Thread: Goblin subrace?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Goblin subrace?

I just started playing my goblin again and I was wondering what could be their subrace, as Blizz already hinted that every race will have one.

I also haven't seen much about possible goblin subraces, probably because it's one of the least placed race.

I personally have no idea what it could be lol, I'm like thinking and nothing comes to me, what do you guys think would be a good goblin subrace?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Goblin players are still a thing?
    I thought they got removed in the MOP prepatch

We're like cockroaches, hard to see but always around.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

You're the horde's version of a puntable race, right?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Gilblin(undersea) Goblins come to mind. I believe there may be some others, hobgoblins maybe, though unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    The Gilblin(undersea) Goblins come to mind. I believe there may be some others, hobgoblins maybe, though unlikely
    Oh yeah, the giblins, bleh, lol. Makes sense but there's no hype

The only thing I can think of currently ingame is the gilgoblins. Not sure if Blizz would use them though.

When has blizz hinted at every race getting a subrace? Pretty sure the term "allied" race was chosen for a specific reason

If not the gill goblins then maybe those little fox people they showed

10+ Year Old Account

One of these boys

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Oh yeah, the giblins, bleh, lol. Makes sense but there's no hype
    There was some zombie goblins on the lost isles created by pygmies. You....could be one of those? lol

Although in seriousness, I think people need to pay special attention to blizzards implementation. I think the fact that they are referring to these as "Allied Races" and not Sub-Races is important. A sub-race would require that the race be an offshoot of an existing race. Fair enough, all 6 of the first Allied Races fit this. But what if they did this intentionally so that they could add allied races later that may not be a direct offshoot of an existing race? Drogbar for example, Ogres for another; the latter of whom the Goblins already have an old relationship with.

Although it does seem more likely that "Allied Races" simply sounds more fluid than actually calling them "Sub-races". In which case I don't really see any other group other than the Gilblin that could fit the criteria and be different enough to be considered a separate race. They could be introduced during whatever patch adds Azshara and the naga as factors in this expansion as well.

Gilblins are my first through as well- or the new Vulpera, the fennec fox race that is new in BfA and appears to be built on the goblin skeleton.

It's worth noting, though, that although the current Allied races correspond to a "parent" race, Allied races do not have to do this. They're not truly "subraces."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    When has blizz hinted at every race getting a subrace? Pretty sure the term "allied" race was chosen for a specific reason
    ^this

/10chars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I just started playing my goblin again and I was wondering what could be their subrace, as Blizz already hinted that every race will have one.

I also haven't seen much about possible goblin subraces, probably because it's one of the least placed race.

I personally have no idea what it could be lol, I'm like thinking and nothing comes to me, what do you guys think would be a good goblin subrace?
    Leper gnomes and they'll get a place to hangout wherever the Undead wind up.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some options, like:

-Gil Goblins
    -Undead Goblins (if any of the races of the Horde will most easily accept the option of a second chance in un-death, its going to be the goblins).

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    There was some zombie goblins on the lost isles created by pygmies. You....could be one of those? lol

Although in seriousness, I think people need to pay special attention to blizzards implementation. I think the fact that they are referring to these as "Allied Races" and not Sub-Races is important. A sub-race would require that the race be an offshoot of an existing race. Fair enough, all 6 of the first Allied Races fit this. But what if they did this intentionally so that they could add allied races later that may not be a direct offshoot of an existing race? Drogbar for example, Ogres for another; the latter of whom the Goblins already have an old relationship with.

Although it does seem more likely that "Allied Races" simply sounds more fluid than actually calling them "Sub-races". In which case I don't really see any other group other than the Gilblin that could fit the criteria and be different enough to be considered a separate race. They could be introduced during whatever patch adds Azshara and the naga as factors in this expansion as well.
    Well, this entire form of content is based on re-use. All the new races use rigs of their closest race, so same animation and everything. There's not much new in the new races to be honest but it's still cool. I would assume goblins get the same treatment, but assuming there's a technical reason why some races come later, maybe they will have a more different race, who knows, good point, I'd like to be surprised by something unexpected.

I would be pleased if they just updated the god damn models already instead of wasting the effort on a subrace...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Gilblins are my first through as well- or the new Vulpera, the fennec fox race that is new in BfA and appears to be built on the goblin skeleton.

It's worth noting, though, that although the current Allied races correspond to a "parent" race, Allied races do not have to do this. They're not truly "subraces."
    Something i would like to point out:

-The Vulpera was introduced as a race that you befriend, and they are mainly in the Horde "territory", so it would make sense to have them join.

Note: In the same bubble of though, when the Alliance go the Zandalari, it would make sense if they become allies of the enemies of the Horde in that continent, like the Serpent People. (also it would be a way to give people the feel of Naga without giving them Naga -they also seems to use the Worgen skeleton-)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Something i would like to point out:

-The Vulpera was introduced as a race that you befriend, and they are mainly in the Horde "territory", so it would make sense to have them join.

Note: In the same bubble of though, when the Alliance go the Zandalari, it would make sense if they become allies of the enemies of the Horde in that continent, like the Serpent People. (also it would be a way to give people the feel of Naga without giving them Naga -they also seems to use the Worgen skeleton-)
    Not to mention that the vulperas have the goblin skeleton so they would be a good subrace for them. The only information we need to get is how much of them are in Zandalar, and if they have a true military power. Also, what would be their classes ? Probably warrior / hunter / rogue / shaman and then, what else ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Not to mention that the vulperas have the goblin skeleton so they would be a good subrace for them. The only information we need to get is how much of them are in Zandalar, and if they have a true military power. Also, what would be their classes ? Probably warrior / hunter / rogue / shaman and then, what else ?
    Depends on their culture, but i expect them to have some of the Trolls things, like caster stuff (most likely Mage / Priest) can't say much of the rest, but yes, just like the Vulperas would make a great option for the Horde, the serpent people would work great for the Alliance, though the idea always makes me wonder....

If the Alliance does come to Zandalar and make the Snake people join them, will the Horde do the same in Kultiras? (have not seen any different race there though, as it seems that the Tortollan are also in Zandalar)