Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Void Elves are High Elves. There's this thing called story progression... you should check it out sometime. Cool stuff.
    they are not the high elves people ask for, and im good with that

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    People getting more than they deserve, a model with death knight skin and they still are not satisfied.
    Horde gets Nightborne, an awesome looking race with one of the best stories told in Legion and a beautiful city. While Alliance gets void emos which look like a brainfart from someone inside Blizz, hard to develop their story without them being edgier than demon hunters and have no capital, these aren´t the high elves people have wanted since vanilla but instead they are the equivalent of Blizz giving the middle finger to whole faction and you wonder why they aren´t satisfied?

Void Elves are High Elves. There's this thing called story progression... you should check it out sometime. Cool stuff.
    If it´s not broken don´t fix it, all people asked were high elves, and blizz gives this abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Deleted
    Look at pictures. They have blue eyes. They are High Elves and they will probably have customization options to look more traditional High Elf.

*drop mic*
    Blue eyes? Are you fucking blind? They have void eyes. It's the absence of an eye with just some spooky bluish gloom. They look more like undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh the eyes look pretty darn blue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Well, this thread is a fun read so far...

As someone who has wanted High Elves for so long, i am more than happy with Void Elves being our monkey paw answer. My only gripe is that they cannot be my favourite class, the Death Knight. =\
    Can't be Paladins either. Oh I know, let's release a race and then change it so they "can't" be one of the most prevalent classes among its NPCs. Bleh.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Uhhh the eyes look pretty darn blue to me.
    This is a natural eye that is blue:
    https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...t_UTc.jpeg&f=1

This is, well, I don't even know what the fuck that is supposed to be but it isn't an eye:

https://i.imgur.com/CQUYiVa.png

Anyway, with ion's comment in that Twitch video I'm officially permanently out from blizzard. The fucks are getting no more money from me. Had they added High elves I would've been loyal for years to come. But this fucking abomination? fucking insulting.
    Last edited by mmoc90efbc5b1c; 2017-11-04 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Anyway, with ion's comment in that Twitch video I'm officially permanently out from blizzard. The fucks are getting no more money from me. Had they added High elves I would've been loyal for years to come. But this fucking abomination? fucking insulting.
    What comment?
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    What comment?
    Jessie Cox did a video stream and Ion showed up on it. During the stream Ion was asked question by Cox's followers. One of which was, 'Any chance of High Elves'?.

His response, and this is less than 24 hours old so you can take this to the bank, was that a.) Blood Elves are High Elves and b.) Void Elves are another flavour of High Elf.

In other words, if you want High Elves, you're catered for.

That's for the people who want a carbon copy of the Blood Elf on the Alliance. For many others I imagine the Void Elf is enough.

Here's the link

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/187439128

It's at about the 1:14:45 mark.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-11-04 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Jessie Cox did a video stream and Ion showed up on it. During the stream Ion was asked question by Cox's followers. One of which was, 'Any chance of High Elves'?.

His response, and this is less than 24 hours old so you can take this to the bank, was that a.) Blood Elves are High Elves and b.) Void Elves are another flavour of High Elf.

In other words, if you want High Elves, you're catered for.

That's for the people who want a carbon copy of the Blood Elf on the Alliance. For many others I imagine the Void Elf is enough.
    For me, it'll depend on the customization options of the void elf. If I can make an elf that at least has seen sun once a year, maybe I'll be satisfied. Maybe.

But, personally, I think Blizzard is making a huge mistake here. There were other ways of making them different, this particular one I feel like they are trying to shove down everyone's throats, as if we were forced to like it. But whatever, I'm powerless to do anything. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst, as always.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    lol that seems, really, really extreme but you do you.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it'll depend on the customization options of the void elf. If I can make an elf that at least has seen sun once a year, maybe I'll be satisfied. Maybe.

But, personally, I think Blizzard is making a huge mistake here. There were other ways of making them different, this particular one I feel like they are trying to shove down everyone's throats, as if we were forced to like it. But whatever, I'm powerless to do anything. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst, as always.
    Given that their entire theme of the Void Elves is their surrender to a force that personifies darkness, I reckon you'll be lucky to have one skin that meets your requirements.

Given that their entire theme of the Void Elves is their surrender to a force that personifies darkness, I reckon you'll be lucky to have one skin that meets your requirements.
    "Hoping for the best, expecting the worst, as always."
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    void elves*
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    What comment?
    This comment.

I did find this @ 1:14:45 on Jesse Cox stream interviewing Ion
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/187439128
    Remember, just because Ion says something doesn't mean that's what is going to happen. He is one person and Blizzard designs as a collective. Just this BlizzCon I've caught him directly contradicting other Devs or being wrong about lore multiple times. He said Worgen and Goblin will get new models either this expansion or for the next one guaranteed while with Jessie, and then in the Wowhead interview Chris Robinson said they are absolutely not being done this expansion and they have no plans to yet.

I mean, for people not satisfied with Void Elves because they have slightly purple hued skin... come on. Don't be petty. You basically got High Elves and with gear on you won't even be able to tell the difference.

The question I have for Blizzard is how do you say their aren't enough High Elves (like Ion did), yet the Silver Covenant have a large presence in WotLK through Legion, yet Void Elves are a small collection of High Elves who got 'voided' and somehow their even smaller population makes more sense? That's very... odd to me. Maybe they'll answer during BlizzCon. I imagine some pro-High Elf person with be enraged enough to scold them publicly, seeing how toxic the forums have become since the Void Elf announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

His response, and this is less than 24 hours old so you can take this to the bank
    I already posted the link and time, but as I said Ion doesn't represent the whole team. Blizzard designs as a collective and has contradicted other Devs quite a few times already this BlizzCon. Also, he isn't exactly the lore guru of the team. As he's said before lore isnt his shtick. He's a min-max raider who ran Elitist Jerks before being hired by WoW. All I'm saying is its possible, not that its likely. His view may indeed be the teams view. All it takes is the community voicing discontent to influence them (See; Illidan redemption storyline and Flying reversal in WoD)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    lol that seems, really, really extreme but you do you.
    Not really, I've been giving recurring chances over and over again over the many years. 13 years of patience but it has now run out. Blizzard just doesn't want my money and they shall have none of it.

10+ Year Old Account

I already posted the link and time, but as I said Ion doesn't represent the whole team. Blizzard designs as a collective and has contradicted other Devs quite a few times already this BlizzCon. Also, he isn't exactly the lore guru of the team. As he's said before lore isnt his shtick. He's a min-max raider who ran Elitist Jerks before being hired by WoW. All I'm saying is its possible, not that its likely. His view may indeed be the teams view. All it takes is the community voicing discontent to influence them (See; Illidan redemption storyline and Flying reversal in WoD)
    You are trying to discount the Game Director within twenty four hours of him saying that, while you have a thalassian elf model becoming available to the Alliance, just not 100% what you wanted.

Is there anything short of a blood elf clone that will satisfy you!? Can't you take close enough?

Remember, just because Ion says something doesn't mean that's what is going to happen. He is one person and Blizzard designs as a collective. Just this BlizzCon I've caught him directly contradicting other Devs or being wrong about lore multiple times. He said Worgen and Goblin will get new models either this expansion or for the next one guaranteed while with Jessie, and then in the Wowhead interview Chris Robinson said they are absolutely not being done this expansion and they have no plans to yet.
    Yeah, but there's a point in which it's futile to keep fighting. We are getting the fourth type of playable elf, and Blizzard chose to literally make an ass pull rather than giving us high elves. I consider this "the last opportunity" we will have. If void elves are customizable enough to be able to be quasi-high elves, I think a lot of people will just accept them, make a high elf-looking character and pretend they are high elves. If not, then you can pretty much give up on it, I really doubt they'll add a fifth elf race any time soon.

I mean, for people not satisfied with Void Elves because they have slightly purple hued skin... come on. Don't be petty. You basically got High Elves and with gear on you won't even be able to tell the difference.
    It's not that simple. Gear does not cover everything, and we often transmog our character to look like we want the character to be, and race is an important part of it. Some people, like me, think of whole storylines behind their characters, others like to roleplay.

This is like a bargain. We (and I'm talking "any player that wants something", not just high elf fans) want something. Blizzard can or can't give it to us. If they can't, then they are supposed to give something that is not exactly what we want, but may appease us and make us satisfied. Void elves do not feel like an attempt to hit a middle ground. (That, of course, is assuming we don't get any "somewhat normal" skin/hair colors)

The question I have for Blizzard is how do you say their aren't enough High Elves (like Ion did), yet the Silver Covenant have a large presence in WotLK through Legion, yet Void Elves are a small collection of High Elves who got 'voided' and somehow their even smaller population makes more sense? That's very... odd to me. Maybe they'll answer during BlizzCon. I imagine some pro-High Elf person with be enraged enough to scold them publicly, seeing how toxic the forums have become since the Void Elf announcement.
    Numbers become even more of an odd argument now that they literally brought out of nowhere a new elf "race" that is also a percentage of high/blood elves.

But my point is another: if they won't give us the "original" high elf, they could've make them different in other ways. Who wanted to play a vampire-looking elf? Maybe those who want forsaken elves, but not us.

Is there anything short of a blood elf clone that will satisfy you!? Can't you take close enough?
    Back in Throne of Thunder, blood elves got access to anima, Silver Covenant helped Jaina empower her staff with vita (lightning). Since then, I always thought a nice evolution for high elves would be using that staff as their new power source. And, since they lived in Dalaran, I thought the concept of "high" elves living in the "sky" harnessing the power of "lightning" was crazy cool.

Imagine high elves with lightning eyes, some crazy tatoo-like lightning markings, different available hair colors, occasional lightning crackling throught their bodies, access to shaman class. They would be as different from blood elves as void elves, but I think they'd be a lot more easily accepted by people than void elves.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-11-04 at 07:40 PM.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    High Elves would have been a far better choice.

Instead we get these moronic Void Elves.

Literally no reason why we couldn't get High Elves considering they're both just Blood Elf reskins anyway.
    they ARE high elves....

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    You are trying to discount the Game Director within twenty four hours of him saying that, while you have a thalassian elf model becoming available to the Alliance, just not 100% what you wanted.

For heavens sake, go read my previous posts instead of cherry picking the parts you don't like. I'm chastising the pro-High Elf people who are whining about Void Elf too. I was never arguing that I wanted High Elves, merely why they were likely. You understand the word likely, right? I'm not 'discounting' him, I'm merely saying the WoW Dev team isn't a monarchy where his word is law. The WoW Dev team decides things as a collective, and he gave his opinion. Calm down.

Deleted
    Back in Throne of Thunder, blood elves got access to anima, Silver Covenant helped Jaina empower her staff with vita (lightning). Since then, I always thought a nice evolution for high elves would be using that staff as their new power source. And, since they lived in Dalaran, I thought the concept of "high" elves living in the "sky" harnessing the power of "lightning" was crazy cool.

Imagine high elves with lightning eyes, some crazy tatoo-like lightning markings, different available hair colors, occasional lightning crackling throught their bodies, access to shaman class. They would be as different from blood elves as void elves, but I think they'd be a lot more easily accepted by people than void elves.
    I could accept that but only because lightning is my element.