Question Possible Races For An Hypothetical WoW 2

If someday a WoW 2 is real, it would be cool if the player could choose to join the Alliance, the Horde or even none of them. Clearly some races might only choose between Alliance-Neutral or Horde-Neutral while some could choose between the three. I've tried to equally put them in one group or another. Thoughts? Ideas?

PS: This isn't about factions inside the Horde or the Alliance its more of a global thing so when I put the Undead on Neutral it doesn't change anything, the Forsaken are still part of the Horde. Also instead of saying High Elves are not possible change them for an election of your own.

ALLIANCE

· Humans

· Dwarves (Including Dark Iron, Wildhammer, Frost)

· Gnomes

· Night Elves (Including Highborne)

· Draenei (Including Lightforged Draenei)

· Worgen (Human & Night Elf Worgen)

· High Elves (Including Void Elves)

· Furbolgs

· Cenarian (Dryads & Keepers of the Grove)

· ???

HORDE

· Orcs (Including the Mag'har and the Mok'Nathal)

· Trolls (Including the Zandalari and the rest of Troll subspecies)

· Goblins

· Tauren (Including Highmountain and Taunka)

· Blood Elves

· Ogres

· Nightborne

· Tuskarr

· Centaur

· Vrykul

NEUTRAL

· Pandaren

· Undead (Humans, High-Blood Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Goblins etc.)

· Arakkoa

· Mogu

· Tol'vir

OTHER POSSIBLE NEUTRAL RACES

· Etheral

· Naga

· Drogbar (Maybe this one could go to the Alliance since the Highmountian will be part of the Horde)
    Last edited by Ryon21; 2017-11-05 at 12:12 AM.

Only humans because the horde will be defeated for good in the next xpac.
    Working on my next ban.

I don't see the Horde and Alliance surviving for much longer. Maybe an Azeroth where all the races are independent and you as any race are allowed to travel through the lands with varying degrees of acceptance or prejudice.

Ideally a WoW 2/WC4 would be something along the lines a RTS/RPG hybrid or just a straight open world RPG.

Mountain Giants are also an old ally-unit of the Alliance (at least, Kaldorei).
    Giants can come in a lot of variety - Mountain Giant, Hill, Wood, Frost, Molten, Sea, Storm, Iron, Sons of Hodir, Watchers...
    (There aren't too many neutral Molten ones at the moment, though.)
    Might be cool to have the look of a mini-Watcher or mini-Mountain Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    If you are going to make a 'WoW 2' and maintain the same stupid factions with the same races in each faction, why bother?
    Well some changes of course could be made but this is Warcraft as the name says it's war. Since the beginning and until the end the Horde and the Alliance will be fighting each other. Not only because it's been always like this but to strengthened each other. Yeah, maybe they will unite sometimes to defeat a greater enemy but if someday the two factions stop warring then the name of Warcraft will make no sense. Each faction has made a lot of pain to the other and maybe in the end they will settle things but in the meanwhile they are destined to fight as they've always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    Well some changes of course could be made but this is Warcraft as the name says it's war. Since the beginning and until the end the Horde and the Alliance will be fighting each other. Not only because it's been always like this but to strengthened each other. Yeah, maybe they will unite sometimes to defeat a greater enemy but if someday the two factions stop warring then the name of Warcraft will make no sense. Each faction has made a lot of pain to the other and maybe in the end they will settle things but in the meanwhile they are destined to fight as they've always been.
    There can be war outside of the Horde and Alliance though.

I would like a sequel to WoW to be set in the future where the Horde and Alliance are no more with a greater emphasis on the RPG elements. Some races would be allied to others so if you're an orc and you travel into Mulgore you'll be a lot more accepted, but theoretically you would be able to become friendly with any playable faction.

The war aspect itself could be between two races (i.e. Forsaken and Gilneans) or between factions within races. For example, let's say a lord in Elywnn holds a grudge against a lord ruling over Westfall. As a human (or worgen, dwarf or gnome) you would be able to choose which house to ally with.

Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Only humans because the horde will be defeated for good in the next xpac.
    Slow down there Garithos.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Slow down there Garithos.
    we humans have to stick together

*grimmaces at Genn*

not you inhumane filth

The way these forums are, every single current race would have to be in it or it would be a slap on the face of their fans. gg wp

Let's worry about possible future allied races, huh?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    we humans have to stick together

*grimmaces at Genn*

not you inhumane filth
    Only thing inhumane here is thinking someone is filth because they are of a different race than you. There's nothing wrong with Worgen, just your apparent irrational hatred of furries.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Only thing inhumane here is thinking someone is filth because they are of a different race than you. There's nothing wrong with Worgen, just your apparent irrational hatred of furries.
    I think it was just a funny joke there's no harm in that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    If you are going to make a 'WoW 2' and maintain the same stupid factions with the same races in each faction, why bother?
    Agreed. If WoW2 is ever to be created, I hope it'll get rid of A and H.

Actually, considering that every year there is some world ending threat to deal with and if not, the races battle each other without recovering, I think they'll all come extinct in a few years, lol.

I'd rather see classess overhauled in WoW2, kinda GW2 combined with WoW and D3 - 3 classess with 4 specs.

Non-magic class:

*Warrior - depending on weapons, talents and stats could go either melee damage (double 1h or one 2h) + control (think of GW1 hammer with knockdowns) or tank (1h + shield)

*Hunter - bows, crossbows, guns, putting traps [hunter + d3 dh]

*Fighter - martial arts, chi (closer to real life concept - "force" drawn from inner self, not WoW), daggers (daggers could be both melee and ranged) [monk + rogue]

*Tinker - engineering + alchemy (could tank, melee dmg, ranged dmg [battle suits], support)

Druid:

*Beast Master - taming beasts, shapeshifting (tank, dmg, control) [BM + feral/guardian]

*Astrologist - moon, sun, stars, galaxies and void stuff [current balance druid with healing/supporting abilities addedd + shadow priest]

*Elementalist - elemental shaman but expanded (combined elements like frostfire, sound abilities for air magic, jewelcrafting for earth etc), could perform all roles

*Botanist - plants and fungi, could perform all roles (shapeshift into an Ancient for tanking anyone?)

Mage:

*Arcane - current arcane mage + enchanting & inscription (ranged dmg, melee damage - rogue style with invsibility, supporting thanks to enchanting, inscription with arcane would also allow runemaster fantasy)

*Fel - basically all about chaos, fel and demons [warlocks + demon hunters]

*Spirit - spirit, death and blood magic [dk + shaman + aff lock] (roles: dmg but lower dps for exchange of utility, healer/ support)

*Holy - shielding, guarding, smiting and healing with holy magic [priest + paladin]

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Agreed. If WoW2 is ever to be created, I hope it'll get rid of A and H.

Actually, considering that every year there is some world ending threat to deal with and if not, the races battle each other without recovering, I think they'll all come extinct in a few years, lol.

I'd rather see classess overhauled in WoW2, kinda GW2 combined with WoW and D3 - 3 classess with 4 specs.

Non-magic class:

*Warrior - depending on weapons, talents and stats could go either melee damage (double 1h or one 2h) + control (think of GW1 hammer with knockdowns) or tank (1h + shield)

*Hunter - bows, crossbows, guns, putting traps [hunter + d3 dh]

*Fighter - martial arts, chi (closer to real life concept - "force" drawn from inner self, not WoW), daggers (daggers could be both melee and ranged) [monk + rogue]

*Tinker - engineering + alchemy (could tank, melee dmg, ranged dmg [battle suits], support)

Druid:

*Beast Master - taming beasts, shapeshifting (tank, dmg, control) [BM + feral/guardian]

*Astrologist - moon, sun, stars, galaxies and void stuff [current balance druid with healing/supporting abilities addedd + shadow priest]

*Elementalist - elemental shaman but expanded (combined elements like frostfire, sound abilities for air magic, jewelcrafting for earth etc), could perform all roles

*Botanist - plants and fungi, could perform all roles (shapeshift into an Ancient for tanking anyone?)

Mage:

*Arcane - current arcane mage + enchanting & inscription (ranged dmg, melee damage - rogue style with invsibility, supporting thanks to enchanting, inscription with arcane would also allow runemaster fantasy)

*Fel - basically all about chaos, fel and demons [warlocks + demon hunters]

*Spirit - spirit, death and blood magic [dk + shaman + aff lock] (roles: dmg but lower dps for exchange of utility, healer/ support)

*Holy - shielding, guarding, smiting and healing with holy magic [priest + paladin]
    And for races you get to select your race and background. If you roll a human you can be a Stormwindian/Azerothian, a Gilnean, Stromic/Arathi, Dalaranian or Tirasian (would like to see a revamp of Stormwind, Stromgarde and Lordaeron to be more culturally distinct). If you're an orc you could choose between being a 'Durotar (clanless) orc', Frostwolf, Warsong, Dragonmaw or Blackrock. Same for tauren, troll, dwarves, etc.

I would like a WoW2 to take place in the distant future, not a like a thousand years, but maybe 50/100/150 years. The night elves reclaim Northern Kalimdor, most of the human kingdoms are rebuilt, Zandalar joins in confederation with the Echo Isles and the Revantusk tribe, Pandaria fractures into clans based off the worship of the Celestials, etc.

With some added RPG elements like player housing, guild halls and maybe more control and care required for hunter pets and mounts (.i.e. Being able to customize the armor on your horse, battle armor for pets).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    And for races you get to select your race and background. If you roll a human you can be a Stormwindian/Azerothian, a Gilnean, Stromic/Arathi, Dalaranian or Tirasian (would like to see a revamp of Stormwind, Stromgarde and Lordaeron to be more culturally distinct). If you're an orc you could choose between being a 'Durotar (clanless) orc', Frostwolf, Warsong, Dragonmaw or Blackrock. Same for tauren, troll, dwarves, etc.

I would like a WoW2 to take place in the distant future, not a like a thousand years, but maybe 50/100/150 years. The night elves reclaim Northern Kalimdor, most of the human kingdoms are rebuilt, Zandalar joins in confederation with the Echo Isles and the Revantusk tribe, Pandaria fractures into clans based off the worship of the Celestials, etc.

With some added RPG elements like player housing, guild halls and maybe more control and care required for hunter pets and mounts (.i.e. Being able to customize the armor on your horse, battle armor for pets).
    Yup, exactly what I have in mind when I think of WoW2.