Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenyatta View Post
    I give it 3 months before the servers are dead and people lost interest. I can see people flooding the servers for about a week and realizing that it took forever to level to 60, no mounts, foot travel for 40 levels, money was scarce, no heirlooms and after you defeat AQ40, what then? Start over? Stay in AQ forever? Farm MC as a 40 man til your eyes bleed? I give it 3 months til the server/s are bare and people are bitching and everyone is too busy working on their live toons to even care.
    But that's exactly what made the game great back then. Foot travel and world pvp everywhere !

10+ Year Old Account
    as soon as people see what a grind end game is on vanilla servers people will drop it and it will die, too bad blizz had to waste resources on this just to prove em right
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Considering classic WoW will be stuck on Vanilla (since otherwise it won't be classic) people will probably prefer a game that gets new content.
    The only way Classic WoW can survive is if you can play it next to the normal WoW (included in standard subscription).
    Sure at first it will be filled with plenty of people, but a part of that will stop due to nostalgia wearing off, another part due to no new content etc. etc.
    Ignorant, I can tell you never tried playing a private server.

Nostalgia hardly matters. It fuels the INITIAL drive, but soon matters little.

I played a private server last year and enjoyed making NEW memories, checking out places again with NEW people. While I did do all the questing on Alliance side that was available, save maybe a few in a couple different zones in TBC and WotLK before they revamped all the zones, just because it's the same doesn't mean you can't make new memories. Every day. Every moment. You're making new memories.

Not to mention, Vanilla was not when most people who play now started, most people started in Wrath of the Lich King or later.

Thus... for MANY MANY MANY MILLIONS of people, if they try it, it will have NOTHING to do with nostalgia, it will be NEW content, just from a different point of view.

Think about it... for those who really like a challenge, trying to get the reputations up in that Vanilla essence instead of doing it now when it's much easier, working on your epic mount, the Paladin and Warlock chains, trying 40 man raids... these are things many people NEVER got to do, and will love to do.

For instance:

I joined in mid-TBC, January 2008, I made a point of getting Timbermaw reputation up to exalted prior to hitting 60 even, I also made a point of getting the Nagrand ogre-killing reputation up, getting the mounts in Halaa, getting the Winterspring Sabers reputation up, getting my epic mount by 60 instead of being a gold one, getting the PVP tiger, because screw ezmode! I wanted to show off being a priest healer PVPer! And wow, when I was questing through EPL with an old buddy from Australia in my guild, and an epic [Brain Hacker] dropped, we rolled, and I won, it was an amazing feeling.

Now very few things give me these feelings. Everything is very dished out in sample courses, reputation isn't a very tough thing to level up, and certainly mounts aren't hard to get anymore, unless you go for stupid hard ones where you absolutely have to depend on others to help you.

Anyways, I look forward to making new memories, as I did on the private server with both old and new friends, again, on Blizzard servers, no less!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    as soon as people see what a grind end game is on vanilla servers people will drop it and it will die, too bad blizz had to waste resources on this just to prove em right
    More than 100 thousand people who were playing on Nostalrius and pushing end-game say otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

I give it 3 months before the servers are dead and people lost interest. I can see people flooding the servers for about a week and realizing that it took forever to level to 60, no mounts, foot travel for 40 levels, money was scarce, no heirlooms and after you defeat AQ40, what then? Start over? Stay in AQ forever? Farm MC as a 40 man til your eyes bleed? I give it 3 months til the server/s are bare and people are bitching and everyone is too busy working on their live toons to even care.
    People like you were already proven wrong with Nostalrius, and people like you were also the ones saying Blizzard "can't and won't!" bring Vanilla servers about.

Do you want to be proven wrong 3 times? Really? Come on now, just because YOU didn't like it, doesn't mean I didn't like it, doesn't mean these others didn't like it.

Sure, Vanilla may be good for just a few % of the WoW population, but most of that few % aren't subscribed anymore. If Blizzard can get those subs back (and they would in my case) through Vanilla servers which would require far less maintenance? Then you better believe they'll do it. It's money! It's... EASY money.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    If they made the classes balanced (I main a druid, back then we were absolutely gutted in terms of any playability) so that warrior isnt the ONLY tank, and that people can actually play all the specs a class offers without it being "lawl you wont be able to do anything with that shit" then maybe.

I mean, how far are they going back? Will people have to farm mobs in Silithus the last 3 levels because they ran out of quests?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by smoota View Post
    When I was playing vanilla back then in 2005, i didn't felt it was waste of time more than I'm feeling it while I'm playing current wow xpac.
    Maybe 10+ years ago you actually had more time to waste, thus not being a problem?

Hard to justify the time sink of scholomance vanilla vs current scholomance.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

5+ Year Old Account
    "Blizzard doesn't have the old code anymore".

"There is no demand for Vanilla servers".

"People playing on private servers do so only/mainly because it's free".

"Maintenance costs would be prohibitive".

Do you anti-legacy folks never get tired of being proven wrong? Do you get a sort of masochist pleasure out of it? Or are you so salty that you can't let the issue go without additional doom and gloom? I'm frankly curious

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Wow, so much salt in a single post Frankly, I expect the future Vanilla community to be much less toxic than that of "modern" WoW, since the bitter, trollish type will stay the !@#& away
    >> Mocks other posters for being 'salty'
    >> Is 'salty' himself

Oh well.

Where is the proof that this isn't true?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    But that's exactly what made the game great back then. Foot travel and world pvp everywhere !
    Perhaps. But keep in mind that just because something "worked" over ten years ago, it doesn't mean it'll work as well today. Or at all.

Deleted
    The game is part of my memories for years. I leveled through 97 with a single character half way through in the previous XPac before i stopped playing (waisting half of my payed resub). Haven't logged for a second during current XPac and i couldn't care less for the next one. Then there was a little something on my facebook wall about classic WoW. That could bring me back, in fact that was the first thing in years i learned about wow that caused me excitement! Bring it on!

Naxx was the final raid of Vanilla so why would you stay in AQ40 forever? Its content would be like a year to two year span and if they go with it it could potentially always go into TBC again although i don't know if they would do that. Also if lets say there is a drought on classic at this point, you could play the other and vice versa.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    The one making the statement must prove its truthfulness. I never saw an ounce of evidence.

Do you anti-legacy folks never get tired of being proven wrong?
    "Proven wrong"? Three out of four of yours examples above either never existed, or are giant strawmans of the original arguments. Blizzard is working on vanilla servers. Do you guys still really feel the need to have a strawman to beat up?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where is the proof it is?

Deleted
    It's the only way they're getting my money again - official vanilla servers. My friends agree - they're waiting for it as well. Note: vanilla servers, not "pristine" servers, whatever that abomination was supposed to be.

I didn't even watch the new expansion video - couldn't care less about what's in it. The first 40 levels are going to be hell on earth - and lots of world pvp. I just hope they're going to give us the real vanilla experience. That means old AV as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Proven wrong"? Three out of four of yours examples above either never existed, or are giant strawmans of the original arguments. Blizzard is working on vanilla servers. Do you guys still really feel the need to have a strawman to beat up?
    Strawmen? Read the (once again) famous "wall of no" from 2014 or so, and tell me with a straight face about strawmen. Or are you going to go with the old route of "I didn't say what I said, I'm being misquoted"? Just accept you were wrong on the subject, and move on

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Chen View Post
    hello melo, nice to see you still posting. they didn't listen to a portion of the community, they listened to their wallets getting hungry. they're desperate at this point and after Nostalrius, they realized they should give in to the uphill battle of fighting private servers. it's all about the $$$

*waves*

Definitely, they'll make money, players who want that will be (hopefully) happy, so it's a win win.

The one making the statement must prove its truthfulness. I never saw an ounce of evidence.
    You made the statement that they where proven wrong. Now go ahead and prove its truthfulness.

Do you anti-legacy folks never get tired of being proven wrong? Do you get a sort of masochist pleasure out of it? Or are you so salty that you can't let the issue go without additional doom and gloom? I'm frankly curious

https://i.imgur.com/ZOYVawI.png
    Last edited by Serenity91; 2017-11-04 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    You made the statement that they where proven wrong. Now go ahead and prove its truthfulness.
    Why do all the threads end up like this? It's always a discussion about facts VS opinions VS Sources

In my opinion if they wanted to play for free they would play on a retail private server. But thats not the case. People are playing mostly in Vanilla/TBC/Wrath
    Why?
    Because they enjoy more the old experience. And ofcourse, some play it because is free but there is no question they are playing a older version of the game because they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Where is the proof it is?
    Off-Topic much? Stop spamming.