Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    Purge of Dalaran was deserved. Blood Elves should try not being traitors and using Dalaran to assist Garrosh, things would turn out better for them.
    just like the coming Sack of Stormwind is also a LONG LONG time coming for the decade plus of hounding the Undercity has suffered from the Humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Anduin was trained in combat by a dwarf, don't remember the name just now, it was in a book, I think the Shattering? It was when Moira invaded Ironforge and Varian marched his army through the deeprun tram to free his son.
    It was also the point when Anduin realized he'd never be the same kind of fighter as his father and wants to be a priest instead. I think they did a really good job at representing that in the cinematic. Plus him trying to put on a warrior's mask and hiding his youth with the mask.
    I thought it was great.
    it was Magni
    Then he gave him a scepter
    Then he gave the scepter to Baine
    Then Anduin spent long nights with Father Velen to feel the light

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

it was Magni
    Then he gave him a scepter
    Then he gave the scepter to Baine
    Then Anduin spent long nights with Father Velen to feel the light
    Oh right, I wasn't sure if it was Magni anymore, because there was this scene with one of the dwarves dying in a crumbled building and Anduin being really sad about that, so I wasn't sure if that was the teacher. And that couldn't have been Magni ofc ^^

And I'm just going to think, you actually meant the light in your last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    As others have pointed out, Rexxar is a BM survival hunter, Thrall was a platewearing elemental enhancement shaman and now he is a cloth wearing one, Tyrande is a marksman priest who uses balance druid magic, Maiev is a mage rogue, Khadgar is an Arcane Fire Frost mage, and Alleria has just become a shadowpriest hunter. NPCs does not fit our class archetype, being more fluid in what they can use.

Gameplay and Story segregation are the keywords here
    The difference is "platewearing elemental enhancement shaman" "marksman priest with balance druid magic" "mage rogue" etc. are not already classes of their own. "Plate-wearing, sword wielding light wielder" is and that thing is a Paladin.

I'm okay with lore characters doing some things that don't fit their class, but Anduin is doing literally everything that makes Paladins distinct and they're trying to claim he is not a Paladin. It's a disservice to both Paladins and Priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I don't think what Anduin accomplished there had much to do with him. He stretched his hand with teary-eyes towards the heavens and made a plea. The Light answered. It seems to work more like Thoros of Myr in Game of Thrones. Thoros himself doesn't have the power to bring back the dead, R'hllor just happens to answer his prayers.
    Use of the light is determined by one's faith in their ability to do so in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Yet Sky Captain Kragg is now a dungeon boss.... There's cross-over
    Yeah, one of the druid followers, Brightwing, was originally a HotS character. But there's no like portal or connection or anything between WoW's world and hearthstone's. Otherwise we'd have people asking why Thrall or Sylvanas isn't using this skin or that.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Sylvanas is a hunter-death knight ghost monster
    While what you say is absolutely true, it still made me LOL so hard.... I'm still chuckling. Hunter-death knight ghost monster... I love it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Well the plate armor and sword didnt stop him being as pathetic as usual in the fight. The just let him pull some OP light ability out of his ass way beyond what he should be capable of tho because "hero"
    Not all heroes or "epic" characters need to be(nor should be) bloodthirsty melee classes or mages flinging spells left and right.
    Anduin being more of a healer type will speak more to some groups of players than the same-old same-old Garrosh or Varian archetype.

What do you know about him being capable of or not? How is that OP? The lore is full of characters with super powerful destructive abilties; it makes sense there are just as powerful defensive abilities.

This is why it's so hard to make great storytelling for kids and young adults these days; it's all about being able to slice up 38903 soldiers in 1 millisecond. No diversity. Black and white is bad enough, but it's not even that. Just black. Dull. Boring.

--

I'm so glad Anduin is still a priest. The priest class needs it. The game needs it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    The difference is "platewearing elemental enhancement shaman" "marksman priest with balance druid magic" "mage rogue" etc. are not already classes of their own. "Plate-wearing, sword wielding light wielder" is and that thing is a Paladin.

I'm okay with lore characters doing some things that don't fit their class, but Anduin is doing literally everything that makes Paladins distinct and they're trying to claim he is not a Paladin. It's a disservice to both Paladins and Priests.
    Yes, but it would be an even greater disservice to turn yet another major lore character into yet another paladin. The game has too many paladins as it is.
    What I'm hoping for is that the plate armor and sword is just a phase he is going through, and that he will realize that there is not where he belongs and that he can be a powerful leader of the humans without being a warrior(of the light). The mass ress makes sense for a priest, so I don't see that as paladin distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Yes, but it would be an even greater disservice to turn yet another major lore character into yet another paladin. The game has too many paladins as it is.
    What I'm hoping for is that the plate armor and sword is just a phase he is going through, and that he will realize that there is not where he belongs and that he can be a powerful leader of the humans without being a warrior(of the light). The mass ress makes sense for a priest, so I don't see that as paladin distinct.
    The armor makes sense since you are laying siege to an fortified enemy capital city, one arrow and things take a bad turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Beyond what he is capable of? Kid is basically chosen by the Light, he's human Jesus
    I love how you had to differentiate that, and that people know why you did.

Deleted
    Why are people saying he sucked at fighting?
    He put two guys down easily, and obliterated the troll that zapped greymane.
    And the dude who dropped him in the first place was VAROK FUCKING SAURFANG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people having such a hard time with Anduin wearing plate and using light without being a paladin.. Why would the inexperienced King of Stormwind, NOT wear proper protection during his first war.. it's not only to protect him but to inspire others aswel.

Classes are a game mechanic, they don't exist in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    The armor makes sense since you are laying siege to an fortified enemy capital city, one arrow and things take a bad turn.
    Yes, of course, but there has been talk about him becoming a paladin because of all his talk about how the people he look up to were fighters, not a priest that isn't swinging a sword - so I've been worried. I'm so glad he is not going down that road though!

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    QQ some more, deep down you know your band of genocidal maniacs led by an insane banshee will go down. History is not on the side of the savages, but on the side of the good guys - the Alliance.
    Typical alliance played by little boys because they think they’re the good guys. Newsflash: Neither faction is good or bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    A quaint sentiment. Both factions are utterly reprehensible. Don't delude yourself. Our boy-king's ear is bent by a bloodthirsty dog, and the humans literally made interment camps after the second war. They were one short mustache away from genocide of the orcs.
    A bloodthirsty dog that’s after an undead creature that killed his son, poisoned his kingdom(and the lands around her”kingdom”) with a plague that ruins the environment and refuses to allow people to clean it up, keep in mind this undead has shown interest (confirmed in the book released so far) of attacking the alliance first(again assuming she didn’t blow up that stupid treehouse of the elves first)
    For your second point, what would you have done with a race of creatures that attacked you first, from a world you couldn’t send them back. Keep in mind they didnt know much about Kalimdor so they couldn’t exile them there and there were still demon worshipers amongst them that were sacficing innocent people every chance,Let’s not forget the first horde had poisoned their own planet in their attempt to wipe out the Draenei (I just figured out why the majority of orcs like sylanvans leading them its just like there grand pappy days of screwing over the places that they live) and were more then willing to wipe out and enslave the humans,elves. The fact that they didn’t execute them all is something that could only exist in a fantasy setting

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    A quaint sentiment. Both factions are utterly reprehensible. Don't delude yourself. Our boy-king's ear is bent by a bloodthirsty dog, and the humans literally made interment camps after the second war. They were one short mustache away from genocide of the orcs.
    yeah and orcs painted rainbows on sky in second and first war, i agree totally lol

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be more accurate to say that the major lore characters aren't confined to the rules of a single class. Frankly, no lore characters are.

Anduin spent a lot of his youth training to be a priest. Then he trained to fight for a while in Ironforge. Then his father died, he became king, and picked up his dead father's sword. Now he's got a suit of armor that he wears when he leads his soldiers into battle.

Does that make him a paladin? Not exactly -- he's not a member of the Silver Hand, or any other paladin order, and as far as we know hasn't been trained as one.

It's a similar story for most of the major figures. Lor'themar and Sylvanas were both Rangers (Marksman Hunters?) but now Lor'themar wears a full suit of plate armor and carries a greatsword (Arms Warrior?). Thrall was raised as a Gladiator (Fury Warrior?) but eventually became a Shaman. Tyrande is a Priestess of the Moon (Holy Priest?) but also an archer with a pet owl (Beast Mastery Hunter?). On and on. You can't really narrow them down very much. What's Genn, an Arms Warrior or an Outlaw Rogue?

10+ Year Old Account
    So is he official a Priest or a Paladin?

As some others have pointed out, the faction leaders have often been multi-class or just above that sort of pigeon hole. Thrall was always shammy & warrior, excelling as both. Vol'jin was a master of glaives, bow, and voodoo. Who's to say what Sylvanas is?

What we know so far about Anduin is that while his father had him trained in melee combat and he isn't afraid to fight that way, he also has a very special connection to the Light. It's a plot device that Blizz can use in whatever way advances their story.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    So is he official a Priest or a Paladin?
    priest
    /10 chars