Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    But that's my point, I absolutely wouldn't want achievements or class tuning fixes. If a class wasn't viable in Vanilla, it should stay unviable. That's what made it Vanilla. Classic WoW with achievements and all specs viable isn't Classic WoW.
    Fair. Everyone will have their own idea of what they would like. I'll still play regardless. Anything is better than live

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    That's not what I'm saying - bug fixes where appropriate, some minor class balancing to make more than 5 specs viable and maybe an achievement system. Everything else can stay as is.
    Improve class viability?

I thought you folks wanted the vanilla experiance?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why he stated on stage that the community involvement would be used to decide on certain things like this. You don't need to hope of personal decisions by him. You got classic servers which is a miracle in its own right, please be grateful.

During my 12 years playing I've talked alot about vanilla nostalgia, how things where alot harder back then. How some stuff was pretty cool when you first saw it. But lets be honest, shit is still pretty cool when you see it the first time, just like they were in vanilla. And as I said earlier alot of stuff was harder doesn't mean it was good for the original gameplay. Nowdays I like things being easier because it lets me focus on the other parts of the game. I can enjoy the game alot more than I could in vanilla. Besides best memories I have from vanilla are the from the first guilds I were and meeting new people who were just as new to the game as I was. Experiencing things with new friends and such. You can still do that stuff with friends without needing vanilla. For me vanilla was 20% gameplay and 80% the people I played with, without them I wouldn't have never played so many hours that I could raid naxxramas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else triggered by J. Allen Brack repeatedly getting the capacity of Vanilla UBRS wrong? He said it at Blizzcon and repeated it again in articles like this one.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We've got some infrastructure stuff in place. We've got an old build that's up and running that we're using for reference. Most of this job is going to be infrastructure: making sure everything can work on a more modern setup. Then there'll be the design questions, ones that the community will have strong opinions on: should UBRS be 10-person, or 5-person? Things like that.
    In the super early days of Vanilla, UBRS was originally open to as many players as you wanted (in very early days it was possible to enter with 40 iirc) and the version most Vanilla players were familiar with was the 15-man capped version which most people ran until the big 1.10 rework when they capped Strat/Scholo to 5-man and set UBRS to 10-man.

UBRS wasn't a 5-man capped instance until Cataclysm.

I sure hope Brack does a little more research if he wants to deliver AUTHENTIC vanilla experience :P
    It drove me nuts he kept saying that. I'm like "YOU'RE CONFUSED WITH SCHOLOMANCE, DAMMIT!!!!"
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    It drove me nuts he kept saying that. I'm like "YOU'RE CONFUSED WITH SCHOLOMANCE, DAMMIT!!!!"
    Finally someone who gets it

I was being a bit sarcastic in this OP. It's not like I was genuinely angry and enraged or something but just drove me up the wall when he said it like 2-3 times over the weekend I was like "Gah!! Someone correct him for the love of god!"
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    No I actually want to play it.
    I do believe you. I don't think Blizzard really does, deep down out of camera and microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Improve class viability?

I thought you folks wanted the vanilla experiance?
    Original post is original. Stay salty my man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Original post is original. Stay salty my man
    I'm pro Vanilla and I think tampering with balance takes away from the Vanilla experience and turns it into a "remastered version" this coming from somebody who intends on playing LoLhancement come classic launch.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Blizzcon 2017 for w0w was more of a general announcement.
    Blizzard was obviously not ready with any details or big decisions about anything.
    It can still be a great expansion, but so far blizz is really unprepared - or intentionally playing dumb.

Honestly vanilla should be pure vanilla.
    The name is Classic, and it will not be a classic experience if you start adding BOA mounts and transmog and even class balancing and LFG matchmaking.
    Vanilla was legendary for having some specs be useless or some specs not scale at all - like rogues who got zero scaling from gear and could DPS naked just as well.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2017-11-06 at 12:07 PM.

@ people that comment at me saying: I thought you wanted the vanilla experience?
    1. so because I responded I am also "pro vanilla"? I mean you aren't wrong, but to assume that...
    2. personally I realise that this is a shitfest Blizzard has promised to go "and lay in".... Will they cherry pick? Or will they totally give us the vanilla experience including patches or just 1 patch?

Personally I would not want to have 5 min blessings. This just meant that I only buffed them during dungeons or in a raid on the tank. So I would want them to go for 15 minutes. Still not enough but this atleast was in vanilla.
    I won't complain about not having a Strike ability as paladins then complained. We know vanilla is how vanilla was.

I mean warlocks will probably complain too and Hunters probably too... or even mages

He s just confusing it for the other dungeons. Chill out.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

dude i think you got the question completely wrong, when he was asking about the UBRS cap, he said that the community will have a huge part in designing this and if the majority of the community want 5man ubrs, its gonna be 5man ubrs

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    @ people that comment at me saying: I thought you wanted the vanilla experience?
    1. so because I responded I am also "pro vanilla"? I mean you aren't wrong, but to assume that...
    2. personally I realise that this is a shitfest Blizzard has promised to go "and lay in".... Will they cherry pick? Or will they totally give us the vanilla experience including patches or just 1 patch?

Personally I would not want to have 5 min blessings. This just meant that I only buffed them during dungeons or in a raid on the tank. So I would want them to go for 15 minutes. Still not enough but this atleast was in vanilla.
    I won't complain about not having a Strike ability as paladins then complained. We know vanilla is how vanilla was.

I mean warlocks will probably complain too and Hunters probably too... or even mages
    My point is the same point Blizzard made "you think you want it but you don't".

I played during vanilla. It was the most fun game I ever played. It was without a doubt the best. But the world has changed and there was a lot of bad things about vanilla that we lived with and ignored because we didn't know better. WoW has had so many QoL improvements over its long life, if you want the 'real vanilla experience' you throw all those out. I don't want to go back to that, and I bet the people who want vanilla and read the rose-tinted stories about that time won't like it either.

What people want is that feeling of amazement. Of wonder that you had when you experienced it for the first time. And you can't have that back.
    Innocence, once lost, can never be regained.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    dude i think you got the question completely wrong, when he was asking about the UBRS cap, he said that the community will have a huge part in designing this and if the majority of the community want 5man ubrs, its gonna be 5man ubrs
    Which, y'know, isn't Vanilla. So why would they even consider that an option?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    so basically what youre sayin is, even if you get vanilla wow you still cry about it

okay
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    My point is the same point Blizzard made "you think you want it but you don't".

I played during vanilla. It was the most fun game I ever played. It was without a doubt the best. But the world has changed and there was a lot of bad things about vanilla that we lived with and ignored because we didn't know better. WoW has had so many QoL improvements over its long life, if you want the 'real vanilla experience' you throw all those out. I don't want to go back to that, and I bet the people who want vanilla and read the rose-tinted stories about that time won't like it either.

What people want is that feeling of amazement. Of wonder that you had when you experienced it for the first time. And you can't have that back.
    Innocence, once lost, can never be regained.
    I think there is a lot of truth to what you are saying. But there are also a lot of QOL things that they should never have gotten in.
    Flight (even though I love(d) it)
    Teleportation to a dungeon
    crossrealm stuff (but true merges of servers)
    hunter ammo removed (adds realism)
    instant ability trained
    and so many other things that are gone today but were adding to the immersion back then

I mean sure I would like to have a classic server totally tuned to what I wanted to keep or change. But if that is not "fair", then give us the true one - warts and all. Just fix the lag (lagforge.... mind the gap)

Classic Servers will obviously be Patch 1.12(.2), and (U)BRS was changed to a 10man cap in 1.10

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    However, the discussion about which patch we get in vanilla (eg progressive roll out of patches or only the latest patch before 2.0) needs to happen.
    It's very unlikely they would do multiple versions, unnecessary complexity. Classic Servers will have one static patch, additional ones only for hotfixing and maybe QoL changes.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of many signs that you're not going to get your 1:1 representation of Vanilla guys. It's not Vanilla they're bringing back, it's a classic experience.

There will be changes. They don't make content for a few thousand postgrinders who are obsessed with 1.10.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Which, y'know, isn't Vanilla. So why would they even consider that an option?
    Because they HAVE to create the most widely popular opinion to even have a chance at making this commercially viable.
    If they make this 1.12 (which is MY vote) and after the surge realms fall to 20-25K it will be seen as a total failure no matter how much I personally love it.