Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    #allianceshotfirst
    #Thedarkportal

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    #Thedarkportal
    #draeneibroughtlegiontodraenor

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Is everyone forgetting that the alliance generally despise most of the horde races? Not exactly thinking there needs to be a big reason for the alliance to attack horde.
    Other than some exceptions with personal grudges (i.e: Genn & Sylvanas, or Rodgers against the Horde), as far as I know, the Alliance has stopped hating the Horde since after SoO. Pretty sure Anduin is at least neutral towards the Horde, even after Varian's death. There should be a big reason for him to go all aggressive against them - I mean, he wasn't even that aggressive against the Legion who killed his father.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    #draeneibroughtlegiontodraenor
    #soitwasthelegionsfault

Also technically even though the Draenei brought the legion to Draenor, they still didn't strike first. They lived with the Orcs peacefully until the Orcs tried to wipe them out.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2017-11-04 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Sylvannas is warchief, you think the horde isn't going to come defend the Undercity and just let the alliance claim all of EK peacefully?

Really though, we DON'T HAVE THE FULL STORY. At least wait for the novel. Wait until we know the actual story and what happens before judging the story as bad.
    No matter what story they come up with won't excuse any of this. Let's beat each other's brains in again until the next inevitable cosmic threat comes along. Then let's get together and sing along to peace and love when it returns. Etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    How do you justify the premise of all the other expansions.

Why unite to defeat the Legion? The Legion were a fucking joke. Our soldiers continued fighting eachother whilst champions took them down. There's no reason to pause the real war to deal with minor threats like the Legion, Old Gods and Voidlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    If Sylvanas were going after Stormwind first, I could understand it, but based on what was stated at the What's New panel, it was either Teldrassil or Undercity that kicked things off. I just can't see any logic to Sylvanas going after Teldrassil without something else instigating it.
    And as the book snippet reveals, Sylvanas does want to attack Stormwind. Attacking a tree and revealing her hostile intentions, wasting the element of surprise on something that's not her main target, is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Odds are the Horde starts it. Why do I say that? Because they are the ones who always start it. The First and Second Wars? The Horde started it.

The war that was going on during Cataclysm and MoP? The Horde started it. Ashran? The Horde started it.
    Started by Varian in Wrath. The first act of aggression after the post-WotLK truce was Northwatch aggression against the Barrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Is communication really that hard for people in Warcraft? You'd think someone would go "By the way, the Broken Shore was a trap" to the Alliance leaders.

Either the Alliance leaders have been informed of the Horde's forced retreat and they simply don't care or Matthias Shaw and everyone in the Uncrowned are drooling idiots.
    What truly is surprising here is that the full scope of Broken Shore's trap-ness was discovered in Stormwind, after Rogues exposed Detheroc and his infiltration of the SI:7. And no one in the main keep wondered what the commotion outside was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Orcs are the legion. You know ... alien invaders from another world trying to take over ours. End of story - Orcs... horde... you are the new legion that will be decimated.
    I think the Orcs have bought themselves some legitimacy by working to save Azeroth from the Burning Legion twice. They're also not really trying to take over the world, they simply feel threatened by the Alliance encroaching on their land, and of course the legacy of the First and Second Wars still burn brightly enough. Besides, it's not as if the other Alliance races have a super-potent claim to Azeroth except by dint of being there longer. The Humans are descended from automatons made from alien demigods, as are the Dwarves and Gnomes - the Draenei are just as alien as the Orcs. Of the Alliance and Horde races only the Tauren, Trolls, Goblins, Pandaren, Night Elves, and Blood Elves are natural denizens of Azeroth (or at least products of evolution or mutations thereof).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    The Forsaken are one thing, but there is absolutely no reason the other races of the Horde, ESPECIALLY THE ORCS, would rally behind Sylvanas to wage war against the Alliance again after Garrosh. It just makes absolutely no fucking sense, especially in the wake of Legion craze.
    She is their Warchief and the Horde (especially the Orcs) are all about honour so I see no reason they would not defend Undercity.

Like how do you even justify this premise? What would Illidan think of the fact the Alliance and Horde suddenly decide to fight each other over the Legion?
    I agree the premise is a bit dumb. We have had 6 expansions where at the end of the day, the horde and alliance have worked together together to save the world, its a cold war at best. In the Legion intro Cinematic Sylvanas and Varian gave each other little nods of respect and Sylvanas saved Varian from the infernal. I thought this meant that attitudes were changing and at the end when Varian shouts "For Azeroth!" and not "For the Alliance!", it just seemed like they were finally accepting that they needed each other.

At the end of the day, I don't see the point in a faction war based expansion because they will join up AGAIN at the end, to beat someone else. Neither faction can ever win because both factions have huge player-bases, if one faction wins, the losing factions players will be pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

The reason is Sylvanas. If you endorse a warchief that destroyed an entire kingdom and occupies another, then you're bound to share the consequences.

Anduin is being advised by both Genn and Velen, and Anduin seems to listen to Velen most of the time much to the chagrin of Genn. I have a hard time believing that Anduin suddenly gets manipulated so easily by Genn to attack Undercity first.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    During the Rise of the Lich King and on the authority of king of Lordaeron. Besides, the kingdom was still ultimately destroyed.
    But he didn't. He dissolved The Silver Hand.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Anduin is being advised by both Genn and Velen, and Anduin seems to listen to Velen most of the time much to the chagrin of Genn. I have a hard time believing that Anduin suddenly gets manipulated so easily by Genn to attack Undercity first.
    Velen has been away for a while now; fighting the legion with us... haven't you noticed?

The Forsaken are one thing, but there is absolutely no reason the other races of the Horde, ESPECIALLY THE ORCS, would rally behind Sylvanas to wage war against the Alliance again after Garrosh. It just makes absolutely no fucking sense, especially in the wake of Legion craze.

Like how do you even justify this premise? What would Illidan think of the fact the Alliance and Horde suddenly decide to fight each other over the Legion?
    the legion has been dealt with

we dont know what happens but im guessing the horde burns tel down first probably after a windrunner sister fight and then they attack under city this is setting to be a world war

Deleted

It has much more potential for better storytelling than the Star Wars rip-off that are Void Lords. Big bads have been the weakest part of WoW lore since Lich King. I honestly don't understand why you people need to fight another doomsday engine every expansion, it's boring as hell at this point.

What bothers me about it is that this time it feels pretty forced. I guess we need to wait to see the whole picture. I feel like there's something much deeper at work instead of just another Horde vs Alliance war (possible old god manipulation).

You would think that eventually the Horde and Alliance would see that they kinda need each other to take on huge threats like the Legion, Deathwing, Old Gods, etc, seeing as how they've had to come together so many times now....

considering that we "defeated" sargeras at this point means we got to go back to smacking each other around duh

Because bliztard write it that way, do sylvanas bulshit the forsaken can't give birth is a serious reason? She could have resurrected the Cult of the Damned and have a long supply of adept willing to become forsaken.

It's simply because blizzard don't have enough material to make an xpack sole about an external threat and use the faction war as secondary plot to fill the hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Don't forget the old gods, they play a big role

7+ Year Old Account
    Book isn't out yet. But it appears Varok is pushing for the Horde supporting Sylvanas from I can see. Sylvanas even rallies Varok and the Horde against the Alliance. Personally good developement its a lot better than Garrosh 2.0 story arc.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar