Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    Yeah let's drop a broken game with Rogues dominating. The problem here is mate, everyone know how their classes will perform. Back in the days you mostly didn't had a clue, or you didn't even care because that didn't matter either way. But now, why would you hassle to play a Balance Druid?

Just think about it, we want the Vanilla experience to be good. Not just there for the sake of it.
    But the vanilla experience includes boomkin sucking, ret sucking, arcane not even being a spec. That was part of vanilla. If specs that did not exist back then are existing now, then it's not vanilla, it's something else. Vanilla is much more than just lvling slowly and waiting for every quest mob respawn for over 15 minutes. Class balance was a huge part of what made vanilla and it needs to stay that way.

7+ Year Old Account
    No changes for vanilla= better game
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    No changes for vanilla= better game
    Objectively false statement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    You havent played vanilla then.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    But the vanilla experience includes boomkin sucking, ret sucking, arcane not even being a spec. That was part of vanilla. If specs that did not exist back then are existing now, then it's not vanilla, it's something else. Vanilla is much more than just lvling slowly and waiting for every quest mob respawn for over 15 minutes. Class balance was a huge part of what made vanilla and it needs to stay that way.
    Biggest pile of shit I've read today, if that is YOUR vanilla experience then so be it. But I for one hated the fact that some specs were not even doing remotely well to even be considered. But hey, if you played a Rogue then sure, keep it as it is ay?

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    I've played vanilla and still find alot of shit from vanilla boring AF.
    Some stuff that sucked ass:
    No map in dungeons
    Having to use multiple FP's to get to where you're going
    Having to fill your bags with arrows as a hunter
    Having to kill 50 fucking crabs to get the 5 questitems you needed, YAY FUN!

That's just the tip of the iceberg, vanilla wasnt as awesome as people remember.
    Then don't bother playing it. Don't say "I want this and this" because you actually want to try it. Play it like it is, or stay away. It is THAT easy.

Deleted
    Another objectively false statement

Deleted
    I played Vanilla. You are wrong.

Who is this thread directed towards? It seems like you are directing this toward the pro vanilla crowd. The pro vanilla crowd wants Vanilla and no changes. The crowd who wants these changes are the retail people who don't like Vanilla but want to sabotage the Vanilla experience. I want Vanilla for all of its flaws.
    The people who want pure Vanilla are in for a rude awakening. There are a lot of people who never played Vanilla and would be interested in playing but would never give up certain MINOR QoL changes, bug fixes or graphical breakthroughs that vastly improved the game in every way. Those people might mean the future of WoW, because Blizzard is surely interested in keeping the game active for one or two more decades, and that means they have to present a polished, improved experience. Pure Vanilla isn't going to give that. If you want people to LOVE Classic, if you want Classic to be around for a long, long time, you have to embrace at least some minor changes.

Then don't bother playing it. Don't say "I want this and this" because you actually want to try it. Play it like it is, or stay away. It is THAT easy.
    People stay away = Classic servers die. Is that what you want?

It is just so great that it is Classic we get and not Vanilla.

Biggest pile of shit I've read today, if that is YOUR vanilla experience then so be it. But I for one hated the fact that some specs were not even doing remotely well to even be considered. But hey, if you played a Rogue then sure, keep it as it is ay?
    I started as a ret pally. Found out they suck ass and became a healer. It wasn't just MY experience, it was everybody's experience. The point here is absolutely not to make a new version for the people who want not-vanilla. The whole concept is to bring back what the game was back then. For 2 important reasons. First of all, that's what was asked, that's what people know, that's what the first people to ask for it want. Second reason, the people who keep saying "vanilla was so much better than this" in trade chat right now need to play it again (or for the first time cuz many are liars) and realize how full of shit vanilla was. And it's also part of its charm.

You're not the only one who hated ho specs were in vanilla, pretty much everybody did, there's no reason to like it, it was broken as fuck, no one is saying it's better. But the point of re-releasing vanilla is not to make it better, it's to relive it exactly how it was or at least as close to it as possible.

It's not to make a product for everyone, not at all, maybe you'll hate it, actually there's gigantic chances that you'll hate with, but seriously who cares? Do you loe every single games in th world? No, so just add vanilla to that list and move on.

I agree with the OP.

WoW Classic should be based on the original classic servers. No QOL changes/no bnet stuff/same old engine and no WOW tokens. Keep the same game as it used to be. For the people who want new stuff (or QoL changes), go play BFA and limit your level to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewhoknows View Post
    The people who want pure Vanilla are in for a rude awakening. There are a lot of people who never played Vanilla and would be interested in playing but would never give up certain MINOR QoL changes, bug fixes or graphical breakthroughs that vastly improved the game in every way. Those people might mean the future of WoW, because Blizzard is surely interested in keeping the game active for one or two more decades, and that means they have to present a polished, improved experience. Pure Vanilla isn't going to give that. If you want people to LOVE Classic, if you want Classic to be around for a long, long time, you have to embrace at least some minor changes.
    Im sorry but WoW Classic is mostly targeted towards the players that used to play WoW and want to play the same game which they liked. New players who never played WoW will not complain if there are no QOL changes on the server simply because they never played WoW, and if they dislike it... go play the new expansion.
    Last edited by Adlian; 2017-11-09 at 03:44 PM.

Yeah let's drop a broken game with Rogues dominating. The problem here is mate, everyone know how their classes will perform. Back in the days you mostly didn't had a clue, or you didn't even care because that didn't matter either way. But now, why would you hassle to play a Balance Druid?

Just think about it, we want the Vanilla experience to be good. Not just there for the sake of it.
    Yea no. You are part of the problem. OP and many people are pointing out the idiocy of boasting for years of vanilla was a MUCH better game and it was so great and bla bla bla. And now that there is a possibility of a classic server coming out, people start saying Ehhhm yes lets have a classic server BUT this should change, and that should change, and this should be added.

Either classic WoW was amazing, and it would be great to bring it back and it can even have more subscription then the current expac etc etc.. as you were claiming for years

OR

Vanilla was the unbalanced/bugged mess that you were nostalgic about and now that the reality is sinking in you that it might become reality, you are pivoting.

You can't have your cake and eat it to. Make up your mind.

Actually it's the exact opposite at least for me. If you are denying changes you likely have only played it n private servers and as a total casual. Can we just stop talking about This? It's not happening any time soon and they aren't even easy to begin yet. Go outside.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Yea no. You are part of the problem. OP and many people are pointing out the idiocy of boasting for years of vanilla was a MUCH better game and it was so great and bla bla bla. And now that there is a possibility of a classic server coming out, people start saying Ehhhm yes lets have a classic server BUT this should change, and that should change, and this should be added.

Either classic WoW was amazing, and it would be great to bring it back and it can even have more subscription then the current expac etc etc.. as you were claiming for years

OR

Vanilla was the unbalanced/bugged mess that you were nostalgic about and now that the reality is sinking in you that it might become reality, you are pivoting.

You can't have your cake and eat it to. Make up your mind.
    Unfortunately for you pal, we ARE going to have our cake and eat it. They are open to making improvements and changes and the retail crowd need to get this through their skulls

He is right it is an objectively false statement and I have played classic more than anyone. It doesn't mean they should add them though but if you are saying tbc was a downgrade I would question whether you've actually played classic or just played 1.12 on a private server.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I started as a ret pally. Found out they suck ass and became a healer. It wasn't just MY experience, it was everybody's experience. The point here is absolutely not to make a new version for the people who want not-vanilla. The whole concept is to bring back what the game was back then. For 2 important reasons. First of all, that's what was asked, that's what people know, that's what the first people to ask for it want. Second reason, the people who keep saying "vanilla was so much better than this" in trade chat right now need to play it again (or for the first time cuz many are liars) and realize how full of shit vanilla was. And it's also part of its charm.

You're not the only one who hated ho specs were in vanilla, pretty much everybody did, there's no reason to like it, it was broken as fuck, no one is saying it's better. But the point of re-releasing vanilla is not to make it better, it's to relive it exactly how it was or at least as close to it as possible.

It's not to make a product for everyone, not at all, maybe you'll hate it, actually there's gigantic chances that you'll hate with, but seriously who cares? Do you loe every single games in th world? No, so just add vanilla to that list and move on.
    The problem is, is that we already know now what speccs will be shit and what speccs will dominate. It won't work, people will FOTM because they already know how every class will play, and what not to play. It would be a stupid move by Blizzard if they just simply copy pasted everything from Vanilla without fine tuning some stuff. The only reason I am trying to discuss this is I want to play Classic as much as you do, but I don't want it to fail and be something that will eventually be deserted because no new players will be attracted to it. People who played Vanilla will not play the game forever, you've got to keep that in mind. It also needs new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how the same guy said "we don't want Vanilla" and now said we will get it lol

Yea again, you are wrong while insulting people who are just pointing out facts... kinda funny. You didn't like something from back then doesn't magically exclude it from the classic wow experience. He stated facts that X, Y, Z were a thing in classic, so if they are bringing back classic X, Y, Z should be there since what you wanted was a classic server.

You are saying ehh no I didn't like those parts of classic wow so they shouldn't be there. lol? Might wanna reconsider who is the "biggest pile of shit" commenter as you put it.

(Vanilla + pet QoL changes = better game) != objectively true statement.

There is no consensus on what changes would improve it. Try to please everyone and end up pleasing no one.

The target audience is former players of Classic, they want Classic.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Unfortunately for you pal, we ARE going to have our cake and eat it. They are open to making improvements and changes and the retail crowd need to get this through their skulls

Nah, I am definitely going to be playing on the classic server once it comes out.. If it is the classic wow that I played for years while it was current content. Not the unholy abomination that will be born if blizz decides to come up with some "new" classic server, caving into crying babies that first cried for years to have a classic server and now crying to have the new things that they were dissing about in the "retail" game.