Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    lmfao read em and weep son!
    Just like Classic Servers..... WAIT
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Stop trying to make high elves happen, it's never going to happen.
    And yet, it just did

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Just like Classic Servers..... WAIT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    And yet, it just did
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    lmfao read em and weep son!
    What just happened? Links?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There's two possible reasons for choosing outcast, exiled Blood Elves as opposed to High Elves for the Void Elves. 1.) The Devs want to retain the High vs. Blood Elven rivalry for purposes of the faction conflict. They don't want the nature of the Silver Covenant, Vereesa, or Auric to change by becoming Void Elves - rather they want to compare and contrast them against Sylvanas and/or Lor'themar as they are. 2.) They want to define a clear-cut reason for Alleria to have animosity with Silvermoon, and cement herself further on the side of the Alliance. Former Blood Elves on the side of Alliance and possibly attacking their former brethren in the conflict will open more wounds and make the conflict that much more emotionally compelling.

If the High Elves became the Void Elves you would lose a distinct subfaction, but with former Blood Elves becoming the Void Elves you get to keep the High Elves as a storytelling device and gain another distinct subfaction to play them against. The use of the former Blood Elves gives you more narrative possibilities either way.
    Learning the void elves were exiled blood elves actually made me happy. That meant the high elf essence is kept, and also that Alleria remains clean. She's not encouraging others to take such a dangerous path, but instead helping those who were already corrupted by the void.

I hope high elves and void elves end up integrating into mixed group. The high elves pity the void elves and help them control themselves, and the void elves become some sort of guardians and elite troops of high elves. This would make the void elves more like heroes trying to be redeemed than edgy antiheroes.
    Whatever...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Same can be said for Void Elfs....who have NO culture, NO bases, NO population of their own and who seem to have fewer numbers even than High Elfs.

Between the addition of Allied Races, and the addition of Zandalari and Void Elves, Blizzard now has no reason at all not to give the Alliance High Elves. So much for faction identity.

Doing so will at least end these arguments. But regardless...the damage is done. Alliance has the Blood Elf model.
    Void elves to blizzard have more of a reason to be playable than high elves. They repeated the same thing that a lot of people have said over the years, blood elves are pretty much high elves. They aren’t going to re-release the race and give it to the alliance.

Yea they got the model, which is a shame. At least their goody corruption and void form will let you know “that’s not a blood elf, it’s a void chewer”
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Void elves to blizzard have more of a reason to be playable than high elves. They repeated the same thing that a lot of people have said over the years, blood elves are pretty much high elves. They aren’t going to re-release the race and give it to the alliance.

Yea they got the model, which is a shame. At least their goody corruption and void form will let you know “that’s not a blood elf, it’s a void chewer”
    i think people underistimate the huge mistake blizzard did.
    first of all void elves do have a culture, they do have a home...they are blood elves from silvermoon. exiled yes but still blood elves. their home is quel thalas.
    blizzard's mistake is that they added the blood elf model into the alliance. can you understand the masses that will faction change only because of that? no matter if they are 'darker' than blood elves. they will have the exact same model the exact same haircut. in fact, i dare to say that in the end they may look way cooler than the actual playable blood elves. even if they dont have the option for more normal skins although i am damn sure they will have when you put gear on them it won't matter.
    they will have new voices emotes etc. new beautiful racials with void skills. a toggable void form. blue glowing eyes and high elf alleria as leader.

plus classes like hunter...tens of thousands of people that were horde will race change in an instant to be a legolas next to humans and dwarves.
    huge mistake from blizzard i repeat. the impalance will start to show in the next expansion mark my words.
    Last edited by mmoc524571bc6f; 2017-11-09 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I can't honestly recall - but I don't think so, no. I'd have to read it again to be 100% certain.
    The only thing I can find the Day of the Dragon is this sentence:

" Vereesa wanted to join her sisters and brothers, help hunt down each and every remaining orc still fighting, and send the murderous beasts to
    their well-deserved deaths."

It doesn't mention Alleria or Sylvanas by name. As far as I know Lirath is the only brother mentioned (in Beyond the Dark Portal, 2008) but he was probably already dead by the time of DotD, so there may still be at least two windrunner brothers around. Maybe nice romantic options for Jaina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post

" Vereesa wanted to join her sisters and brothers, help hunt down each and every remaining orc still fighting, and send the murderous beasts to

It doesn't mention Alleria or Sylvanas by name. As far as I know Lirath is the only brother mentioned (in Beyond the Dark Portal, 2008) but he was probably already dead by the time of DotD, so there may still be at least two windrunner brothers around. Maybe nice romantic options for Jaina
    much like Jaina's brother, there is only one Windrunner brother, and they both got killed. But if there was one, he would have gone crazy and we would have had to put him down.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

God, people should realize that high elves became blood elves. If you love high elves, just be a blood elf. One single customization option of having blue eyes does not make a new race.
    And even people that cried that they were alliance and wanted to be high elves now will be able to with void elves. We got 4 goddamn types of elves isn't it enough? Jesus Christ. Alleria will lead the void elves and she'll be the relevant high elf in the story. Vereesa might be the dead elf in the pic with teldrassil burning. Let's hope.

IMO, Vereesa was created by Knaak as a random elven ranger.
    It was only later Blizzard decided to share her surname to Sylvanas and then Alleria.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    much like Jaina's brother, there is only one Windrunner brother, and they both got killed. But if there was one, he would have gone crazy and we would have had to put him down.
    Would he fall in love with a Human male too?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Yes. Yes he would. The windrunner shame.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Yes he would. The windrunner shame.
    Windrunner gene*
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The only explanation for Void Elves I found so far is in an interview with Lost Codex:

Q: Why those 6 allied races?

Shani Edwards: They liked those 6 from the start and a lot of it had to do with player feedback that wanted to be those races. They also wanted to do something new and cool and something that hadn’t existed before, which is where the Void Elf came from.

source

Still sounds like a lame excuse and I don't think it's entirely truthful. I don't think Blizzard can come up with any player feedback asking for playable Lightforged Draenei when they decided to add allied races to BfA.

In typical Blizzard fashion they will never give the players what they want, they always want to add their own twist to it. I think that if the player base had been asking for playable Alliance Void Elves for a decade they would have added Alliance High Elves in Bfa

7+ Year Old Account
    Shani Edwards: They liked those 6 from the start and a lot of it had to do with player feedback that wanted to be those races. They also wanted to do something new and cool and something that hadn’t existed before, which is where the Void Elf came from.
    They should've gone with Half-dragon Pandaren.
    Not even those exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent know of their most secret rites

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Actually I do hope for High Elves to be a playable race in the Alliance in some capacity. I'd actually really enjoy it.
    They already said this. blood elves are pretty much high eleves. the last few are so few, they where in dire maul. and joined the night elves(why they have mages) rest is in dalaran. there are no more left

10+ Year Old Account
    Windrunner gene*
    *National embarrassment.*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    They already said this. blood elves are pretty much high eleves. the last few are so few, they where in dire maul. and joined the night elves(why they have mages) rest is in dalaran. there are no more left
    You're thinking of the Highborne, which are different than high elves.

Other than The SC, theres a small group of them in the hinterlands, and maybe some living in SW. Other than that yes, Blizzard pretty much said there are none of them left.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    For some reason i feel like there would be group of people who would really like this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    i think people underistimate the huge mistake blizzard did.
    first of all void elves do have a culture, they do have a home...they are blood elves from silvermoon. exiled yes but still blood elves. their home is quel thalas.
    blizzard's mistake is that they added the blood elf model into the alliance. can you understand the masses that will faction change only because of that? no matter if they are 'darker' than blood elves. they will have the exact same model the exact same haircut. in fact, i dare to say that in the end they may look way cooler than the actual playable blood elves. even if they dont have the option for more normal skins although i am damn sure they will have when you put gear on them it won't matter.
    they will have new voices emotes etc. new beautiful racials with void skills. a toggable void form. blue glowing eyes and high elf alleria as leader.

plus classes like hunter...tens of thousands of people that were horde will race change in an instant to be a legolas next to humans and dwarves.
    huge mistake from blizzard i repeat. the impalance will start to show in the next expansion mark my words.
    I really wish people would stop saying this. Nobody gives a shit about legolas. Millions of people aren't going to just race change after they've been horde for years and years. A small amount of people will. Most of the people who want to play high/blood elves on alliance are already alliance. There isn't some secret massive cross server guild that secretly despise the horde but are on it just for high elf models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    God, people should realize that high elves became blood elves. If you love high elves, just be a blood elf. One single customization option of having blue eyes does not make a new race.
    And even people that cried that they were alliance and wanted to be high elves now will be able to with void elves. We got 4 goddamn types of elves isn't it enough? Jesus Christ. Alleria will lead the void elves and she'll be the relevant high elf in the story. Vereesa might be the dead elf in the pic with teldrassil burning. Let's hope.
    It is enough for most people. But the most fanatical will never be happy. Blizzard could travel back in time make blood elves alliance, make kael'thas a good guy like in Warcraft 3 and they'd still complain that high/blood elves didn't get x thing or silver moon isn't big enough.

They aren't happy with anything because they're fanatics and have built up all this fake expectations in their heads.

We got high/blood elves. Most of us are happy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I didnt know being fanatic means having knowledge of high elves as a separate race with its own racial mounts, ideology, leader, appearance, relevance in story.