Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry If you Hate it get the F*** out.

I know many of you are still in shock due to the Classical server announcement, something you thought impossible, but the pain, hate, disgust, sadness, worry and resentment that you have for classic servers will eventually go away. But it will take a lot longer if you keep coming to the classic forums.

That's why I do not understand why you keep posting on this sub forum if you have no interest whatsoever on the classic version of the game, other than see it fail, crash and burn. The mods already separated the 2 different communities, so why come to this sub forum and incite toxicity, saying you hate the game, hoping it fails, stating you won't even touch it, and giving no actual feedback, no useful input and creating no interesting non toxic discussions.

This sub forum was create to discuss Classic servers, not argue about them. Do us all a favour and leave this sub forum, or participate in a more constructive way.

Don't be like them, mate.

Talks about constructive posts and then creates THIS thread. Good for an eye roll and a chuckle if nothing else.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    This sub forum was create to discuss Classic servers, not argue about them. Do us all a favour and leave this sub forum, or participate in a more constructive way.
    Well, before that, you had pro-Legacy people crap-posting 50000 pages long thread all over the forums, so time for a little inversion, I suppose. XD
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Talks about constructive posts and then creates THIS thread. Good for an eye roll and a chuckle if nothing else.
    was I not constructive, what would you say is wrong about my post, is it because the F*** on the title?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Well, before that, you had pro-Legacy people crap-posting 50000 pages long thread all over the forums, so time for a little inversion, I suppose. XD
    A single tread, also they could avoid that by creating the classic sub forums at the time, but they didn't want to give legacy any more promotion.

10+ Year Old Account
    A single tread, also they could avoid that by creating the classic sub forums at the time, but they didn't want to give legacy any more promotion.
    Well, it's because of legal issues, I suppose. And there was more than 1 thread created, the other were simply locked.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

was I not constructive, what would you say is wrong about my post, is it because the F*** on the title?

- - - Updated - - -

telling people to fuck off or even just "go away" because they disagree with what you want is not constructive in any way shape or form.
    Also, they didn't create classic sub forum because at the time it would of been promoting illegal pirate servers, which the site frowns against.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Actually I think this sub-forum was created to stuff Legacy threads into, so the main threads didn't get clogged.

You can create a Classic thread in general, but it will eventually be moved, apparently.

Same with the new retail expansion ... threads get moved there as well.

Deleted
    I know many of you are still in shock due to the Classical server announcement, something you thought impossible, but the pain, hate, disgust, sadness, worry and resentment that you have for classic servers will eventually go away. But it will take a lot longer if you keep coming to the classic forums.

That's why I do not understand why you keep posting on this sub forum if you have no interest whatsoever on the classic version of the game, other than see it fail, crash and burn. The mods already separated the 2 different communities, so why come to this sub forum and incite toxicity, saying you hate the game, hoping it fails, stating you won't even touch it, and giving no actual feedback, no useful input and creating no interesting non toxic discussions.

Most of the arguments spark from the fact that SOME people that wanted Vanilla didn't fully understand that they were asking for and likely didn't play during Vanilla.
    Like no map markers for quests, no mount until lvl 40 (and then you get the slow one), running across continents to gather items for a single quest, respec costs, buying skill ranks from your class trainer and that sort of thing, just to name very few of them.
    Also, it's understandable for some people to be annoyed by that kind of behavior. People who actually played Vanilla.
    And all of this is happening at this time, when we literally have no idea how similar the classic servers will be, nor have any pertinent information on the matter.

Personally, I'll give classic servers a go as long as they revert the ambient music changes in the old world and they keep the Legend of Stalvan quest chain. And Stitches. Take away everything but not Stitches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    telling people to fuck off or even just "go away" because they disagree with what you want is not constructive in any way shape or form.
    Also, they didn't create classic sub forum because at the time it would of been promoting illegal pirate servers, which the site frowns against.
    the thing is they don't disagree with me, in fact they don't disagree with anything, they simply don't like that classic exists, and give no actual constructive feedback for the creation of this project.

Yep that's what I said, they didn't create a classic sub forum because it would be promoting legacy at the time. that's why people where forced to post of that horrible megathread on the general section, because it was the only way to talk about legacy.

I believe people can go into whatever thread they want and post however they want if they post within the rules of the site. Also, this may come as a big shock to you but there are people with different opinions about how Vanilla should be done. You guys are like a pack of starving dogs ripping each other to shreds when a hunk of meat is tossed your way. Instead of sharing the meat you are too busy fighting amongst each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Single thread my ass. You can go and ask the mods how many threads they had to close and direct to various megathreads over this shit in the past year or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Actually I think this sub-forum was created to stuff Legacy threads into, so the main threads didn't get clogged.

You can create a Classic thread in general, but it will eventually be moved, apparently.

Same with the new retail expansion ... threads get moved there as well.
    They created 2 subforums for the new expansion and Legacy which was a good idea. I know I was tired of 'leak threads' for the expansion and 'We want Vanilla nao" threads in the main general section.

Deleted
    Is it only me or anyone else thinks that Classic/Vanilla/Legacy playerbase is EXTREMLY toxic against current expansion ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Is it only me or anyone else thinks that Classic/Vanilla/Legacy playerbase is EXTREMLY toxic against current expansion ?
    It is not a majority of them, no. But there have been plenty of vocal people wishing doom and gloom on Retail because it is a 'shadow of its former glory', out of touch, blah blah many reasons. Anyways, there was just as much people hating on Legacy being a thing and not being constructive about it as there was people bashing retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Yup...always going on about how live sucks and Vanilla was the greatest thing on earth...every time a vanilla thread died/closed they made a new one saying the same things over and over again.

The OP is basically playing a game of the pot calling the kettle black.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yup...always going on about how live sucks and Vanilla was the greatest thing on earth...every time a vanilla thread died/closed they made a new one saying the same things over and over again.

The OP is basically playing a game of the pot calling the kettle black.
    Yup, shoe is on the other foot for many people and they are jumping right in. Though the funny part is there also other people who legit want Legacy as well but they have different opinions on wanting QoL/Bug Fixes and so on and that is just really jamming a stick into the spokes of the whole 'purists' feel good story.

In general, the toxicity of vanilla players honestly won't be missed. Take your vanilla, have it. The rest of us honestly don't care. We will be playing games with actual features, that are far less akin to Everquest 2, Asheron's Call and Lord of the Rings Online.

Those were vanilla's 'competition' mind you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yup, shoe is on the other foot for many people and they are jumping right in. Though the funny part is there also other people who legit want Legacy as well but they have different opinions on wanting QoL/Bug Fixes and so on and that is just really jamming a stick into the spokes of the whole 'purists' feel good story.
    Oh yeah, vanilla purists shot themselves in the foot with their demands, then next year rolls around and they realize Blizzard is more worried about making Classic popular to the vast majority of players, not just their tiny minority.

inb4 Nostralius Resurrection.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

I disagree. I had to suffer through ex-players comments about how aweful every single everything about not vanilla wow is for a good 8 years now. Now its your time to suffer! (Ultimately this is a forum. Half the posts will be people calling each others haters or fanboys while hating and fanboying. Just try to read between them. Or scream into the void a bit, I guess.)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Whilst I think the OP's tone is unhelpful he does have a point - it is tiresome reading post after post from people that appear to have no interest in Classic. If you don't like Classic or the people that want to play this version of the game then why are you reading this forum let alone posting it? Why not read and post in sections devoted to the version of the game you enjoy and if, as claimed, the Classic supporters do decide to post in those sections about how terrible the current game is simply ignore them and report their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    In general, the toxicity of vanilla players honestly won't be missed. Take your vanilla, have it. The rest of us honestly don't care. We will be playing games with actual features, that are far less akin to Everquest 2, Asheron's Call and Lord of the Rings Online.

Those were vanilla's 'competition' mind you.
    Hey don't forget Everquest 1 dammit! *shakes fist* Also, Final Fantasy 11 was still pretty popular back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post

Oh yeah, vanilla purists shot themselves in the foot with their demands, then next year rolls around and they realize Blizzard is more worried about making Classic popular to the vast majority of players, not just their tiny minority.

inb4 Nostralius Resurrection.
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least if some of the 'free servers' decide they are pissed off about what is happening and keep on going with what they are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Whilst I think the OP's tone is unhelpful he does have a point - it is tiresome reading post after post from people that appear to have no interest in Classic. If you don't like Classic or the people that want to play this version of the game then why are you reading this forum let alone posting it? Why not read and post in sections devoted to the version of the game you enjoy and if, as claimed, the Classic supporters do decide to post in those sections about how terrible the current game is simply ignore them and report their posts.
    *shrugs* I got tired of all the Vanilla-whine threads in the general section so I decided to see what chaos was going on here. Though at least in these threads I'm being far more helpful than I was in the past threads. I have no real interest in Legacy but I find it fascinating to watch the community turn on itself in what they feel Vanilla should be (or was).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *shrugs* I got tired of all the Vanilla-whine threads in the general section so I decided to see what chaos was going on here. Though at least in these threads I'm being far more helpful than I was in the past threads. I have no real interest in Legacy but I find it fascinating to watch the community turn on itself in what they feel Vanilla should be (or was).
    If you were tired of all the Vanilla whine threads then perhaps the best solution would have been to not consistently post in them? There is no-one on these forums that posts as much as you about Classic and that obsession seems to have carried over this section. Quite frankly despite thousands upon thousands of posts on the subject you add nothing to any Classic conversation.