Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Exclamation "World of Wacraft: Classic will take a lot of community feedback"

All the trolls, rejoice!

I guess it will be Classic+, so to speak. If it will be the case (5ppl UBRS, "class balance" etc) - I pass.

But hey, we still will have our private realms will all the scams and drama included.

Sigh.

Well, at least I will not forfeit what was left of my life (hopefully).

Source (34 mins mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkdTS_8Y61Q

Adrenalin rush since announcement gone. I enjoyed hater's salty tears while it lasted, but deep inside I knew they will win in the end. Again. Because it’s modern day Blizzard.

So be it. Have it haters.

Anyways Whether they will implement 1.12.1 rule-set with current graph - the sanest thing to do - or whether they will create Classic+ abomination. I'm fine.

I'm good ether way. I will either have my game back or I will preserve what’s left of my life.

Bur my point is this. The moment you start those QoL changes (5UBRS, class rebalance, free respecs etc) the moment you will seed anxiety, the feel of betrayal and mutual hatred. You will never please large enough group among those who demand those changes, while the bulk of the target group which demanded it in the first place will feel grand betrayal yet again.

Just my 2 cents.

Flame on.
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2017-11-08 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

lets hope they listen the correct community

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    All the trolls, rejoice!
    You do know that the feedback could also be 'we want plain old Classic without any QoL changes', and that's what they'll build? The whole idea is that they take feedback. If most people want Classic+, yeah, that's problably happening, but if enough people don't want that, it won't happen. Or maybe both options will happen, if it turns out there's enough interest. Feedback <> Classic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Firost View Post
    lets hope they listen the correct community
    And which one is that.
    Both will make that claim.

I as someone who didn't see the need, and currently does not have interest in "classic" is of the mind that vanilla is what players should be getting, as that is what was actually asked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

We know what the feedback will be. People will immediately beg to nerf everything. As a developer, you can't give in to that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    It's in Blizzards interest to provide a service that people who play Vanilla on private servers (so fairly authentic to vanilla) will enjoy. They might take suggestions for some things but on the whole they either create something enjoyable by people who want true classic, or their project fails and the hype for classic servers overflows into even more vanilla private servers. :P

This is something Blizzard have to get right and I don't see them making too many concessions beyond very basic QoL improvements like more flight paths, maybe stackable soul stones, etc.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the trolls, rejoice!

I guess it will be Classic+, so to speak. If it will be the case (5ppl UBRS, "class balance" etc) - I pass.

But hey, we still will have our private realms will all the scams and drama included.

Sigh.

Well, at least I will not forfeit what was left of my life (hopefully).

Source (34 mins mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkdTS_8Y61Q
    Lol what he says is just we will fix the bugs and then we will talk. Nothing else ia guaranteed. Don't be pessimistic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Knight View Post
    It's in Blizzards interest to provide a service that people who play Vanilla on private servers (so fairly authentic to vanilla) will enjoy. They might take suggestions for some things but on the whole they either create something enjoyable by people who want true classic, or their project fails and the hype for classic servers overflows into even more vanilla private servers. :P

This is something Blizzard have to get right and I don't see them making too many concessions beyond very basic QoL improvements like more flight paths, maybe stackable soul stones, etc.
    I hope that is their mindset in this.
    I see no reason to change Vanilla to appear more to retail players. Retail ppl have retail and they have a new expansion coming that looks pretty good to my eyes.

While I actually like Classic+ (class balancing and maybe cap max respec cost a bit lower - but none of the other stuff) there are actually many, many questions that they will have to figure out even if they don't go the Classic+ route - and that they might want to know the community's opinion when making decisions.

For example:

Should it be progressive patches or should it just be 1.12 from the start?

What should happen after all content has been completed? Move on to new expansions (TBC)? Create new content patches in the same spirit as vanilla on kalimdor/ek? Static forever at 1.12?

If the choice is new expansions, how should the transition be done? Should you be allowed to copy (or transfer) your character to a new realm, or should it function just like on regular realms with new expansions?

If they choose to do new content patches in Azeroth (no new expansions) - i.e 1.13 and so on, then what kind of content do players want? New BGs? Raids? Which difficulty should the raids have (same as 2004 MC or should it be upped considering the playerbase is "better" nowadays)? Should this patch contain class balancing? etc etc

All in all, that statement does not necessarily imply what you think it does.
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2017-11-08 at 01:50 PM.

Tbh if they start balancing clasess most ppl who love "original" vanilla will just stay on private servers. And i guess we all agree that big part of blizz decision to bring bk classic was to fight priv servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    Should it be progressive patches or should it just be 1.12 from the start?

What should happen after all content has been completed? Move on to new expansions? Create new content patches in the same spirit as vanilla on kalimdor/ek? Static forever at 1.12?

If the choice is new expansions, how should the transition be done? Should you be allowed to copy (or transfer) your character to a new realm, or should it function just like on regular realms with new expansions?

If they choose to do new content patches in Azeroth (no new expansions) - i.e 1.13 and so on, then what kind of content do players want? New BGs? Raids? Which difficulty should the raids have (same as 2004 MC or should it be upped considering the playerbase is "better" nowadays)? etc etc

All in all, that statement does not necessarily imply what you think it does.
    My personal 2 copper:

My take on this (and it's an opinion I've aired elsewhere) is that the realm should progress when a defined percentage of the playerbase are ready to progress, and this would be determined by a vote, every 3 months, first vote starting a year after launch. Everyone with a minimum of one active level 60 character on the classic server gets a vote. As soon as a predetermined percentage (need not be a majority, I'll leave that to others to figure out) of the playerbase is ready to move on, BOOM, TBC pre-patch, then TBC after a month. Rinse, repeat TBC->WotLK.

Possibly on patch night Blizzard can create a copy of the server so that players who want to remain on Classic only can continue there whilst the rest of the playerbase moves on. Same for WotLK. This would just split the community though so I'd only do it if uptake was very high anyway.

All the trolls, rejoice!
    Seems a lot of classic purists are quick to label anyone suggesting changes to classic as trolls, despite even blizz inviting discussion on what these realms should be. What's with that attitude?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Lol what he says is just we will fix the bugs and then we will talk. Nothing else ia guaranteed. Don't be pessimistic
    Well. 1st they actually discussed the prospect of 5 ppl UBRS and now THIS. I know what's going on. I just know.

And what is maddening are all those troll threads and posts like "hey Vanilla boys so now you want QoL changes so you don't know what you actually wanted in the 1st place".

Screw it. Whatever.
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.

I suspect they will take a similar approach to Starcraft Remastered. Optional graphical upgrades and some bug fixes. I would welcome small class balance adjustments but I totally understand if that gets shot down. Otherwise it should look and feel the exact same as the original. I am hoping they do regular content patches over it's lifespan instead of starting with the last patch before Burning Crusade.

Agree. I am even kinda on the + side my self I want all 3 class specs to be useful for pvp/raids in the past it was not the case. I was kinda thinking the pre Bc patch for that 2 or 3 month wait before Bc launched.

Deleted
    To be fair, from what I've seen discussed, some really good players can make supposedly non-viable builds competitive. I personally did not play in classic (I've played vanilla on private servers though) so I would not have witnessed this.

I wonder is the class unbalance so large as people believe or is it just that certain builds are substantially harder to skillfully play?

Well. 1st they actually discussed the prospect of 5 ppl UBRS and now THIS. I know what's going on. I just know.

And what is maddening are all those troll threads and posts like "hey Vanilla boys so now you want QoL changes so you don't know what you actually wanted in the 1st place".

Screw it. Whatever.
    Your salty tears are quite delicious.

Deleted
    Mmmm salty classic tears

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Knight View Post
    My take on this (and it's an opinion I've aired elsewhere) is that the realm should progress when a defined percentage of the playerbase are ready to progress, and this would be determined by a vote, every 3 months, first vote starting a year after launch. Everyone with a minimum of one active level 60 character on the classic server gets a vote. As soon as a predetermined percentage (need not be a majority, I'll leave that to others to figure out) of the playerbase is ready to move on, BOOM, TBC pre-patch, then TBC after a month. Rinse, repeat TBC->WotLK.
    Are actually serious about this? Man It physically hurts to even read it.

Rinse, repeat TBC->WotLK?

Seriously?

Why on God's green earth would some one want it? You want progression with billion stuff to do? Don't we have retail for that?

I mean I still play on retail from time to time I even killed HC KJ back in Aug. I don't hate Retail.

But sometimes I want something... ...ultra-familiar and cozy. I do not want TBC. I actually hate it. I only made peace with the Idea of forced xpacks in around WoLTK or so.

Can't we have just that? 1.12.1?

Why would you want "progression" in the game long dead?

Deleted
    Are actually serious about this? Man It physically hurts to even read it.

Rinse, repeat TBC->WotLK? Seriously? Why on God's green earth would some one want it? You want progression with billion stuff to do? Don't we have retail for that? I mean I still play on retail from time to time I even killed HC KJ back in Aug. I don't hate Retail. But sometimes I want something... ...ultra-familiar and cozy. I do not want TBC. I actually hate it. I only made peace with the Idea of forced xpacks in around WoLTK or so. Can't we have just that? 1.12.1? Why would you want "progression" in the game long dead?
    I didn't say I wanted anything, I'm just allowing people a vote on it.

Furthermore I reiterate my suggestion:

Possibly on patch night Blizzard can create a copy of the server so that players who want to remain on Classic only can continue there whilst the rest of the playerbase moves on.