Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Prediction on what will happen

1)

Classic servers will have higher pop than live servers because of all the returning non currently playing players and those that will go from live to classic.

2)

Blizzard seeing that, that they are making more money from classic than live, will start to slowly shifting their team and resources into classic.

3)

Main game having lower and lower players is slowly dying out

4)

Blizzard going full production on classic, like in their announcement trailer all the expansions are 'rewinded' and do not exist, basicaly classic becomes an 'alternate timeline' and now they are starting to make new content for it basing on vanilla mechanics.

5)

Classic becomes the 'new' main wow with new expansions and QoL from over the years but with vanilla mechanics in-tact.

Blizzard no longer release sub figures and it is unlikely this will change in the future thus we have no way of knowing whether 1) will be the case or not. There would be no reason for Blizzard to take resources from live, they have more than enough to support both products.

To be honest I see little value in these Classic will be eclipse live/fall flat on its face type threads. If you enjoy one over the other then soon you will be able your favourite version, so why not just be happy about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Blizzard no longer release sub figures and it is unlikely this will change in the future thus we have no way of knowing whether 1) will be the case or not.

We don't need to know..... when 4) and 5) will become real you will know that this has happened :P

In any event Blizzard committed themselves to host Vanilla as long as WoW retail remains live.

Interviewer: Are you expecting players to come back to vanilla WOW and properly invest in that game, or just have a look around for nostalgia's sake?

J. Allen Brack:
    Both, I think. One of the things we do know is that by announcing this, we're in the WOW Classic business forever. Once that starts, there's a commitment on our end that we're going to continue maintaining those servers for as long as there is a World of Warcraft. I think there will be people that come and do the nostalgia trip, they go to the Barrens and find Mankrik's wife, and then they're done. That's fine. Some amount of people, however, are going to create a new Classic community and that's what we'll be providing.

src
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

So, it doesn't really matter which "side" does better.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-11-08 at 09:35 AM.

1)

Some old players will go on Classic realm because of nostalgia.

2)

They get bored after some weeks.

Deleted
    1. Classic will boom out with population

2. 50% people will leave before hitting max lvl

3. Only core playerbase will stay for more than 1month

4. Probably 5 - 15% population will stay since launch

Keep dreaming that blizz will focus on Classic more than retail... Any content update would be called expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Gee...yet another brand new account saying the same thing.

Prediction...just some user who made a brand new account to mouth off and make identical posts just to make things look better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    1)

It's not nostalgia, vanilla has more content mechanics wise than current wow.

For example ranked abilities and weapon skills were removed in cata and trainers altogether in pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Keep dreaming that blizz will focus on Classic more than retail... Any content update would be called expansion

They will go with version that gives them more money, if classic will give more money, they will go with it, it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    We don't need to know..... when 4) and 5) will become real you will know that this has happened :P
    I think it is possible that 4) might happen but it will as a result of Classic's success and not a sign that it more popular than live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think it is possible that 4) might happen but it will as a result of Classic's success and not a sign that it more popular than live.
    Anyhow, it will the best for us players.

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    1)

2)

They get bored after some weeks.

That is my guess as well.

and i have to say i am worried, that Blizzard shift to much ressources onto classic, wich may be just a fail in long term, instead on having them on BfA or the Xpac beyond.

Deleted
    >Brand New Account
    >Tons of Bullshit
    >Classic > Retail - Dream

Yep

It's not nostalgia, vanilla has more content mechanics wise than current wow.
    Wait, what? Are you seriously calling "hitting a training dummy or random mobs in the world so you can get skill points in a weapon" content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Wait, what? Are you seriously calling "hitting a training dummy or random mobs in the world so you can get skill points in a weapon" content?
    More RPG mechanics

One could say current WoW is dumbed down compared to vanilla

Deleted
    More RPG mechanics

One could say current WoW is dumbed down compared to vanilla
    List the MORE RPG MECHANICS

or stop writing no sense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    List the MORE RPG MECHANICS

or stop writing no sense
    I already did in previous post

Ranked abilities and weapon skills were removed in cata and trainers altogether in pandaria

Anyhow, it will the best for us players.
    I am not sure Classic or Live succeeding at the expense of the other would be best for us however two successful versions would certainly be boon for WoW players.

Deleted
    I already did in previous post

Ranked abilities and weapon skills were removed in cata and trainers altogether in pandaria
    Weapon Skills isnt a RPG mechanics, is just "AA that dummy for 5 minutes and get 300weap skill"

Ranked abilities aka mana efficency, nothing RPG flavoured.

Really, is that all we got? Because Weapon Skill "understanding" like EDGEMASTER item was achieved in mid TBC so basically during Vanilla, people doesn't fucking know a fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Weapon Skills isnt a RPG mechanics, is just "AA that dummy for 5 minutes and get 300weap skill"

Ranked abilities aka mana efficency, nothing RPG flavoured.

Really, is that all we got? Because Weapon Skill "understanding" like EDGEMASTER item was achieved in mid TBC so basically during Vanilla, people doesn't fucking know a fuck.

People expect that expansions will be adding on things already established on vanilla, and not removing what made vanilla great, this is why we are at current point of WoW and this is why Classic is launching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bait thread is baity. Calling "Weapon skills a missed feature"