Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    right, the natural born demographics of a planet must suffer decline and territory loss at the hands of an invasive element.
    because thats what good cucks do....cry peace and bend over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorund View Post
    Have all those asking why would we ever wage war against each other forgot about the old gods, and Il'gynoth's whispers?

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    Could be referencing Jaina, Sylvanas, or the Azeroth world soul itself.
    Should it be about one of the former two, I can easily see how Sylvanas could be afraid that the Alliance wants to wipe the Horde out and try to prevent that from happening. Or how Jaina could do something incredibly bad, like setting Teldrassil on fire and blame Sylvanas for it, in order to get the war started.
    At the same time, "The boy king sits at the master's table." Three lies will he offer us. Wether the Master is Wrathion or N'zoth, it's clear that, willing or not, Anduin is following some dark path. Maybe, seeing how the Light is not all good, and given Anduin's strong connection to it, this dark path can be connected to the Light itself. It could be another interesting plotline/twist.

But what if Il'gynoth refers to this?

The Heart of Azeroth is given to us by Magni, but "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn."!!!!
    Now this makes for something interesting. Maybe we take an active part in starting the war and then unleashing the old gods. Maybe we are the ones corrupted in the first place: quoting Il'gynoth again, he also whispers "Oblivion offers solace. Take the gift! Take it!". Of course it looks like Oblivion is the gift, but what if it's not?

It would make sense: Magni, an Old God's pawn, gives us a gift, the Heart of Azeroth, a corrupted artifact that we accept and empower, while getting corrupted by it. In the mean time, war starts because of reasons and we blindly take part in it. At the end of the expansion, we drown ourselves in the circle of stars and unleash N'zoth, while somehow being freed of the corruption so that we can fight the Old Gods in 9.0.
    Thoughts?
    This is likely to be and It is fucking dope
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that bothers me is the lack of Khadgar and Turalyon mention. Aren't they able to cock block both Anduin and Sylvanas to prevent the war. Khadgar didn't look like the guy who can't stop bitch queen and the kid. He is an absolutely pragmatic man and easily didn't buy Jaina bullshit in the beginning of the Legion. Why should he buy Anduin and Sylvanas' bullshit?

Just teleport before Sylvanas and pew pew some awesome arcane magic to carry her and her guards. Then lock the blonde kid in the tower, let Turalyon to teach him some lessons and tell Genn to cut his bullshit. Thats it. The war is prevented. Totally in Khadgar's style.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2017-11-04 at 04:11 PM.

From what little I've seen I can't help but think of this as a filler expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Lol, did you get your feelings hurt, nice of you to stand up for the boy king.

- - - Updated - - -

Even after that he is still the peace driven person he was in MoP. Outside of some crazy brainwashing by Genn his jump to chasing down the Horde doesn't make any sense. Then you mix in him not being anything close to a warrior and no instantly a major player in this battle. It is poor writing to fit this forced faction v faction nonsense.
    I'm for both factions, because I enjoy both sides of the story. I'm just defending storytelling that is utterly ignored by most idiots that claim there is no proper story behind events and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post

I didn't know that killing old gods is considered 'peacecraft'
    Last time I checked it was still world of warcraft and not world of lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    why? Explain that.
    Because as much as people like to say it's "cliche" to have the Horde and the Alliance at war, it's even more cliche to have "Enemies fighting together against a greater threat".

Greater threats suck, as enemies. They are not relatable. There is no moral ambiguity.

It's to the point where Blizzard is now trying to make Sargeras not straight up evil with this whole "The fel is to save us from the void", because they realized having generic big bad as enemy is NOT what people started loving their RTSs for.

Remember that Warcraft 3 did NOT end with "An alliance and an end of Faction Warfare". That was Reign of Chaos, and it was a temporary thing.

Frozen Throne was factions warring against one another through and through, without a big bad. Hell, if anything, YOU were the big bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Voye View Post
    From what little I've seen I can't help but think of this as a filler expansion
    How do you figure? It's going to be an all out war involving so many different lore figures, taking us places many people have wanted to go to since Vanilla days.

Deleted
    In a more realistic setting, nobody would oppose Garrosh, definitely not for silly reasons like the ones offered to us in MoP. There is nothing wrong about war and even physical extermination of your enemies if it serves your people. These are not even different races but species. Killing time is on.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    right, the natural born demographics of a planet must suffer decline and territory loss at the hands of an invasive element.
    because thats what good cucks do....cry peace and bend over
    yeah lets take an already nearly unbearable topic and make it even more face palm worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You didn't pay much attention in Leigon if you say that the horde/alliance were working together
    Like every person complaining about the premise of BfA seem to be under this assumption that the Horde and Alliance were allies in Legion. We weren't. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    let me tell you that narrative. Couple of characters die, we discover its a war fought for a pointless reason, nobody learns anything, and it concludes with an outside force being the pull, despite blizzard claiming it won't be. As has been said, there will never be a war in world of warcraft that concludes with one faction beating another, because gameplay makes it an impossibility. And whats relatable about that? We already know its not gonna lead to something.
    Huh? What did I just read. War can have meaningful consequences without one side completely and utterly erasing the other from existence...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    yeah lets take an already nearly unbearable topic and make it even more face palm worthy.
    im not particularly worried about what you do with your palms....or face for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    im not particularly worried about what you do with your palms....or face for that matter
    oh, owe, don't say that.

I'm on board for this expansion. I agree it doesn't have that big sexy hook like The Lich King or Demons Invading.. but more of that Mists feel? This is a bit of the de-escalation as far as "World Ending Threats" go. I also think they planted the seeds pretty well.. starting back in Mists and now with the death of Varian... I can see something setting off the Horde/Alliance into all out War.

I do agree with some of the other comments that we will get a slow build to some Old God type action. So I'm excited!

Deleted
    Actually the new expansion, from a lore standpoint, is not that bad.

Azeroth has been struck, the evil within has been unleashed "On the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming" The Old God influence is spreading.

To succeed, an Old God will pretty much have to weaken both Alliance and horde. How? Drag them into a war ofc!

I will not be surprised to see this war being not a fruit of hatred between the factions, but an old god machination.

The expansion is a lot better than "The Evil has been defeated, Here comes the new evil!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The xpac isn't even in Alpha yet, and people are acting like everything is set in stone. We've only seen a tiny little bit of what's coming in BFA, so calm the hell down.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    The xpac isn't even in Alpha yet, and people are acting like everything is set in stone. We've only seen a tiny little bit of what's coming in BFA, so calm the hell down.
    The story is pretty much set in stone, the book is almost written (preview is already out).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    How do you figure? It's going to be an all out war involving so many different lore figures, taking us places many people have wanted to go to since Vanilla days.
    Because last time we got "faction conflict expansion" we ended up with orgy of status quo and story not progressing in any meaningful way or direction. Aka filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The story is pretty much set in stone, the book is almost written (preview is already out).
    We been told what's happening at the start. We have no idea what the "end game" is. Who final boss is. The book is a prelude, and isn't going to spoil the whole xpac.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK