Old idea revamp?

I personally really like the idea of raising your pet. I know it is not a new idea but Blizzard have done something similar (Falcosaur mounts) in the past. But they never really transfer that into pet oriented classes. And why not?

I really don't mind doing a series of quests to find a baby 'battle' pet sitting next to its slain mom, battle and win its trust and raising it into an uniquely majestic hunter pet through series of..idk...more quests. It'll be nice if we can have a pet that hunters can 'upgrade' throughout the expansion like we did with the legendaries.

Same concept can be applied to other classes such as warlock pets, priest and pally avatars or maybe even shaman wolves.

Well pets automatically become your level when you tame them so tame a pet at level 101 and then level yourself to 110 and you did just that. Otherwise, no thanks.

Play classic and your pet will have talent trees. Some rare pets had special abilities. You can tame Lupos in duskwood, he does shadow damage

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedwings View Post
    I personally really like the idea of raising your pet. I know it is not a new idea but Blizzard have done something similar (Falcosaur mounts) in the past. But they never really transfer that into pet oriented classes. And why not?

I really don't mind doing a series of quests to find a baby 'battle' pet sitting next to its slain mom, battle and win its trust and raising it into an uniquely majestic hunter pet through series of..idk...more quests. It'll be nice if we can have a pet that hunters can 'upgrade' throughout the expansion like we did with the legendaries.

Same concept can be applied to other classes such as warlock pets, priest and pally avatars or maybe even shaman wolves.
    Problem is that this gives "too much" unique content to hunters. Other classes will QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    Play classic and your pet will have talent trees. Some rare pets had special abilities. You can tame Lupos in duskwood, he does shadow damage
    Except pets did not have talent trees until Wrath.

Pets in Vanilla had to level. It sucked.

Sounds like stuff people will complain that they're forced to do unless it's just cosmetic.
    "No other class has to do all this crap to be optimal, literally unplayable, worst expansion ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Yes, they did lol. You just had to go to the pet trainer in your major city who gave you access to the pet talent trees window.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Yes, they did lol. You just had to go to the pet trainer in your major city who gave you access to the pet talent trees window.
    You should think before you post shit.

Hunter pets did not have a talent tree until Wrath, pre-Wrath you had training points which allowed you to learn skills/passives in any order assuming you had enough points. And on top of that you had to tame random beasts that knew certain skills(such as Dash(rank 3)) and make the pet use it several times before your main pet could even learn it through training points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um... no. They did not. Pets had training points which could be reset, but not talents. They eventually did get talent trees, but those were replaced with the 3 generic specializations we have now.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-11-12 at 01:41 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Um... no. They did not. Pets had training points which could be reset, but not talents. They eventually did get talent trees, but those were replaced with the 3 generic specializations we have now.
    Exactly! And those training points were not really exciting, especially resistances. The thing I liked was that I needed to "learn" abilities ranks taming pets in the wilds, or even dungeons (LBRS) and raids (ZG).

But they did have special abilities that were unique to a specific type of a pet, or even an exact creature. Like for example a rare lion (Broken Tooth) in badlands that had a base attack speed of 1 per second. I miss that. It did screw with pet balance, but it gave hunters a very strong incentive to go and hunt for these pets

There also was a wolf with shadow damage - Lupos.

You should think before you post shit.

Hunter pets did not have a talent tree until Wrath, pre-Wrath you had training points which allowed you to learn skills/passives in any order assuming you had enough points. And on top of that you had to tame random beasts that knew certain skills(such as Dash(rank 3)) and make the pet use it several times before your main pet could even learn it through training points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Well ye, and that's basically the "talents" I meant. They were expensive so you had to choose what order you learn them in (ofc, by the end you get all of em, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    But they did have special abilities that were unique to a specific type of a pet, or even an exact creature. Like for example a rare lion (Broken Tooth) in badlands that had a base attack speed of 1 per second. I miss that. It did screw with pet balance, but it gave hunters a very strong incentive to go and hunt for these pets
    Still far from talent trees, and certain members of a base-family(like cats) having different attack speed values(thus better DPS) was stupid, and will be even more stupid when Classic launches because EVERY hunter will camp those pets. It won't be like back in 2004 when everyone was clueless, people have grown a min-maxed mentality over the years(not just in WoW, but other games too).

Well ye, and that's basically the "talents" I meant. They were expensive so you had to choose what order you learn them in (ofc, by the end you get all of em, but still).
    They are a far cry from talent "trees". It's basically the same as you going to your class trainer with a set amount of gold and can only learn abilities with 10g total.

Still far from talent trees, and certain members of a base-family(like cats) having different attack speed values(thus better DPS) was stupid, and will be even more stupid when Classic launches because EVERY hunter will camp those pets. It won't be like back in 2004 when everyone was clueless, people have grown a min-maxed mentality over the years(not just in WoW, but other games too).

They are a far cry from talent "trees". It's basically the same as you going to your class trainer with a set amount of gold and can only learn abilities with 10g total.
    They were far more expensive than that, though.