Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling will be even faster, not slower.

I still 1 shot lvl 75 mobs at 75 in Grizzly Hills today.

Kills will also give full xp, and quests too, so 65% xp from heirlooms will apply to a BIGGER number.

Oh I doubt that very much. They're scaling mobs to your level, and they'll take that opportunity to increase their health so you don't 1 or 2-shot them.

I guess we'll see soon enough, when PTR opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    What is the problem to have eficient Leveling and good story?

Even if someone is not doing the quests for the history, Scaling is a good solution because those who want to level faster will level even faster combing the Exp from Dungeons and Quests that don't become gray 2 minutes laters.
    There are a few ways you could level fast and do all the quests in a zone:
    Quests don't gray out or they scale, but you will only be able to do a few zones because you will reach max level for scaling
    They lower the number of quests in a zone (would actually be a good idea to reduce the number of "get 10 basilisk eyes" quests)

The other option to allow leveling in a lot of zones would be to lower the amount of exp you get from quests, but that would slow down leveling.

If you want to level a bunch of characters in different places this could be nice, but otherwise you will still not see all of the leveling content at the same level as your character.

Quote Originally Posted by PacMan View Post
    I'm actually putting leveling on hold until 7.3.5 drops. I'm looking forward to it.
    Same here. Sub just ran out and will resub for 7.3.5. to level some more characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    There are a few ways you could level fast and do all the quests in a zone:
    Quests don't gray out or they scale, but you will only be able to do a few zones because you will reach max level for scaling

They lower the number of quests in a zone (would actually be a good idea to reduce the number of "get 10 basilisk eyes" quests)

The other option to allow leveling in a lot of zones would be to lower the amount of exp you get from quests, but that would slow down leveling.

If you want to level a bunch of characters in different places this could be nice, but otherwise you will still not see all of the leveling content at the same level as your character.
    They are doing that, you will be able to level up to the max level of the expansion in any zone of said expansion, 1-60, 60-70 70-80 and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am holding off to leveling any new toons. I am going to wait and unlock an allied race and level from 20 with that race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    From what I'm reading, it feels like levelling is gonna take fucking forever again soon, even with heirlooms. Sure you get the XP bonus, but you won't zerg stuff quite as easily now.

If you had any races / classes you wanted to play, you best level them quickly I suppose.
    Good thing I already have every class at 110.

Oh wait, I like leveling. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I am holding off with all leveling. I am so looking forward to do it. Looord it is exciting to actually finish a zone. Redrig mountains is awesome for questiong, cata did some amazing quest zones. I dont care how slow it is. It probaly be fast anyway, maybe slightly slower, but wit hthat argument, it could be faster, as quest now always will scale to your level, no longer queen quests when you leveled up 2 times in the same zone.
    Some of the post-Cata zones have better quests, some have worse. I hate Redridge singularly for that Rambo shit they did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    They are doing that, you will be able to level up to the max level of the expansion in any zone of said expansion, 1-60, 60-70 70-80 and so on.
    You didn't read the whole thing. When they scale zones, you will be able to do all the quests in one, but you won't be able to do every zone. You'll probably only need 3 or 4 at the most (10-60), so you still won't be able to do every quest in every zone. You will still miss a lot of stuff and have to go back at a higher level.

Basically, it's a halfway measure that is not necessary because you can do all the quests in a zone now, you just won't get a lot of xp. If you did that, you could do more zones at a level closer to your character level (if you don't do dungeons) because the gray quests limit your progress. People want fast leveling and complete content and you can't do both at least not if you want to do a lot of content.

I love to level alts. I dont know why, but its fun..... or... was. Long ago...

These days low level zones are such that you can basically sneeze at mobs and they die, even with quest loot gear or basically naked. Also...even if you do keep questing, you get too much xp and you outlevel the zone quickly (and mobs die even quicker...).

Blizz is fixing this. I can finally level alts again. I can go to all the zones I usually skipped because stuff scales right. I'm seriously waiting for blizz to release the old content scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    this is the exact opposite of what you should do if you enjoy playing this game
    Yeah but leveling has never been fun in WoW.
    Might as well get iot all done befor it's nerfed like crazy.

Some people enjoy leveling their 15th character. More power to 'em.

Deleted
    heirlooms are one of the dumbest things they ever added to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    You want to level up so that the mobs around you can become more powerful? Not sure why anyone is excited about this feature. Why not just get rid of levels all together.
    More powerful to a limit (areas will still have caps though), the main point is that you can actually lvl in a full zone (not having to leave the zone mid lvl, or just completely the questline while getting a really low quantity of exp)

Note: It also let us go to our preferred areas and ignore those areas that we hate (Hellfire Peninsula, looking at you)

Note2: I will be waiting for the patch to hit to lvl up a new couple of character, but mainly cause i wanna play a nightborne :P

All offset from the fact mobs will be level appropriate and you won't have to go to a new zone every 5 quests.

Massively looking forward to being able to finish zones while it remaining efficient to stay in the places I like.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    heirlooms are one of the dumbest things they ever added to the game.
    Some people don't enjoy leveling their 15th character. More power to 'em.

You can still just spam dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior View Post
    Actually its a good feature. I plan to renew my sub, when it hits. I fucking hate leveling all my alts in dungeons.

I always wanted to try out new old zones, but you usually outlevel in few dungeons.
    I really like the Stonetalon Mountains quest line.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only am i excited about the changes, i plan on leveling all my new characters in gray gear, just because...

It doesn't sound like it's going to make leveling take longer, just equalized between zones. Shit's going to be one shotted still.