Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Peronsally, I don't care if rewards will got to live or not. However, I no longer play new WoW, and if rewards from old WoW can be transferred to new WoW, perhaps it could give me small wish to check new WoW.

One of things I liked about old WoW is that it gave you a feeling that eventually you could complete it all! Sadly it wasn't true when they started removing things on left and right, starting from old ZA bear (which gave you a sense of urgency), then Naxx recipes, then Naxx achiev proto-drakes... That's when Classic WoW started dying and died entirely when Cata destroyed old world, all its quests, etc., making game totally non-completeable in its wholeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO is not a single-player. The more people play — the better. I don't want to play in a dead realm with few hundreds players around. Initially there will be a lot of people wanting to try classic, but they'll diminish very fast, so it's important that there's enough people in the entire region for at least one server and I'm not sure about that. Giving rewards from classic to retail account will greatly increase number of players in classic. I would prefer to raid with people who want gear for transmog on main rather than not raid at all. So I have mixed feelings about this issue. Surely, I would prefer the entire classic to be in a different dimension, but I much more prefer this classic to have enough people with enough incentive to raid and we know that raiding in classic wasn't very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ralilioth View Post
    Those things were a limited time thing. i missed out on some stuff aswell. People are gonna play the vanilla servers for their experience. Not to gain something out of it and then to swap it to retail. Keep the 2 games seperate simple as that.

I'd rather have it on the black market auction house which is pretty much already too much. those things have just never been available again. Theres a reason why ZG got 2 different mounts after CATA.
    Why does the reason people play a game matter? I highly doubt that anyone will jump through all the hoops to get into Naxx 40 just to gain some transmog, which they are in no way guaranteed to see drop or be awarded it if did drop, on their main - there are far easier and less time consuming ways already in game.

I appreciate the desire to keep both games separate however I disagree that allowing people to gain rewards on their live account from playing classic would mean that the games are not separate. For example no-one would suggest that WoW and HS are not separate games because you can get a WoW mount from playing HS or that Greaves means that HotS is not a separate game.

I could certainly understand and agree to some extent with people wanting to preserve the exclusivity of prestigious items if it was not already quite easy to attain these items in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    If they already want to play it, they don't need incentives.

Sure. Very few people had T3 in vanilla, hopefully very few will have it in WoW Classic. I don't see the need for any cross game incentives.
    In reality no-one who does not want to play Classic is going to go the lengths of raiding Naxx 40 to gain T3. So what does it matter if a few dedicated and skilled players unlock an appearance for their gear on live?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    So you wanna see everyone in naxx 40 gear on the retail servers in a couple of years? nah, doesn't sound fun to me.
    When classic servers are released they will stay around for a long time. You will have so much more time to farm stuff compared to what you had back in the days. Doesn't seem fair to the people that got this stuff 12+ years ago.
    ...Implying that those sets are so good that everyone would even get them in the first place. Come on man, if you want some interest for vanilla servers for more than just ye olde gaimurr, then you gotta share the toys...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In reality no-one who does not want to play Classic is going to go the lengths of raiding Naxx 40 to gain T3. So what does it matter if a few dedicated and skilled players unlock an appearance for their gear on live?
    People already buy various boosts ingame, even if it's just for a title, achievement or mount.

Imagine how much people would pay a Classic guild to get T3 so they could use it on retail.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's some feigned elitism from those who played back then and got, for example, a full set of T3 and somehow feel it a personal affront that someone else might also have it.
    Because, you know, what other players have directly affects their fun in-game.
    Because they *earned* them, dammit, and you are a scrub because you didn't play the same thing they did 12 goddamn years ago.
    Because that makes sense...

If the items become bnet bound and transfer to live, or if they don't, I personally wouldn't give two shits, because if someone has unobtainable gear, titles, mounts, whatever, because they a) played actual vanilla and "earned" them or b) they played the new classic servers and "earned" them, I simply won't care because that's them and I am me.
    It doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Deleted
    In reality people will pay a lot of money to be carried to that gear. It will not make WoW Classic experience better, only worse, so it should not happen. If you want T3 on live, go ask Blizzard to add lvl 60 Naxx back into the live game instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    People already buy various boosts ingame, even if it's just for a title, achievement or mount.

Imagine how much people would pay a Classic guild to get T3 so they could use it on retail.
    And? The amount of guilds capable of carrying of someone through Naxx 40 will be rather small and it is entirely possible that the desired T3 gear would not drop on just one run. Then there is the problem that a Classic Naxx 40 guild is unlikely be interested in gold on some random live server and it is doubtful that an average player could generate enough gold on a Classic realm to make this worthwhile for the guild to bother carrying them. Unless you are talking about RMT which I think we all agree that the game, Classic and Live, could do without.

In short I think this would be far less practical than obtaining the desired gear through methods already in game and thus will not become an issue.

I have zero interest in playing Classic as it stands, I'm glad the people that wanted it got it, but its not for me. I earned that black battle tank over a decade ago, and yeah, I roll my eyes a bit when I see people riding it with a WotLK achievement date, but its whatever at this point. I never got the tiger from ZG, there are a few weapons I'd like from Naxx 40, but that's just some stuff ill have to do without. Keep the two separate.

Deleted
    So it seems that blizzard is bringing classic back because many people want to fill up their empty transmo slots.
    I thought it was for the players that actually wanted to play the game that much that went to do so in private servers.
    My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    In reality people will pay a lot of money to be carried to that gear. It will not make WoW Classic experience better, only worse, so it should not happen. If you want T3 on live, go ask Blizzard to add lvl 60 Naxx back into the live game instead.
    Would they? I think that given there are already methods to get the same or similar appearances in game the market for this would be rather small.

Why would I need to ask Blizzard to reinstate lvl 60 Naxx when I could just buy T3 from the BMAH?

Deleted
    And? The amount of guilds capable of carrying of someone through Naxx 40 will be rather small and it is entirely possible that the desired T3 gear would not drop on just one run. Then there is the problem that a Classic Naxx 40 guild is unlikely be interested in gold on some random live server and it is doubtful that an average player could generate enough gold on a Classic realm to make this worthwhile for the guild to bother carrying them. Unless you are talking about RMT which I think we all agree that the game, Classic and Live, could do without.

In short I think this would be far less practical than obtaining the desired gear through methods already in game and thus will not become an issue.
    Usually I don't care much about if people can get a certain item/mount/title despite it being past that era, but in this case I really don't think Blizzard should icentivize playing on Classic. People wanted Classic to experience it. Now people are just getting greedy instead of being grateful for the fact we'll be receiving a Blizzard supported server for this era in the game.

They should be kept separate completely, besides... people who had things from back then in regular WoW today should be treated as a badge of honour, so to speak.

However, they "could" add an incentive to playing Classic WoW like they did with other games such as Heartstone for the mount after reaching level 20... like, "Reach level 40, earn this [revamped HD] classic looking mount/mog in Current WoW!".

You will have so much more time to farm stuff compared to what you had back in the days. Doesn't seem fair to the people that got this stuff 12+ years ago.
    ....why do you give a shit? No, seriously, why would you care so much about pixels in a videogame from 12 years ago?

I don't get this mindset of "reeee I must be a special snowflake!!" in a massive game of millions of players.

Deleted
    From what i heard yesterday on the conversartion between Alexsensual and Asmongold, they say is because people would play the game for the wrong reasons.
    People would rage if they dont get the items.´
    Drama
    /gquit

etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ....why do you give a shit? No, seriously, why would you care so much about pixels in a videogame from 12 years ago?

I don't get this mindset of "reeee I must be a special snowflake!!" in a massive game of millions of players.
    You could reverse this just as easily; Why do you care so much about pixels in a videogame from 12 years ago? Why must you be able to collect every piece in the game? Why isn't it OK some stuff is out of your reach?

I don't get this mindset of "reeee I must be able to get everything, mommy never said no to me!! reeee gimmie gimmie gimmie".

See?

So you wanna see everyone in naxx 40 gear on the retail servers in a couple of years? nah, doesn't sound fun to me.
    When classic servers are released they will stay around for a long time. You will have so much more time to farm stuff compared to what you had back in the days. Doesn't seem fair to the people that got this stuff 12+ years ago.
    Why not? If Blizzard makes sure it takes the same amount of effort, how can it be not fair? If you're pointing to fairness, you can blame the fact that some people weren't even born yet during vanilla?

Usually I don't care much about if people can get a certain item/mount/title despite it being past that era, but in this case I really don't think Blizzard should icentivize playing on Classic. People wanted Classic to experience it. Now people are just getting greedy instead of being grateful for the fact we'll be receiving a Blizzard supported server for this era in the game.
    Why not? Blizzard are a business they are doing this to make money - more incentive there is for a player to play one of Blizzard's games the more incentive there is for them to spend money with Blizzard.

Getting into Naxx 40 is not easy it will take a lot time and dedication as well as guild full of 39+ similarly minded players - it is wrong-headed to suggest that people that make this far do not want to experience Classic.

Anyway I see you've now exhausted unlikely scenarios fallen back on hyperbole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

The entire movement of vanilla servers and demanding Blizz to make them is based on memories and nostalgia.

So why shit on people who want past achievement to stay in the past and not be watered down, based on memories and nostalgia? It's the same thing really.

And mark my words, vanilla players are *already* arguing about Classic - what it is, what it should be, how to implement it, what to add/subtract/change... watch as people from the main game come and ruin your cosy little vanilla playground for mogs and mounts during lulls between patches. And watch angry threads by people feeling "forced" to play a version of the game they dislike because it has "rewards" (it WILL happen, it always happens, no matter how trivial the reward).

Mind, I have no horse in this race. Idgaf about outdated content and clunky gameplay, I will be playing vanilla on a noob character, admiring the views of pre-Cataclysm Barrens and other locations out of pure sentiment. Neither did I raid in Vanilla and have any of the snowflake rewards to be angry about myself.

But I see only problems and drama from having the main game and Classic ever touching.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2017-11-08 at 02:57 PM.

You could reverse this just as easily; Why do you care so much about pixels in a videogame from 12 years ago? Why must you be able to collect every piece in the game? Why isn't it OK some stuff is out of your reach?
    Nice strawman, that's not what I'm arguing.