Talking Time Jump Between End of Legion and Battle for Azeroth?

As I was watching the intro cinematic during Blizzcon, I was thinking to myself that Anduin looked a little bit older. This got me thinking... will Blizzard implement a year or two (or more) time jump between the expansions? Two reasons why I'm even considering this:

- Anduin is using his father's sword. I don't remember him ever using a sword in any of the content he was present in. Would he need some time to train with it? Doesn't necessary mean anything but again... it is something that I noticed.

- Time jump could explain the motivations behind the burning of Teldrassil. A lot of people have commented on the reasons why things escalated so quickly. Without knowing what happens in the Before the Storm novel, it is hard to speculate.

For the record, this is all speculation based off of an initial gut reaction I had to the cinematic. I'm not arguing one way or the other. Just wanted to have a discussion about it

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin was already older in Legion. He also obtained Varian's sword during 7.2.

I'm guessing you play Horde?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm saying in comparison to Legion.

I saw somebody say on the official forums that there's a 4 year time skip. A time skip makes completely zero sense. For the main purpose of SARGERAS STABBED AZEROTH! What kind of sense would it make if we just left it bleeding in silithus for a year+

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    I saw somebody say on the official forums that there's a 4 year time skip. A time skip makes completely zero sense. For the main purpose of SARGERAS STABBED AZEROTH! What kind of sense would it make if we just left it bleeding in silithus for a year+
    Really? Do you have a post for that? I'd be interested in reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatheil View Post
    It wasn't official it was a player saying it, so they probably imagined it like we can see a lot of people doing on both forums since blizzcon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Silithus and the Seething Shore are coming as part of patch 7.3.5.

In 8.0, there will be Azerite seeping out of Azeroth all over the world.

So there is definitely some passage of time between the end of Legion and the start of BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatheil View Post
    It comes from the description of the Sargeras shirt on the blizzgear shop. Althought it seems they've replaced it now, you can still read part of the old one from google ( puu.sh /yggKs/ a5e0419734.png -- cant post links yet sorry, remove the blank spaces ). As far as I remember, it says that Sargeras plunged his sword into Azeroth before being taken down (or taken prisonner i can't recall), thus making the Silithus crater, which is a wound from which Azerite (aka Azeroth's blood) is flooding.

There was a screen of this crater on MMO Champion news a while ago, along with dialogue lines from Khadgar and others explaining a bit more of all of this.