Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malator View Post
    resistance gear. These are a few things I can see people complaining about.
    Cmon farming Maraudon wasnt that bad ......
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Jesus Christ stop with this. I played in an all adult guild in Vanilla and TBC, we cleared most of vanilla raids, and ALL of TBC raids with 3-4 raid nights a week only playing for a few hours. People with careers with children, lawyers and doctors and scientists.
    Yes, but that was also 2005-6 and the world and gaming have both changed a lot, there's a reason that MOBAs (Quick matches, tangible carrot-on-a-stick rewards, no long-term commitments) exploded so hard and MMOs as a genre are suffering (And WoW is the only MMO that came out in the mid-2000s that's still functioning on a sub model). I'm lucky if I can eat when I get home before I need to be asleep for next shift, if I have time off to myself the last thing I'm thinking is spending two hours looking for 40 people to do a raid that we'll be lucky to make a cut into in five hours of wiping, hearthing to repair, summoning them back, ect. ect.

Classic is going to be a monumental failure. There will be a bunch of subscribers to start with and they will eventually tail off into nothing.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Basically, we're in an age where you can't sit around happily playing and grinding out five hours of stuff, the people who were young enough then are adults with jobs now (or jobless, which is an unfortunate-for-them exception), it's not something I really have time for, but if people can find the time and enjoy it, I won't stop them.

I just feel like a lot of people are excited over something they don't entirely comprehend when they hype up classic like that. If you're all in on it, good on you, everyone deserves to enjoy what they do, but I think a lot of post-BC people with a romanticized view of Classic are gonna get their rose tinted glasses punched into their face and glass shards in their eyes.
    Well I actually do agree with what you're saying. There are for sure many many people who will quit Vanilla WoW soon after, but there are also tons of people who legitmately do enjoy it (and new people who want to finally experience it). Overall, the amount of hate on MMOC for something that does not affect anyone is kinda weird and I myself might've overreacted too as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    there is a difference in a good fun grind and a no life boring grind.
    I agree. Legion is closer to the former and Vanilla is the later without a doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    loads of people QQing about how difficult vanilla grind was, to many other it doesn't even matter, they either enjoyed the efforts they put in to reap rewards, or just miss how the game was. i miss the old zones and quests and the story in general, the game was hard and that made it better, i would just love to rewatch STV chainsaw massacres. i hope it's a big hit and i hope it's here to stay, because it'll be a load of fun regardless.

ya don't like it? spew thy poison elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Well I actually do agree with what you're saying. There are for sure many many people who will quit Vanilla WoW soon after, but there are also tons of people who legitmately do enjoy it (and new people who want to finally experience it). Overall, the amount of hate on MMOC for something that does not affect anyone is kinda weird and I myself might've overreacted too as well.
    Aye, sorry if I seemed a little heated, this arguement is just toxic, it's a lot of "I can't enjoy what you enjoy so stop enjoying it" on both ends

Basically, let people enjoy what they enjoy, it's not for me, I'm just giving personal thoughts as to why it isn't (and being a little too opinionated because again, easy to get heated).

Call it sleep delirium from Daylight savings kicking in and call it even?

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Lol blessing of salvation, protection, freedom, light, sacrifice.
    Lol bring back Pally Power

Classic WoW won't do anything to bring the masses back.
    Classic WoW will, however, have players playing few months(at most) before leaving again, ala every fresh start server on every MMO ever.
    Anyone who disagrees is gonna be sorely disappointed
    I'm willing to wager that I'm right if anyone wants to lose some cash.

Cmon farming Maraudon wasnt that bad ......
    Maraudon was just for AQ nature resistance. Crafting all the fire resistance and drops from random dungeons. Ohhhhh yeah!!! Having to go through BRD to smelt dark iron ore!! Can’t wait for the reaction from that!

15+ Year Old Account
    2 hours? what about 4/6 hours...
    My guild was pretty casual.

Lol warlock soulshards and hunter ammo. Rip bags.

Why is everyone refering as Vanilla as "Classic" ? "Classic" goes from Vanilla-Wrath, i mean they mabye add tbc server only, wrath only for example

So far the only thing that Classic Servers are proving is that a lot of the players just want it to feel superior.

10+ Year Old Account
    you complain about grind yet praise vanilla? oh sweet summer child

Quote Originally Posted by Cyteriz View Post
    Why is everyone refering as Vanilla as "Classic" ? "Classic" goes from Vanilla-Wrath, i mean they mabye add tbc server only, wrath only for example

blizz called it classic, thats why, it is a better marketing name than World of Warcraft: Vanilla to be fair
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Jesus fucking christ you are delusional.

People are not going to just stop playing current wow just because Blizzard opens up Classic servers, believing so is beyond stupid.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-11-05 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I truly believe WoW Classic will bring back millions of players that have left over the years... and they will STAY.
    ROFLMAOA HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

td;lr: no, you are wrong.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Where are my heirlooms? Why can't I mount at 20? Why are mounts so expensive? Where's dungeon finder? Why are things so unbalanced? Why has the boat gotten stuck in the side of Arathi Highlands? Why did the zepplin just disappear from beneath me and plummet me to my death? Why are these quests taking so long? Why did i run out of quests in Silithus? Why is everything so grindy?

Bless them. It'll be fun to re-live that though.
    Yeah they will get a rude shock for sure when they don't have all those QoL items and so on now.. But it will be interesting to see how some of these so called pro legacy lot remember what it was like..

Because what they think is grindy now in Legion is far worse in vanilla, as you said specially when you ran out of quests in a zone and could not go to the next one because being too low so had to grind mobs to get to the right level..

And I suppose so on that part to remember way back then, I never did finish that class quest that had me running around Azshara, that eventually finished in Sunken Temple to kill a dragon..

Classic is a long ways off, so it is way too early to tell how it will change things. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another expansion besides Battle of Azeroth before classic comes out. While some things about classic might be cool the staying power of it will only hold so many people. At some point the grind will burn some out, others will slowly realize that the game has no future in a sense that it is stuck in vanilla, then we will end up facing a group of people that play the game far more then others and have a death grip on pvp and other parts of the game far worse then anything you saw in vanilla. I honestly don't see how this isn't a lot of work and time spent for nothing more then a flash in a pan.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    you complain about grind yet praise vanilla? oh sweet summer child..
    Yeah makes me think that they either never played vanilla at all, or if they did they got amnesia and forgot the last 13 years..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Classic is a long ways off, so it is way too early to tell how it will change things. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another expansion besides Battle of Azeroth before classic comes out. While some things about classic might be cool the staying power of it will only hold so many people. At some point the grind will burn some out, others will slowly realize that the game has no future in a sense that it is stuck in vanilla, then we will end up facing a group of people that play the game far more then others and have a death grip on pvp and other parts of the game far worse then anything you saw in vanilla. I honestly don't see how this isn't a lot of work and time spent for nothing more then a flash in a pan.
    Exactly people can only do the same raid so many times, before they go WTH are we doing and either go back to retail or leave altogether.. All in all only time will tell to all of this.. And yes we have no idea how far away the classic servers are from going online, as there is a hella lot of work to be put into them..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-11-05 at 03:04 PM.