Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Vanilla server with expansion classes?

I am all for a vanilla server experience but I really hope they will decide to somehow include the new classes if they do use the old school talent trees. I would, of course, understand the inclusion of the new classes if going back to old school talent trees will be happening. The Death Knight can just have a tacked on the lore of WC 2 knight variants and since monks have existed in the form of wow NPCs that should not be a problem. Also, there were Kaldorei demon hunters as well so I do not see how lore could not be added to include old-school demon hunter factions for the Demon Hunter class.

Including some of the more popular QOL and visual optimizations like transmog and hide of helm and shoulders is something I hope also makes it to the new classic servers.

Pretty sure its gonna just be vanilla with all its worts. This seems like a dumping ground thing where they dump it and then just let it go and don't even look at unless something breaks.

I doubt it will just be a dumping ground as you said. There is a lot of interest in this kind of server and I expect Blizzard will handle it with as high a priority as the expansion itself. I have never played these Vanilla servers because of the massive corruption and selling of power for real life money that goes on to the extreme. As cheat free as possible is why I still support and will only play official wow servers but I am very interested in revisiting the Vanilla experience like I did Everquest when they had progression servers years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are trolling at this point.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2017-11-07 at 12:30 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Edit: I do not think, at all, that they would introduce new classes to vanilla realms. However, theorycrafting what they might be like if they did is fun, so I had a think about it.

The WOTLK version of the DK, you could tweak and prune back to a classic version with some work, taking into account that it'd need nerfs to things like cooldowns to bring it into line with the longer (15-30 minute) ultra cooldowns of some classes in vanilla.

Monks were enough of a "New World Order" design that I doubt you could salvage the MOP monk mechanics and make them fit in vanilla; they'd be an entirely new class built on similar ideas, but with far less feature creep.

DH would basically be a more cooldown-heavy melee DPS with far less mobility; it'd also be nelf only leading it to be unbalanced factionwise. I do not think anything of current DH design, at all, would fit into vanilla class design.

Vanilla combat cycles were glacial compared to current wow. Resource build and spend was slower, dead global cooldowns were a thing for many classes, and secondary resource was not a thing for most classes. Rogues and cats had combo points, but things like holy power, arcane charges, chi, etc, didn't exist.

I think a "vanilla" demon hunter would have to play like a warrior-rogue hybrid, most likely using a renamed Rage bar that was not increased by anything other than autoattacks or being hit, and spend that rage either on a "powerful" attack that would not be worth using, or on temporary combat buffs in the vein of Slice and Dice. Numerically, SnD and similar are superior to direct damage finishers, and you'd probably thus see the DH as a boring to play class outside of your half hour or more metamorphosis cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    You guys are trolling at this point.
    Every post in this sub forum is "But can we add this from another expansion"

NOOOO!!!!!

WoW Classic is vanilla, Vanilla WoW is what people wanted. You cannot make classic servers and just dip and mix things from other expansions, it defeats the purpose of vanilla WoW. Now I do not mind if they iron out bugs and glitches, thats cool. But to just go all out bring in stuff from other expansions is down right a kill to anyone who wanted vanilla servers.

What people are asking for is a Frankenstein of WoW mash ups. lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Every post in this sub forum is "But can we add this from another expansion"

NOOOO!!!!!

WoW Classic is vanilla, Vanilla WoW is what people wanted. You cannot make classic servers and just dip and mix things from other expansions, it defeats the purpose of vanilla WoW. Now I do not mind if they iron out bugs and glitches, thats cool. But to just go all out bring in stuff from other expansions is down right a kill to anyone who wanted vanilla servers.

What people are asking for is a Frankenstein of WoW mash ups. lol
    Yeah, doubt most of these people demanding things played Vanilla. I just want an authentic Vanilla experience as Blizzard explained. I don't want Frankenstein servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be considered vanilla with the expansion classes lol. Either all in or not at all, I say. No sense adding shit to it and then expecting it to remain "vanilla".

Deleted
    So you want vanilla, but not really vanilla? As 90% of the people I reckon.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing to note about Vanilla...... since mounts are cross realm now. And Silithus will possibly start out closed.... will it be possible to get the black Qiraj battle tank for opening the gates? And if so would it then be available on your main.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Also, we ought to have Pandaren.

Art by draken4o

Finally it turns out, nobody wants vanilla, but some fantasy wow to their liking that never existed nor will. HOW SURPRISING.

[QUOTE=Tierbook;47927956]One thing to note about Vanilla...... since mounts are cross realm now. And Silithus will possibly start out closed.... will it be possible to get the black Qiraj battle tank for opening the gates? And if so would it then be available on your main.[/QUOTEthe gates will likely be default opened

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Finally it turns out, nobody wants vanilla, but some fantasy wow to their liking that never existed nor will. HOW SURPRISING.
    A handful of idiots posting a wishlist isnt the crowd classic is catered to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    One thing to note about Vanilla...... since mounts are cross realm now. And Silithus will possibly start out closed.... will it be possible to get the black Qiraj battle tank for opening the gates? And if so would it then be available on your main.
    No because in classic you will not learn mounts

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-11-07 at 03:25 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    WE WANT VANILLA! Only it should have QoL changes up until at least 11.0, all classes + a new one, new raids because we totally know what the old ones play like already. We should all get 1000g for the epic mount because it took too long to farm it. Also the lore is stale, please change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Or, this is MMO Champion and the majority of people posting here are mouth-breathers. I'd wager more on the latter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    I am all for a vanilla server experience but I really hope they will decide to somehow include the new classes if they do use the old school talent trees. I would, of course, understand the inclusion of the new classes if going back to old school talent trees will be happening. The Death Knight can just have a tacked on the lore of WC 2 knight variants and since monks have existed in the form of wow NPCs that should not be a problem. Also, there were Kaldorei demon hunters as well so I do not see how lore could not be added to include old-school demon hunter factions for the Demon Hunter class.

Including some of the more popular QOL and visual optimizations like transmog and hide of helm and shoulders is something I hope also makes it to the new classic servers.
    bringing stuff from later expansions, especially classes, defeats the purpose of making a classic server.
    because then it would be more of a timewalking experience than a classic one.

Oh hell no. The only "new" thing I think vanilla needs, aside of perhaps couple QoL changes, is belfs/draenei.

Deleted
    The only thing you should except from newer expansions in Vanilla servers are bug fixes and Battle.net integration. Nothing more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Oh hell no. The only "new" thing I think vanilla needs, aside of perhaps couple QoL changes, is belfs/draenei.
    Lol

/10chars
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

The only thing Im concerned about is when Tier 2 comes out that the Judgement armor won't exist model wise. Despite what "Vanilla vets" say. No one was walking around in this Judgement armor during Vanilla.