Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Jaina will probably kill Thrall. have a break down realising what she has done. and the Horde with Martyr fueld momentum raises Kul'Tiras to the ground snuffing out the Proudmoore blood line.

Nathanos dies to Genn and Sylvanas losing the only person she cares about left in the world puts the rabid beast out of his misery.

This will be how the 5th War ends.

Thrall Cairne and Vol'jin look on at their Horde that despite all odds has survived and endured.
    How would that stop the war?

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    How would that stop the war?
    Anduin stops the war by leaving the Horde alone and making concessions after his rabid warmongers are killed

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Jaina will probably kill Thrall. have a break down realising what she has done. and the Horde with Martyr fueld momentum raises Kul'Tiras to the ground snuffing out the Proudmoore blood line.

Nathanos dies to Genn and Sylvanas losing the only person she cares about left in the world puts the rabid beast out of his misery.

This will be how the 5th War ends.

Thrall Cairne and Vol'jin look on at their Horde that despite all odds has survived and endured as a ghostly Orgrim and Grom Join behind thrall and everything cuts to black.
    I kind of think Jaina's heel-face turn will come when she gets the war she seems to have been hankering for, and then sees the true cost of it both to her own people in the Alliance and to the people she once considered friends within the Horde (such as Thrall and Baine). It's one thing to be hurting and aggrieved, desiring conflict to slake your thirst for a sense of vengeance, and its another to live with the consequences of that desire once it spirals out of control and begins to hurt the ones you care for.

I guess we'll see, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Anduin stops the war by leaving the Horde alone and making concessions after his rabid warmongers are killed
    Sounds a bit too convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    As long as Thrall does not survive the expansion, and, his death is not seen as a tragedy by the alliance, I'm fine.

Thrall is an evil character that should have died during the mak'gora with Garrosh in WoD.
    You're an idiot if you think Thrall is an evil character, yet again another pro-Garrosh lunatic talking BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    I think it's time for old Thrally to pass the torch.

In Cata, he fricking singlehandadle saved the world. In WoD, he cheated his way to kill the big bag.
    Yeah, it just took all the aspects to relinquish their power, Thrall to turn in to the world shaman and the heroes of Azeroth to beat down Deathwing. This again is the same sheep who call Thrall green Jesus, seriously you don't have a clue and just jump on Thrall hate bandwagon. I'm sure you weren't bitching when Tirion saved the day and one shot Frostmourne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Right, horde never needs crutches. Thrall totally didn't break Mak'gora rules to win. Sylvannas doesn't need the valkyr...
    Again, jumping on the Mak'gora cheating bandwagon. WOTLK Mak'gora Thrall was throwing Garrosh around with all his elemental powers, they were both in full plate. It's just a convenient excuse for Thrall haters to jump on. End of the day, Thrall absolutely finished Garrosh with style, he needed putting down and Thrall finished the mistake he made.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-05 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    You're an idiot if you think Thrall is an evil character, yet again another pro-Garrosh lunatic talking BS.

Thrall absolutely finished Garrosh with style, he needed putting down and Thrall finished the mistake he made.
    Never attribute to incompetence what can just as easily be explained by malice ...Or something to that effect.

also, cool down the hate bro. no need to get triggered. I never said I was pro-Garrosh.

regarding the bold part:
    Yes, the mistake he made, the one huge mistake he made, as a political leader, and a self-proclaimed peaceful character.
    He basically put Stalin in power, after stalin himself said "hey, this might be a bad idea, I'm a warrior not a leader"
    And he didnt do anything untill it was way too late. And for this he has faced no consequenses whatsoever.
    But the worst part is, that he takes no blame! Feels no remorse! After Thrall cheats in the makgora and Garrosh comes with some very good points. Thrall throws them all aside, proclaiming his innocense and blames it all on Garrosh.
    For craps sake, even the elements abandon Thrall cause he's not worthy of their aid anymore.

Jumping on the mak'gora bandwagon?

Not sure it's a bandwagon when one side of an arguement is correct and one is false.
    going for the correct side is just.. correct.

oh, and yes. Tirion one-shotting Frostmourne was stupid aswell. but Tirion was a guy you saw once in a while during one expac. Thrall has been basically the main-character of wow since vanilla. Let green jesus die.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Never attribute to incompetence what can just as easily be explained by malice ...Or something to that effect.

also, cool down the hate bro. no need to get triggered. I never said I was pro-Garrosh.
    I'm talking to you direct, this does not mean I'm hating or getting triggered. But i see you call the mods to infract me

regarding the bold part:
    Yes, the mistake he made, the one huge mistake he made, as a political leader, and a self-proclaimed peaceful character.
    He basically put Stalin in power, after stalin himself said "hey, this might be a bad idea, I'm a warrior not a leader"
    And he didnt do anything untill it was way too late.
    Lets be honest, Cata Garrosh was very different to MoP Garrosh and his character changed. Garrosh's success in Northrend was making him popular amongst the people, Thrall hoped he would learn from the responsibility. He was wrong, such a mary sue!

And for this he has faced no consequenses whatsoever.
    But the worst part is, that he takes no blame! Feels no remorse!
    Thrall was saving the world from Deathwing, you have a strange way about priorites. You're wrong if you think Thrall doesn't feel guilty for the deaths of his friends, especially Cairne. Garrosh made himself in to a tyrant, Thrall just appointed him Warchief. You can't blame Thrall for the mistakes Garrosh made.

After Thrall cheats in the makgora and Garrosh comes with some very good points. Thrall throws them all aside, proclaiming his innocense and blames it all on Garrosh.
    For craps sake, even the elements abandon Thrall cause he's not worthy of their aid anymore.

Jumping on the mak'gora bandwagon?

Not sure it's a bandwagon when one side of an arguement is correct and one is false.
    going for the correct side is just.. correct.
    Evidence of a Mak'gora challenge, Thrall using his shamanistic powers and Garrosh wearing armour.

http://youtu.be/iA6DvBvUQPk?t=2m33s

Non-game restricted evidence.

also there has been other Mak'gora's where magic has been used.
    Why were they not in loincloths?
    Where were the witnesess?
    Where were the blessings?

This Mak'gora didn't follow the traditional ancient rules, I heard no cries of foul play from Garrosh in either duel so I'm afraid your just clutching at straws. The reason why I believe the elements have gone quiet is because of his lust for vengeance travelling to alternate times and planets to finish Garrosh.

oh, and yes. Tirion one-shotting Frostmourne was stupid aswell. but Tirion was a guy you saw once in a while during one expac. Thrall has been basically the main-character of wow since vanilla. Let green jesus die.
    Thrall did practically nothing till Cata, did you even play back then? You're so wrong again.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2017-11-05 at 04:09 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, it just took all the aspects to relinquish their power, Thrall to turn in to the world shaman and the heroes of Azeroth to beat down Deathwing. This again is the same sheep who call Thrall green Jesus, seriously you don't have a clue and just jump on Thrall hate bandwagon. I'm sure you weren't bitching when Tirion saved the day and one shot Frostmourne.

- - - Updated - - -
    Infracted.
    I don't care what it took, what I was saying is it shouldn't be Thrall killing Deathwing, Thralls story should have ended after Warcraft 3, where his good written story god resolved. He had 4 ending stories written for him, and he's apparently still going.
    Tirion might have deus ex'd Lich king, but guess what, that was his resolution, his story was him growing from nothing, building himself in the order all the way up to killing lich king, and that was the resolution, he didn't kill Deathwing also, and the kill Garrosh and then kill Archimond, no. He had his story finished, and then he just acted as a small plot point in Legion, so he could finally rest, as a character. If the writters decided to ress him for the Death Knight campaign, yeah, then I would complain, but now, he is a good written character, unlike Thrall.

Again, jumping on the Mak'gora cheating bandwagon. WOTLK Mak'gora Thrall was throwing Garrosh around with all his elemental powers, they were both in full plate. It's just a convenient excuse for Thrall haters to jump on. End of the day, Thrall absolutely finished Garrosh with style, he needed putting down and Thrall finished the mistake he made.

Infracted.
    And this, Thrall shouldn't have even been battling Garrosh in the first place, and it sucks for such a great written character to go this way, being killed by Chris Metzen himself in a unfair way in some ugly (the cinematic was ugly adn bland... it has no freaking background!) cinematic. Thrall fought Garrosh 2 times too many, he already proved he can't kill Garrosh, so no idea why the writters decided suddenly he can.

And I am glad the much more competent writters of Legion finally understood this and made Thrall a reasonable charater in the encha shaman artifact quest. He seems borderline suicidal and he's completly useless, because he understand he failed his honor. Doomhammer is no longer listening to him. THAT'S a good written story, unlike anything thrall has done since Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    One of the featured characters of the expansion is Thrall. What role do you think he will play in the story? Neutral peacemaker? Horde Loyal? Reluctant Horde ally? Turncoat?
    He will bring Zandalari to save the Horde at the Wound in Silithus while Jaina will bring Kul Tiras to save the Alliance.

reality: he will be busy with other key figures fighting azshara and uncovering her plan.

my dream: he and malfurion are pissed of by horde and alliance and decide to found a third faction available for player who don't want to be involved in another war through a quest in game, available to both alliance and horde races, give the ability to group and chat and form mixed guilds.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

He will probably get killed to spark some drama.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    reality: he will be busy with other key figures fighting azshara and uncovering her plan.

my dream: he and malfurion are pissed of by horde and alliance and decide to found a third faction available for player who don't want to be involved in another war through a quest in game, available to both alliance and horde races, give the ability to group and chat and form mixed guilds.
    That would be more plausible if the horde hadn't burned down teldrassil and murdered a bunch of the people he was meant to be leader of.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be more plausible if the horde hadn't burned down teldrassil and murdered a bunch of the people he was meant to be leader of.
    and you say that as if every horde member joined in burning it down. They must have done that and be at the undercity defending it same time somehow.

Remember how when garrosh was warchief, you had some who joined him, and some who opposed him within the horde, yeah, funny that, its almost like not everyone in the horde would agree to burn down the night elves home.
    #boycottchina

I don't care what it took, what I was saying is it shouldn't be Thrall killing Deathwing, Thralls story should have ended after Warcraft 3, where his good written story god resolved. He had 4 ending stories written for him, and he's apparently still going.
    You're not the head writer at Blizzard, Thrall was always going to have a story with Deathwing ever since the now discontinued adventure game.

Tirion might have deus ex'd Lich king, but guess what, that was his resolution, his story was him growing from nothing, building himself in the order all the way up to killing lich king, and that was the resolution, he didn't kill Deathwing also, and the kill Garrosh and then kill Archimond, no. He had his story finished, and then he just acted as a small plot point in Legion, so he could finally rest, as a character. If the writters decided to ress him for the Death Knight campaign, yeah, then I would complain, but now, he is a good written character, unlike Thrall.
    1) The story of Thrall and Garrosh has been built since TBC. Lets not even mention that the relationship between Thrall and Grom.
    2) I don't see why you're being negative about Thrall using the Dragon Soul. It's not like Thrall schooled Deathwing, or is it more that you wanted to get the kill? Sorry that doesn't happen. You're amongst heroes, your individual character will never get the limelight.
    3) Have you read Lord of the Clans, I know Cata wasn't Thrall's strongest point but to say Thrall is a badly written character is just asinine.

And this, Thrall shouldn't have even been battling Garrosh in the first place, and it sucks for such a great written character to go this way, being killed by Chris Metzen himself in a unfair way in some ugly (the cinematic was ugly adn bland... it has no freaking background!) cinematic. Thrall fought Garrosh 2 times too many, he already proved he can't kill Garrosh, so no idea why the writters decided suddenly he can.
    1) I thought the cinematic was amazing, opinions I guess.
    2) Chris Metzen isn't Thrall, he's just his voice. Stop confusing this. Metzen hasn't worked on Warcraft for years and now is retired.
    3) Thrall killed Garrosh, you'll have to get over it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Its okay, all alliance instead of stormwind then.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not the head writer at Blizzard, Thrall was always going to have a story with Deathwing ever since the now discontinued adventure game.

1) The story of Thrall and Garrosh has been built since TBC. Lets not even mention that the relationship between Thrall and Grom.
    2) I don't see why you're being negative about Thrall using the Dragon Soul. It's not like Thrall schooled Deathwing, or is it more that you wanted to get the kill? Sorry that doesn't happen. You're amongst heroes, your individual character will never get the limelight.
    3) Have you read Lord of the Clans, I know Cata wasn't Thrall's strongest point but to say Thrall is a badly written character is just asinine.

1) I thought the cinematic was amazing, opinions I guess.
    2) Chris Metzen isn't Thrall, he's just his voice. Stop confusing this. Metzen hasn't worked on Warcraft for years and now is retired.
    3) Thrall killed Garrosh, you'll have to get over it.
    thrall and deathwing story was written 10 years before cata?!?!?! wow

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    Its okay, all alliance instead of stormwind then.
    Man, stop, it's just not gonna happen.

Deleted
    I predict one of the horde zones will have the character follow his travels; much alike the jade forrest had us follow Anduin back in Pandaria.

[I]
    Tirion had a pretty iconic end-game quest-line back in vanilla. He has also been all over the expansion:
    - DK starting zone had him reclaim Ashbringer for the living
    - Howling Fyord had a questline with him; i don't exactly remember it but it was about us spying on LKs activity at Utgarde
    - He was all over the final zone of WotLK, Icecrown; from the 1st quest hub, up to the quest-line with Arthas's heart and later on the Argent Tourney.

Thrall on the other hand did nothing, outside of visiting Outland in TBC and being there as a watcher at the aforementioned tourney (that's before Cata kicked in)

obviously this never gonna happen but let imagine how thing develop:

The book would focus on sylvanas preparing attack on stormwind and genn secretly preparing plans to invade lordaeron during the entire book both camp are plagued by saboteurs that try desperately to prevent the two faction to act in the end we are left at the point when sylvanas was forced to change objective to teldrassil and genn was forced to move.

At that point the game pick up horde character would do a teldrassil scenario and alliance would do a lordaeron scenario, right before that all the player get a quest with the option to contact a mysterious figure in dalaran, that is revealed to be thrall for horde character or malfurion for alliance character, they explain how they are absolutely pissed with horde and alliance doing, how they want to form a neutral faction for those who harbor the same sentiment and how they gonna cripple both attack because for now they can't go and have a full confrontation with both and also don't want both civilian populations to suffer.

If the player accept the invitation (a triple warning flash on the screen that you are about to defect your faction and become a traitor, need also a written "accept" confirmation) it get a different role in both scenario, save the civilian and hinder both horde and alliance war effort, you discover that inside both faction there is a plethora of infiltrated agents, key figures that disagree with the vision of the leaders and are ready to defect.

The scenarios play, both city are destroyed but the effort of the players saved countless life at this point there is video were both thrall and malfurion reveal to the horde/alliance leadership their plan, a new faction has founded dedicated to protect innocent from external threat and alliance vs horde warmongering, they are supported by all the neutral factions (class hall factions), dalaran is the moving capital.

Players who join this factions need to be 110 and upon joining lose the access to all horde and alliance cities (reps for all the races are forced set to "at war"), bg have now a third faction to fight for and both alliance and horde aligned player are hostile, gain the ability to cross talk, form cross race groups and guilds.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2017-11-06 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    I hope his role is to be same as Tirions in Legion

Obviously about Silithus/Azeroth wound, about healing the world thing. Horde vs Alliance matters has not been his priority since Cata.