Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    *Waaaaaaaaaaaa someone said something I disagree with so I'll accuse them of mental illness even though it's my issue Waaaaa*
    You came here expecting sympathy because you had been killed by a tauren shaman? Sorry, I dont take you for being very clever.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde technically did more damage, but people ended up being threat capped.

Hence why Alliance was seen as a bit better because of salvation. Fear ward was whatever and a crutch at the beginning mostly due to how bad people were at swapping to berserker stance and using berserker rage. With better timers and people not being trash it was hardly a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Horde technically did more damage, but people ended up being threat capped.

Hence why Alliance was seen as a bit better because of salvation. Fear ward was whatever and a crutch at the beginning mostly due to how bad people were at swapping to berserker stance and using berserker rage. With better timers and people not being trash it was hardly a big deal.
    This. Horde had to do things like waste battle rez or keep someone out of combat because your fury warrior or rogue would get lucky crit strings with WINfury and then die, where as Alli just had Salvation and could do 90% of the damage and never have to worry and just do things normally and have everyone participate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Not at all. We're talking one spell. 12 years ago. In a video game. lol
    It's not just some random dmg spell, but something which is used strategically and affects the whole party(BC)/raid.

You didn't raid back then, that's why you don't remember.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-11-08 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    It's not just some random dmg spell, but something which is used strategically and affects the whole party(BC)/raid.

You didn't raid back then, that's why you don't remember.
    Ok man you're so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    You came here expecting sympathy because you had been killed by a tauren shaman? Sorry, I dont take you for being very clever.
    No. I came here to discuss how a group of tauren in PVP chain spamming stomp while windfury which used to be Horde only had its old effect was unbalanced. Which is why they changed both. Which is why I am correct. And apparently those things I said caused your lady parts to become engorged and enflamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Wasn't alliance BETTER suited to pve back in vanilla anyway, bloodlust or no?
    For some fights yes, others no. You could do some good things with totems. Of course pallies had a handful of nice tricks in their bag too.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Yep bloodlust was added in BC. The main reason alliance was better at PVE was because blizzard loved Fear and dwarf priests could fear ward. Also paladins had blessing of Salvation that reduced threat by 30% that was Class specific. While shamans had tranquil air totem it only worked in the party, it also was the same totem class as windfury and windfury caused massive threat.
    Alliance being better for pve had nothing at all to do with fearward, horde had tremor totems which where way superior to fear ward.
    The reason alliance was better for pve was blessing of salvation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Alliance being better for pve had nothing at all to do with fearward, horde had tremor totems which where way superior to fear ward.
    You have to admit that Poison Cleanse Totem was the shit.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Was Tranquil Air even in vanilla?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    yes you're correct, i forgot that so many skills had such long CDs, i can't remember my hunter having any long CDs though, maybe bestial wrath.
    Hunters had Rapid Fire and feign death.
    But then again hunters didnt need cooldowns? The only real pvp cooldown they had was feign death + trap. Since you couldnt use traps in combat and feign death was only way to get out of combat in the middle of it.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I seem to recall Shammy Earthbind totems being a pretty big factor in some situations; especially fights like Razergore.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    This is somewhat true though fearward pulsed and it was party bound as well and the shaman had to plan to drop it before fear was cast. Dwarf fear-ward helped keep tanks from taking critical or crushing blows since well most Vanilla tanks didn't have very fast reaction time on Beserking. But yes Salvation/Kings/Wisdom/Sanctuary(lol) Were extremely powerful since they were raid wide abilitys.

Cant wait to level my paladin just for my dreams to be crushed all over again. Cleanse/buff bot here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    yeah nice try op i was world first naxx player, best blood dk on my server
    Fail! DKs didn't even exist back then! I actually cleared MC when it was still relevant and have the Core Hound mount to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Didn't alliance shamans NOT have bloodlust and got heroims in a later patch. Because I remember at one point horde had BL and ally didn't.
    Both bloodlust and Heroism were Added to the game in TBC, along side alliance Shammy and Horde Pally. The reason people think Bloodlust was 1st /older is because it was an ability in the old Warcraft game.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Didn't alliance shamans NOT have bloodlust and got heroims in a later patch. Because I remember at one point horde had BL and ally didn't.
    Bloody hell, talk about necroing a nearly 2 year old thread.

It wasn't? I always assumed it was.

I never played horde until Cata so I have no point of reference, I guess Alliance were considered great for fear ward and pally buffs? I remember Horde had an advantage on the bug trio with poison cleanse totem too, I guess it was tighter than I remember....still a slight advantage to alliance, but still tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Wasn't alliance BETTER suited to pve back in vanilla anyway, bloodlust or no?
    yup. alliance was objectively better than horde for pve in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    yup. alliance was objectively better than horde for pve in vanilla.
    Granted, I'm far from an expert. I only did battlegrounds enough to get to master sergeant in vanilla once and my pve exploits involve one or two Onyxia kills and a Zul'Gurub clear and one or two MC bosses. But I remember hearing back in the day that Alliance had better pve tools via paladin, like blessing of salvation, and horde had better pvp tools.

That said I could be misremembering or heard it from misinformed people.

It’s kind of funny. All through vanilla, the horde believed Paladins were OP while the alliance believed Shamans were OP.

Then BC hit and both sides got access to both... and almost no one ever accused Shamans of being OP ever again.