Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unlocking of allied Races.. bound to faction?

Could not find any information about this but do I need an horde character to unlock Nightborne, Zandalari and so on? Or is that determined per race?

I was actually wondering this too, I'm surprised it wasn't asked in the QA.
    I have a Blood elf I've been roleplaying as a High elf that I'd obviously want to transfer to the Alliance with a faction change.
    So do I need to level up an Alliance alt to unlock Void elves?
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2017-11-05 at 01:12 PM.

the feeling i got from the words used is that you have to unlock the allied race on the faction they are on so the horde ones as a horde. unlocking Zandalari won't unlock Dark iron dwarf

They say in some interview that you need to unlock each race. So if you unlock say zandalari and then faction change, then you will still need to unlock alliance's allied races. But if you unlock zandalari then they will be unlocked for account, so you can create them even on new servers.

Sure you need to unlock each race with certain quest/reputation progress specific to that race as far as I understand it.
    The question is if I unlock for example Nightborne with one of my alliance character when I finished the Nightborne storyline in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Could not find any information about this but do I need an horde character to unlock Nightborne, Zandalari and so on? Or is that determined per race?
    Why would we be able to recruit Horde allied races as an Alliance character and vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Why would we be able to recruit Horde allied races as an Alliance character and vice versa?
    He wants to unlock allied races on faction 1 and roll an alt of an allied race for faction 2 without having to get a max level char of a non-allied race for that faction 2.

Sure you need to unlock each race with certain quest/reputation progress specific to that race as far as I understand it.
    The question is if I unlock for example Nightborne with one of my alliance character when I finished the Nightborne storyline in Legion.
    The ability to recruit allied races is within BfA content alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    He wants to unlock allied races on faction 1 and roll an alt of an allied race for faction 2 without having to get a max level char of a non-allied race for that faction 2.
    I know. I was asking why would they allow this. Of course you have to play a Horde toon to get the Horde ones and an Alliance toon for the Alliance ones.

I know. I was asking why would they allow this. Of course you have to play a Horde toon to get the Horde ones and an Alliance toon for the Alliance ones.
    For convenience, so that you don't have to play a throwaway char to unlock the char you really want to play.

Well if the idea behind it that my character recruits these allied races I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

The ability to recruit allied races is within BfA content alone.
    Is it?
    Leaker says that they are in 7.3.5 (makes more sense when you think about it)

There will be an extra questline to unlock them that also explains why they joined that faction, so it will have to be a Horde character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, you'll be fine. They're likely to bundle a boost with BfA, so you can use that as a throwaway for the quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There will be an extra questline to unlock them that also explains why they joined that faction, so it will have to be a Horde character.
    Ugh... I better start leveling a Horde character then... otherwise im locked out of 3 of the 6 new races

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Honestly, you'll be fine. They're likely to bundle a boost with BfA, so you can use that as a throwaway for the quests.
    Well good thing I leveled up a Horde character with the Legion pre event already

Quote Originally Posted by Rafe View Post
    Ugh... I better start leveling a Horde character then... otherwise im locked out of 3 of the 6 new races
    Not sure if they will be account unlocks but if you already have a dk and dh but if they are:

pick a new server and roll a deathknight get it to 70 or what ever you need for demon hunters then roll a demon hunter and it will save you a ton of time.

Allied races are allied to one faction only. Therefor yes, you need to do Horde stuff to unlock their allied races and Alliance stuff to unlock theirs.

From the official website:

“Even more allies await in unexplored lands. As heroes of the Alliance adventure through Kul Tiras, they’ll have a chance to recruit the Dark Iron Dwarves. In Zandalar, champions of the Horde can convince the Zandalari Trolls to join them.“

That seems to imply you can only unlock races for your own faction.

Do you think it'll be based on reputation OR questlines OR something else???

- - - Updated - - -

I have 7 110 Alliance and my highest horde: "Xelium" is level 95... I like Blood Elves and I love Death Knights so I based my MMO-Champion profile on him.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

[QUOTE=Xelium;47902881]Do you think it'll be based on reputation OR questlines OR something else???

They announced that the unlocks will involve a storyline quest of some sort to show how the allied races come to join the horde or the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    They announced that the unlocks will involve a storyline quest of some sort to show how the allied races come to join the horde or the alliance.
    Ahhh, okay. That makes sense. Thanks @Apellosine .
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance