Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Your ignorance on the topic is astounding..CONGRATS!
    Oh is it? Please enlighten me on how it is having to care for familymember with downsyndrome.
    My references are social workers and in law family members. But those sources must be terribly biased.

Whats yours?

Deleted
    Having a brother with it. So yeah, your social worker friends can stick it up their ass.
    Yeah that doesnt qualify for being biased at all.
    Lets talk again in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    "My baby was just diagnosed with Downs" (IE a condition that includes cognitive impairment or delay, weak muscles in children, heart defects in about half of all children, waaaay earlier decline in cognitive abilities, increased risk of Alzheimer's and a ton of other minor health issues). And that's excluding the uphill battle of taking care of a child with developmental issues and/or being a child that's always going to be different and will almost undoubtedly have to struggle more than his or her peers in just about everything, not only in childhood.

If "Oh, sorry to hear that" isn't just about the only reasonable response here, I don't know what the fuck is.

Should you take a peek into the cot and go: "uuuuh, I'm sorry.. ouch" ? No. But if the topic is brought up, I really don't see why not.
    I think we're supposed to say "Good for you"

Deleted
    Yeah you're right...i would have no functional knowledge on the topic.

The stupidity being shown in this thread is alarming.
    Your a dirty liar and a hypocrite. Either your brother is 5-10 years old and you havent got a clue whats to come or your full of shit.
    Take your pick.

The 'S' word as in "Shouldn't you have aborted it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Congratulations on having zero clue about how well people with Down's syndrome can manage in life.
    It's still a disability, and doesn't actually put you ahead of the curve. There will be certain career paths and life choices that the kid will probably not be able to undergo. I'd never say sorry, but congratulations would sound rather cynic. But you are 100% right, of course.

Deleted
    And you would be wrong on both accounts.

You are quite the people person.
    Dont mistake realism for lack of empathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Treat them as you please, but don't accept them as a reality. It's a mishap, and you should feel sorry for parents that end up with children that suffer physically or mentality.
    Most people probably don't want your pity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldemorter View Post
    parents who know their kids won't be normal and decide to give birth anyway should be held responsible not praised
    Excuse me but what the fuck are you on about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    "im sorry your gonna have to take care of a grown child the rest of your lifes. Feed them, clean them, bath them, even when grown. Untill they die at age 40". "They will be outcasts their entire lifes. They will likely cause so much stress on your life it will destroy your marriage and social life. Your life will be like working in a nursing home 24/7"

"CONGRATULATIONS".
    That's not untrue. Hate him all you want, but that's 100% accurate. Rather than fighting human nature to bring life into the world and abort, you brought this into the world. You were too busy bringing this into the world, you didn't ask if you should.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want a kid with Downs. Get the vacuum cleaner and better luck next time.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like when you make the decision to have a baby, you should also commit to loving that child exactly the way they are, and that's what those parents in the OP are doing by saying that you shouldn't feel sorry for them. Sounds like some people in here just shouldn't be parents.

Well what to expect?

We have parents that would rather their kids be dead or physically disabled from disease, than risk them getting "teh Autisms"... Of course people are going to react "the wrong way" and be offensive towards parents of children born as anything but "normals".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    "im sorry your gonna have to take care of a grown child the rest of your lifes. Feed them, clean them, bath them, even when grown. Untill they die at age 40". "They will be outcasts their entire lifes. They will likely cause so much stress on your life it will destroy your marriage and social life. Your life will be like working in a nursing home 24/7"

"CONGRATULATIONS".
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    That's not untrue. Hate him all you want, but that's 100% accurate. Rather than fighting human nature to bring life into the world and abort, you brought this into the world. You were too busy bringing this into the world, you didn't ask if you should.
    I hate to say it but yeah, it's not untrue. Full time, 24/7. No breaks - for forty years until they die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    What an absolutely delightful chap you are.
    Like him or hate him - is he wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Well this thread sure did bring out the stupid and insensitive children didn't it. Some of you should keep your stupid opinions to yourselves.
    yeah but they won't. When something doesn't effect these narcissistic little a-holes here, they think its funny to insult people different to them, or weaker then them. These are the kind of little bastards that shoot up a church because the pull of the media immortalizing them leads them to do so.
    Also you don't even need pseudo-psychology to see this shit on the internet, thats why 4chan and the dark web grows.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You can make a decision (abort) to try again for a child that doesn’t have Down Syndrome. It’s not a forced decision for women anymore. We don’t have to commit to a life filled with burden and financial troubles.
    I'm not saying anyone doesn't have that option - I'm 100% pro-choice. That doesn't mean I think it's a good reason to abort a child, possibly one that the parents have been looking forward to. To think that your child is going to be a burden in any capacity, whether or not they may have Down's Syndrome, is a sign that you are not fit to be a parent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Well this thread sure did bring out the stupid and insensitive children didn't it. Some of you should keep your stupid opinions to yourselves.
    No kidding, yeesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I have two kids. If I happened to get pregnant again and found out it had Down Syndrome, I’d abort it. I just don’t want the burden that comes with raising a kid that has Down Syndrome. You can judge that all you want, but unless you know me as a parent and see how I’m raising/caring for my kids, then you can’t say that I’m unfit to be one.
    It wasn't my intent to judge you personally, and I apologize. Based on the people I've known who had children with Down's Syndrome, they didn't see it that way. It came of as uncaring and lacking in compassion, and that bothered me.

I admit, I speak as someone who plans not to have children, partially due to the fact that I feel I would personally be unfit. I don't know that I could provide them with the care and attention they need. I'm hopeful that my sister will have children eventually, because I hope to be an awesome uncle to them, and regardless of how they turn out, I will love and care for them unconditionally. I spoke only based on my own personal feelings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Why would that make less deformed kids?
    Genetic variation.
    This is why you don't have kids with close cousins. It is socially unacceptable, but also the reason is that the chance of your kids becoming very deformed (Middle East is a fine example where they usually marry close cousins). The more different your partner is genetically, the lower chance of the kid having some kind of a defect.

You don't say sorry. Not for any of the reason's listed in the video though. You don't say it because it only works to confirm the parent's belief that they were born with an off child. It's not really comforting, so no good comes of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are butthurt over "sorry" now? What the fuck? Well if i ever happen to meet someone like this i'm definitely not saying a word to that person, because it's not even worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.