Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovaqq View Post

(1) Classic - servers as they were in the final patch before BC
    I know I point this out a lot, but am I taking crazy pills? Am I the only one who remembers that the final patch before TBC lasted only three months out of the two years of Vanilla?

Patch 1.12 had such massive changes to Rogues that they straight up refunded everyone's talent points and gave us a discount on spell training to make up for it?

Is that the Classic you're talking about? Last-minute class changes that most players didn't even level/quest/raid with?
    Last edited by Smashley; 2017-11-07 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    The key ring was added in vanilla, and is thus a valid addition to the vanilla experience. Mount tabs, toy tabs, pet tabs, instance teleport and lfg functions were not.
    The point being that the key ring was part of the evolution of the game and one of many QoL changes that came about. If they decide to do vanilla patch progression, would it really make that big a difference to include the key ring from the beginning or does it HAVE to be unavailable until after Naxx release because reasons? And you didn't answer the question. How does the key ring, or something similar like the mount tab, affect the "community experience"?

Quote Originally Posted by Melfeth View Post
    If their goal was to replicate WoW exactly as it was in 2005, they'd have announced at Blizzcon that it would be playable after Blizzcon was over. Because if they wanted to, they could make that happen in less than a few weeks. Logic dictates that because that isn't the case, that is not the product that they're developing.
    I'd just like to point out how long it took us to get an appear offline feature. Them not giving any specifics does not in fact prove a specific setting true.

Deleted
    Hahaha awesome how the salt anti-classic people are hijacking every classic thread.

I will never understand why people can be so salty about stuff that don't even affect them. If you don't want classic for gods sake don't play it , nobody forces you to do so.

But what exactly would the + part be? Do we need a ++ and a +++ next, for the people who dont want x but want y? I dont think this kind of "everyone gets their own vanilla" thinking will lead to healthy server populations.
    /tinfoil hat It almost seems like people want blizzard to change vanilla. Are we so afraid classic will suck, that we are already setting up our "its just because blizzard changed all those things and RUINED the pure expirience!" defense by asking for them to change all those things ?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I like op's idea, in fact I'd probably be rolling on a vanilla+. Private servers allowed me to do a lot of nice stuff, such as having multiple lvl 60's on different accounts, for easier farming/more proffs, so I'm used to QoL changes. But in the end it will all depend on how far they'll go. I don't see a reason why we can't fix some most problematic issues, like respec costs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Exactly this^, people were harping on like banshees wanting their precious legacy servers.. And now they want to change them to have this and that from retail, pretty much shows that they really didn't want classic servers..

And looking at all the waffle on about classic servers shows what a major mistake it was for Blizzard to ever announce that they were going to do this..

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much, and it shows really what a big ass mistake Blizzard made even mentioning they were going to make classic servers..
    God forbid people have different opinions about something they love. It's like that kind of debates doesn't happen in any other game, everyone's opinions are one and the same

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Are we so afraid classic will suck, that we are already setting up our "its just because blizzard changed all those things and RUINED the pure expirience!" defense by asking for them to change all those things ?
    Which patch are you talking about? Classic sucked in certain patches. It sucked in 1.12 when Rogues were completely revamped, but it also sucked in every other patch because Diminishing Returns were not implemented until three months before TBC.

Which version of Classic do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    The point being that the key ring was part of the evolution of the game and one of many QoL changes that came about. If they decide to do vanilla patch progression, would it really make that big a difference to include the key ring from the beginning or does it HAVE to be unavailable until after Naxx release because reasons? And you didn't answer the question. How does the key ring, or something similar like the mount tab, affect the "community experience"?
    My point is not that mount tab, AND ONLY mount tab will negatively affect the experience. My point is that classic wow is more than the sum of it's part. Everything in wow, from having to eat and drink at level 5 to having to equip frost resistance gear at Sapphiron is important. Very few single parts of what made classic wow great is itself significant to the overall experience.

Why do druids have to complete lengthy quests to get cat form? I have a great idea, why not just let them be cats at lvl 1. It's gonna make the game much better.

Why does new player have to learn to play the game, starting from level 1? Why not just make the game extremely easy, so that new players never fall bellow 90% hit points.

Why do we force new players to manage their bags? Why not just add tabard, mount, toy and pet tabs so they can use these items without having to actually have them take up space.

But no, i don't expect the developers to make a list of literally hundreds, if not thousands of changes that has to be implemented in a certain time frame. I'm fine with key rings being available from the start, i'm fine with pet abilities added after patch 1.0 being available from the start. I don't care of some of the leveling quests added after launch are present.

I care if they start to add features which were released after patch 1.12. Once you go there, you can always go one patch further. Add guild bank, add summoning stones, allow players to queue BG anywhere in the world, add the LFG system, remove hunter ammo, give cat form at lvl 1, give dual wield at lvl 1, remove spell skill system and while you're add it. Add a flex difficulty, because 40 man raiding takes too much coordination and it excludes people that cannot adhere to a schedule.

Classic+, more like classic-

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    God forbid people have different opinions about something they love. It's like that kind of debates doesn't happen in any other game, everyone's opinions are one and the same
    See I am all for legacy servers, but the thing is if they want to have what it felt like back during vanilla you can't have all the QoL we have now otherwise you just end up with something that pretends to be like what vanilla/classic WoW was..

Because when you look at it, they have not even released these servers and people are already wanting this and that from retail.. And well you may as well play retail if they can't handle vanilla/classic..

Hell no, pure classic or nothing

They should buy back the original server blades, install 1.0 and tell you to go fuck yourselves. This is such a waste of time and money

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    What's the other option? Sit stagnant at the exact same patch for years? Sounds terrible.
    See this is the problem, that's the point. Even if they start at 1.0, which they probably won't, within a year they will hit 1.12 and then what?
    There's that silly persecution complex again. If you really believe that, why are you still playing? And if you're not, why are you hanging around to bother the people who are?
    Kirroth

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Splitting the already small community wanting to go back to Vanilla would be an awful choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm entertained by how many people are saying 'we' as if to speak for the vocal minority that wanted Classic, but can't agree on what 'Classic' is.

No QoL changes. You get version 1.0. With only MC and Onyxia. That is the true classic experience.

Good luck and God speed.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    I'm entertained by how many people are saying 'we' as if to speak for the vocal minority that wanted Classic, but can't agree on what 'Classic' is.

No QoL changes. You get version 1.0. With only MC and Onyxia. That is the true classic experience.

Good luck and God speed.
    Jesus, does anyone actually want 1.0? I mean, Classic was already very punishing on what role/spec you had to play on most classes. 1.0 would take that up to eleven.

Also, I can imagine just how ecstatic Blizzard would be on fixing all those bugs. Again.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-11-07 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernovaqq View Post
    I keep seeing everybody argue about how exactly the new Classic servers *should* be. Feels like one of those situations where there's no one true right answer. Why not have both?

(1) Classic - servers as they were in the final patch before BC

(2) Classic Plus - servers with some of the niceties of today, AoE looting, cross-realm achievements, updated character models, etc.
    NO thank you! Give us vanilla how it was.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There is a right answer: Make them as they were before BC. Exactly so. And watch people leave in droves because they failed to remember how shitty it was.
    Yeah like all those dozens of thousands playing on THAT vanilla private server.

Please.

That server's had what, 100,000 active accounts? Probably more. For over a year. And it's some shitty, corrupted private server. When Blizz launches they'll have millions.

You forget out of the 12 million that played WoW at its peak most had never played Vanilla or were too young to understand WoW and raid. They aren't anymore. It's going to be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    I knew this would happen, I've seen so many people crying about Classic, They say they'll do it, then everyone starts remembering what they'll actually have to do, And they start to panic xD
    Except the people who want these changes aren't the ones who said they wanted Classic. Just like you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Jesus, does anyone actually want 1.0? I mean, Classic was already very punishing on what role/spec you had to play on most classes. 1.0 would take that up to eleven.
    That is the most Classicest of Classic experiences. Anything more is a bastardized version of classic.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post

Good luck and God speed.
    Are you one of those who want Classic Servers to fail?

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Blizzard recreated Vanilla patch cycle ( of coarse without bugs and exploits). 1.12 adds a lot of tier-1 quality blue gear from dungeons which makes raiding a lot easier. Which is not very good for "authentic" vanilla experience. But it will probably be too much of a task.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-11-07 at 01:33 PM.