Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    MC is literally doing 1 quest, as is BWL and Naxxramas. Only for Onyxia you have a questline.
    hey CLUELESS the Hydraxians say Hi!

Yes, it took me somewhere about 2 weeks on Elysium (as every casual can do in this timeframe). The Warlock one was even cheaper and faster.
    oh look a silly nub comparing fake to the real deal

So you play frost. So what? At least the game feels like an RPG and has some point. That being said, fire is strong in PVP and the goto choice in AQ/Naxx as well as ZG.
    lol.... you dont remember the aq boss that needs frost right? and no respecc in inis

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Yeah, fuck that place. Losing your Drakkisath chest to a valordin and never seeing it drop again? Good times.

Doubtless the novelty factor will be high when the classic servers open up, but I imagine that most players will drop away very quickly as the reality sets in. Now, go collect some whipper roots.
    what the hell is a valordin? You mean a Retadin?
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    Such a coincidence that most of the delusional, self called Vanilla lovers have never actually played the real Vanilla. They played it years later on some modded dumpster of a pirated server and are now feeling entitled to tell fairy tales about content which they never actually experienced in it's original form.
    this story in short, while all the people who DID play vanilla laugh at them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyteriz View Post
    Why is everyone refering as Vanilla as "Classic" ? "Classic" goes from Vanilla-Wrath, i mean they mabye add tbc server only, wrath only for example
    no, classic AINT vanilla-wotlk, classic = vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    this story in short, while all the people who DID play vanilla laugh at them
    How much different are the private servers from real Vanilla, tell me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    You just described Legion and WoD, and left out the fact that Vanilla had 4-5M subs before BC.
    fixed you number mr I dont know what I am talking about. the hight point was wotlk with 12.

I just hope the Nost team gets a hold of Blizzard and actually helps them/make sure Vanilla actually STAYS Vanilla.
    and I hope they bring back the REAL vanilla so people finally lose those tinted glasses....

Servers will be crowded at lauch, and will slowly decrease in population.

6 months after day 1 people will realise they don't want to play Vanilla and will go back to normal servers.

But a small community will be formed and will stick to it, I'm sure.

If classic is patched up to AQ40 good luck being Alliance on Viscidus with no Shamans (poison cleansing totems).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    They should make the classic game 100% as it was back then. If they do few or bigger changes, people wont get the "classic feel" will they?
    they should make cclassic like it was back in the day with server crahses and day long patch days

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many people who claim they want 'vanilla' will still be interested in playing 4 years from now when it ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed you number mr I dont know what I am talking about. the hight point was wotlk with 12.

and I hope they bring back the REAL vanilla so people finally lose those tinted glasses....
    Please but back the correct number. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ibJJaNnI4T...+younkin_b.png

Ooh, I get it. You're salty because you lost :c, it's okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I think I spent about 3 months to get to 60 the first time, lots of time spent on exploring and PvPing though (BGs did not reward EXP back then).
    back then you didnt have bgs while leveling they where added later....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    And attunements

And mount runs

And fighting for loot upgrades in a raid of 40 people when you're a red-headed stepchild class.

PS to all: Have fun with fire mage and destruction warlock
    You know that firemage is viable in Vanilla right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Ever heard of private servers?
    you are even sillier if you belive ANY pirate server comes close to the real deal, roflmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faider View Post
    You know that firemage is viable in Vanilla right?
    Only for AQ and Naxx.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    I can still remember a lot of the fun I had in Vanilla, but I'm under no illusion that it's going to be...well, for lack of a better word, GOOD to go back to it. It was fun back then because it was something NEW, and we really didn't have anything to compare it to. Sure, it wasn't the first MMO, but let's face it, Everquest it ain't.

I only ever did I think 3 raids in the entirety of Vanilla, I was definitely a casual. But I did all the rep grinds, or at least got into but never completed them, I did the grind for FIVE epic mounts at the time, and I managed to get two full sets of Dungeon 1.5 gear, what a pain in the ass that was. I remember how impossible it was to get groups on certain classes/specs, and unfortunately most of those today are my favorite to play lol.

I do remember making a ton of money selling lockpicking on my Rogue though :-) Opening lockboxes in IF, or the more lucrative, opening the door to UBRS. I'd make 100g just to pop that door open.

I remember the 8+ hour long Arathi Valley games. I remember the raids on XR and TM. I wasn't even really a PvP'er but I had fun doing those. I got up to hmm...Sgt Major? Can't remember. I do NOT miss the repeated gankfest that was Stranglethorn Vale. Ugh.

Again, I have a lot of good memories from Vanilla, but they were good because of when I had them. There is absolutely no way to experience that again in the same way. As much as I want to enjoy a Vanilla server, I don't think this is going to pan out for them. Thankfully, I guess, since Vanilla only went to...1.12? When and if they ever release that patch, or if they just release it at start, they really shouldn't have to do any patches or bug fixes to the servers. Just maintain them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So what? I loved every bit of it.
    If you loved it, that's fine. The comment however was in answer to the suggestion that "the only grind in Vanilla was levelling," which is just false. There is just as much grinding in Vanilla as Legion, probably more. Again, if you like it, great, good for you. That doesn't mean it isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but bears repeating: the key reason for the popularity of the classic servers so far has been their cost.

I am interested to see how well they do with a price tag.
    from what i gathered at the reveal it will be an "option" from your regular WoW account, so i would say "Subscription only" (+battlechest key which has all licences up to recent)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I remember the 8+ hour long Arathi Valley games.
    8 hours only? :P what about 20 hours i had matches i left went to bed woke up again and joined the same match
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I'm predicting this will have the biggest bump in popularity followed by the largest drop in activity from server overload and the realization that there's no enjoyment and no point in these kinds of archaic achievements.

Deleted
    Ooh, I get it. You're salty because you lost :c, it's okay.
    I lost? come again in 2-5 years when classic opens so I can laugh at your face