Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    Lol when people will start playing that vanilla they will probably wont have easy time there hehe. I barely leveled rogue, warriors and mage. other classes were pain in the ass aspecialy locks, hunters with that quiver and paladins without crusader strike even
    locks and hunters were easiest of all.
    Mage was normal because food helped greately and he wasnt gear dependant, you could level naked mage slower but doable.
    Rogue is normal aswell.

Warrior was a lot harder due to gear and food requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    And this is why you have the option to play live and not Vanilla! ^-^
    That's the thing. They are going to make classic servers because there is an audience that want to play vanilla. If you are not a part from this audience, then you are not one of the targets for this product.
    In other words, if you don't like FPS, don't play OverWatch.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    To be fair, I started the game when it first launched but by the time I got the hang of the game, got past the bugs, random crashes, decided on a main, committed to it and hit 60, BGs were already there

- - - Updated - - -

Cant wait for the flood of tears from people that never played classic or played but forgot all the hassle.. when they can't afford a mount for weeks and have to walk or not be able to spare a few golds for new a skill although they are at the level to get it or even the constant cost of repairs
    Repairs arent that expensive and still arent. I dont get why people make such a big deal out of them.
    Only plate users had huge repair bills depending on how much they died... better not die alot!

And if you want easy mount then play paladin or warlock.
    I dont think getting a mount is that hard anymore in classic even... atleast on nostalrius i played a paladin, i bought every single ability i could (since i didnt need mount money) and i ended up having about 30-40g at level 58 and paladins are notorious for having alot of useless spells that you probably shouldnt buy. I even bought a few items off the AH especially at level 40-50 to get full plate and be more durable while questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    - No battlegrounds (hello world pvp)
    You know all PvP Servers will turn into PvE ones, where people can toggle PvP as they like?

More like say goodbye to World PvP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Hunters were the easiest class to level imo, sure you had to remember to keep stocked on pet food and arrows, but other than that it was easy. hardest i found was priest and warlock
    Seriously?

My main is a warlock, that I leveled during vanilla and I thought it was pretty op, especially once you get voidwalker. Naturally you could not solo group content, but pretty much everything else was fast and easy.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discopew View Post
    Strangelthorn Vale
    I remember the first time I took the zep to STV... I hate Gorillas.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure you mean arenas. Or else you are just an other a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    I'm pretty sure you mean arenas. Or else you are just an other a troll.
    maybe he's talking about the queue system since in vanilla where you had to go to certain zones to queue for bgs and he just worded it very stupidly?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I can't wait to reroll an UD rogue and just dumpster on kids again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I'm a hunter currently raiding MC/ZG/Ony/BWL with a pretty good guild and I can tell you I have like 3 specs to choose from and they're all very solid. And it's not 2 talents moved around, it's really different builds.
    I guess he meant in the "spec" like MM we had 2 spec for sure based on %hit, but to be precise it will be nice to know which patch is the server.

Just to be precise, hunter in vanilla had those 2 main spec as "mm"

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZViohthtIbbV0h

and

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#ce0M0xxZViohtht

this variation was due to n-things, like the +3 hit scope or above or below 8% hit cap.

Also there was a "test" build when above 500 agi or with t3+r12 gloves
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2017-11-09 at 10:05 AM.

You forget disconnected flight points so we can't leave our computers! IMMERSION!

Yes because there are classes which are not so great..... but sometimes when that moment happens you will feel like a king, for example 2h enhancment shaman is not that great.... but when a windfury crits you can insta kill enemy
    You feel like a king because you had a lucky roll? You're not a hunter skillfully kiting a warrior, you're just relying on RNG.

Also that might be true for enhance but there are several specs that have nothing like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You feel like a king because you had a lucky roll? You're not a hunter skillfully kiting a warrior, you're just relying on RNG.

Also that might be true for enhance but there are several specs that have nothing like that.
    RPG is about RNG, wow vanilla was rpg

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Repairs arent that expensive and still arent. I dont get why people make such a big deal out of them.
    Only plate users had huge repair bills depending on how much they died... better not die alot!

And if you want easy mount then play paladin or warlock.
    I dont think getting a mount is that hard anymore in classic even... atleast on nostalrius i played a paladin, i bought every single ability i could (since i didnt need mount money) and i ended up having about 30-40g at level 58 and paladins are notorious for having alot of useless spells that you probably shouldnt buy. I even bought a few items off the AH especially at level 40-50 to get full plate and be more durable while questing.
    Thanks for your input. but as I understand, you didn't actually played classic and basing your input from some private server experience because the things you are claiming are wrong. Take it from someone who started playing in 2004 and didn't give a break till a month into raiding naxx40 (because a lot of people were quitting/giving a break before BC and it became hard to find 40 people attuned to naxx + ridic requirements like extra tanks, hit capped priests, frost resistance etc..)

A couple things to point out:

- It is true that repairs were cheaper for cloth/leather but overall it was quite more expensive compared to your the gold you were making. And if you weren't dieing a lot in classic, you were just afk in your major city (also even if you were just asking in ORG, guess what an ally raid could have rolled through and killed you as well.). It was a lot less forgiving with no flying mount and you lost durability even from PVP.
    Also, many people don't even remember that you had to pay gold to swap between specs and only 1 spec per class were viable for dungeons/raids so if you were a shaman/priest/paladin/druid/warr.. sucks to be you cause you have to raid as a healer/tank and have to pay gold to swap to dps to actually farm gold for your repairs/reagents and then pay even more gold to swap back ( because every time you swapped talents it got more expensive.. classic was designed around self inflicted pain = pleasure concept :P)

- It is true that paladins/locks got their own epic mounts in classic but it was put behind an epic quest chain that included getting expensive items, farming, and getting help from bunch of other people to kill certain things. It is nothing like the current experience in game (or however it is in that private server) where you reach a level and get a free epic mount. Paladin/lock mounts were in no way or shape an "easy" mounts.

- Private server AH economy has nothing to do with the old classic economy.

Anyway, just pointing out, if they implement real classic wow with no QoL improvements, you will be in for a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Snip
    - Dying from PVP never cost durability, at least on private servers it didn't and I remember in retail was like that from a certain point on if it wasn't there from the beginning.

- Paladins/lock got the 40 mount for same cost as skills that level. 60 is quest, even on private servers. In fact on Elysium people sell the mats and runs sometimes advertizing in /trade or /world.

Quote Originally Posted by Firost View Post
    skills or better ranks every 2 levels
    And don't forget. No, gold to pay for them and half were useless and not worth buying anyway.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firost View Post
    locks and hunters were easiest of all.
    Mage was normal because food helped greately and he wasnt gear dependant, you could level naked mage slower but doable.
    Rogue is normal aswell.

Warrior was a lot harder due to gear and food requirements.
    didn't get why locks and hunters were easiest... to me it was totally opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Hunters were the easiest class to level imo, sure you had to remember to keep stocked on pet food and arrows, but other than that it was easy. hardest i found was priest and warlock
    pet was always running from me if I didn't feed him ever minute. didn't have money for that lol. arrows took half of my space also.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    That's the thing. They are going to make classic servers because there is an audience that want to play vanilla. If you are not a part from this audience, then you are not one of the targets for this product.
    In other words, if you don't like FPS, don't play OverWatch.
    The problem, Belisaurio, is that the audience that wants to/would be willing to play Vanilla is more wide ranging than the private server crowd wants to admit. They confuse the great sacrifice of playing for free on a private server someone else is running with having more say in the matter than others. They don't. They're welcome to their opinion. If they don't like how classic shapes up, back to the private servers with that lot. No one will miss them.

So, while it is true that the people playing on private servers are an audience that Blizzard wants to recapture so you guys will actually pay them to play their product, there are several audiences very much worth considering. Which is why, in one of the many interviews on MMO's homepage, you have a dev saying there will be compromises made.

Target audiences include: private server try hards, people who never experienced vanilla and would like to, people who quit the game and never picked up a private server but would play WoW again if classic came back, people currently playing WoW who played classic but would like a couple QoL changes, people who are currently playing WoW and want minor QoL changes, people who play on private servers who also want QoL changes.

There is a line that Blizzard has to walk - what can they update or improve without making it so all the potential paying customers cry about it and stay on their private servers?

You're certainly welcome to advocate your position. Of all the interviews done by streamers, why couldn't one of them ask a very logical question? Who do you want Classic WoW to appeal to? Who are you trying to appeal to by going with Classic WoW servers?

Maybe you can find the answer somewhere, I'd love to see it. Until then, let's not pretend that Blizzard is ONLY targeting private server try hards and that their opinion is the only one that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
    The problem, Belisaurio, is that the audience that wants to/would be willing to play Vanilla is more wide ranging than the private server crowd wants to admit. They confuse the great sacrifice of playing for free on a private server someone else is running with having more say in the matter than others. They don't. They're welcome to their opinion. If they don't like how classic shapes up, back to the private servers with that lot. No one will miss them.

So, while it is true that the people playing on private servers are an audience that Blizzard wants to recapture so you guys will actually pay them to play their product, there are several audiences very much worth considering. Which is why, in one of the many interviews on MMO's homepage, you have a dev saying there will be compromises made.

Target audiences include: private server try hards, people who never experienced vanilla and would like to, people who quit the game and never picked up a private server but would play WoW again if classic came back, people currently playing WoW who played classic but would like a couple QoL changes, people who are currently playing WoW and want minor QoL changes, people who play on private servers who also want QoL changes.

There is a line that Blizzard has to walk - what can they update or improve without making it so all the potential paying customers cry about it and stay on their private servers?

You're certainly welcome to advocate your position. Of all the interviews done by streamers, why couldn't one of them ask a very logical question? Who do you want Classic WoW to appeal to? Who are you trying to appeal to by going with Classic WoW servers?

Maybe you can find the answer somewhere, I'd love to see it. Until then, let's not pretend that Blizzard is ONLY targeting private server try hards and that their opinion is the only one that matters.
    Not going to lie, I don't know who will be the target.
    The only thing that we know is that they want to recreate again the same experience of Vanilla wow (because <reasons>, we don't need to enter in why they want that and what they see in doing that). source: interview
    In another interview, they didn't know what patch will Clàssic use (at least, at the begining), so we can talk about that, but the only thing that we know is that vanilla patches changed the game (1.12.1 being a big hit). source:interview

So, at first sight, the prime target seems to be people that loved vanilla with all pros & cons in it. Time will tell if that's true. Maybe you are right, but we need more information to continue discussing .
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2017-11-09 at 02:57 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're thinking of alpha, battlegrounds were a cornerstone of Vanilla and were almost all the PVP took place. Personally I'm looking forward to proper length AV games again, bring on the icelord/tree