Poll: Do you still wanna play after seeing this list?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So to make sure people actually wanna play Vanilla, let's give you all a list on what you will lose when you play a vanilla server.

- No Transmog
    - No Achievements
    - No unique mounts
    - No DK/Monk/DH (Shaman and paladin faction restricted)
    - No Blood elf/Draenei/Panda/Worgen/Goblin
    - No LFD/LFR
    - No Flying
    - No Quest marking on the map. (Yes find ur shit by looking at sites)
    - No multi pulling (you die if you pull 2 mobs)
    - No easy gear
    - No easy leveling
    - No Brawl
    - No Scenarios
    - No new race models
    - No small details (opening map, ur face looking at the target persons etc)

And alot more. Are you willing to let go off all of this and actually play vanilla as you thought you would?
    Just wondering on how many forgot on how much you will actually lose, when you go for vanilla.
    -That's fine
    -Also fine
    -I'm cool with that
    -Not a problem at all/Doesn't matter/Perfectly fine with this as well (I loved the restriction during)
    -This is perfectly acceptable/Good/Awesome/No complaints/Yes please
    -That's why most want vanilla anyway
    -Doesn't bother me one bit
    -I prefer to read my quests and figure it out with my brain anyway
    -That's not exactly true, you can pull more than one mob and be fine, Mages AoE level quite effectively like this
    -I want to work for my rewards, not have them handed to me anyway
    -Good, I want a challenge
    -Yay
    -I'm not upset with that
    -Eh, I play for the fun. It looked nice before
    -Those didn't need to be there to have the experience anyway

I really and truly am willing to lose all of this. I know what I am getting into, I've lived it before and I will gladly live it again. Understand, that those who want this generally already know what they are getting into. Like someone who goes camping, they know they will be out with no A/C, no toilets, no outlets to plug their phones in, no modern luxeries. They WANT that experience and this is an experience many people want. We know what we have signed up for, and we are happily doing so.

So to make sure people actually wanna play Vanilla, let's give you all a list on what you will lose when you play a vanilla server.

- No Transmog
    - No Achievements
    - No unique mounts
    - No DK/Monk/DH (Shaman and paladin faction restricted)
    - No Blood elf/Draenei/Panda/Worgen/Goblin
    - No LFD/LFR
    - No Flying
    - No Quest marking on the map. (Yes find ur shit by looking at sites)
    - No easy gear
    - No easy leveling
    - No Brawl
    - No Scenarios
    - No new race models
    - No small details (opening map, ur face looking at the target persons etc)

And alot more. Are you willing to let go off all of this and actually play vanilla as you thought you would?
    Just wondering on how many forgot on how much you will actually lose, when you go for vanilla.
    Willing to deal with all of that, because if I want that action, I'll play the current version. People can, and will, do both.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of odd to see people acting as if vanilla WoW was ever some bastion of brutal, unforgiving MMO gameplay. Time and dev appeasement sure do change things.

Actually let me correct you here on some things.

- No unique mounts
    This is false.
    The paladins and warlocks had EXTREMELY unique mounts both in looks and how you aquired them.

Also partially false.
    This all depends on the class, spec and build you play.
    I played a frost mage back in the day and I used to pull large numbers of mobs (up to around 10) especially in WPL by the graveyard around Uther's tomb and kill them using Frost Nova, Cone of Cold and Blizzard while using Blink for mobility and I think there were other classes and builds who could also do AoE pulls but this is the one I used and it worked fine as long as the units were melee.

- No unique mounts

This is false.

"And another one!"

Stop making Custom Vanilla wish-list threads please.

Whoever wanted classic wow wanted just that, CLASSIC WOW. Not a tweaked version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    - Taking hours to level up weapon skills (which means hitting low level ennemies for hours)
    Like leveling Unarmed skill to 400 on a Mage in Westfall just because you can! Which is probably one of the things I will repeat on the legacy servers should weapon skills become a thing again
    I honestly miss the weapon skills to a point, I don't miss the fact that you were absolutely garbage with your weapon if it was of a weapon type you hadn't leveled but I do miss just reaching those milestones xD

Quote Originally Posted by phealin View Post
    Like leveling Unarmed skill to 400 on a Mage in Westfall just because you can! Which is probably one of the things I will repeat on the legacy servers should weapon skills become a thing again
    I honestly miss the weapon skills to a point, I don't miss the fact that you were absolutely garbage with your weapon if it was of a weapon type you hadn't leveled but I do miss just reaching those milestones xD
    There was that invincible mob out in... what was it? Blasted Lands? Level weapon skills with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    There was that invincible mob out in... what was it? Blasted Lands? Level weapon skills with ease.
    You mean the one that people kited to Goldshire and/or Stormwind and had him wipe the place out? xD
    I don't think a mage would stand a chance against him since one hit and you drop dead unless you're a frost mage with Ice Barrier then you can take two whole hits \o/

To be fair a lot of this is just you being a noob. If you think you can't pull more than one mob in Classic you are just inexperienced.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

No I'm not, I also don't see it being a long term success either.

The problem is there's two different sides who both want different things, you've got the purists who want it exactly how it was once upon a time and guys who never played it but want all the QoL they have today, check the WoW forums, it's already begun people wanting things vanilla didn't have and the purists opposing it.

They cannot make both sides happy and I doubt they'll have the numbers long term wise to call it a major success.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    There's this addon called questhelper, maybe you forgot about that?
    Just so we are clear on this, there is no questhelper for Classic. Because of such, modern day classic players made an addon called Questie developed for the Nostalrius server. Its 10x better than Questhelper but of course "ruins" the classic experience. Ironically, I didn't know anyone who DIDNT use it for that reason lol.

Kind of puts things in perspective. Some of the key flavors of Classic are the things people seek to avoid.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Just so we are clear on this, there is no questhelper for Classic. Because of such, modern day classic players made an addon called Questie developed for the Nostalrius server. Its 10x better than Questhelper but of course "ruins" the classic experience. Ironically, I didn't know anyone who DIDNT use it for that reason lol.

Kind of puts things in perspective. Some of the key flavors of Classic are the things people seek to avoid.
    I know no one who thought that quests not showing on the map/minimap was a "key flavor" of classic WoW.

Regardless, the UI addon system has always supported it, and therefore it IS vanilla. It was just a matter of no one figuring out how to do it until around the time when the TBC prepatch dropped.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-08 at 05:42 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I made 3 60s on Nostalrius, I want vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    You're not going to accomplish much at all as a casual in vanilla wow. Guarantee you won't stick with it.
    Casual doesn't mean I cant get anywhere. It just means I don't spend 8 hours a day playing inefficiently like most baddies.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-11-08 at 10:21 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    While many details are still not settled, and Blizzard seems in no hurry to be completely open about it, it really is just speculation at this point how the final product will be like.

But I still would play the old 1.0 experience, as clunky and janky it may be .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    You're not going to accomplish much at all as a casual in vanilla wow.
    It is an entirely different game. Accomplishments in vanilla weren't just having the latest piece of gear or having finished all the content. Finishing a single 5-man dungeon in vanilla left like a greater accomplishment to me than doing all the LFR raid content in MoP to me.

But it's not for everyone.

I definitely want to try it. Wether or not I can deal with it after being used to modern WoW, I don't know.

I would have voted "Idk, I'll try it out" if that was an option.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    I personally will rally my IRL friends who I began the adventure back then and have a lan weekend to level up side by side! I can´t wait to relive this.