Page 1 of 3
LastLast

We will never see vanilla

Blizzard made a vague announcement with zero details or timeline. Their intent behind this was to shut down the private server community as people stop playing to wait for the real thing, a plan that seems to be working. Blizzard will not release an actual vanilla server of their own.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Gasp ! They played us like a damn fiddle !

You could just go read the interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    You could just go read the interviews
    Exactly. Why spent all that time and $$$ in court trying to shut down these servers when a quick, free interview does the same thing since people like you believe everything you read?

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Blizzard made a vague announcement with zero details or timeline. Their intent behind this was to shut down the private server community as people stop playing to wait for the real thing, a plan that seems to be working. Blizzard will not release an actual vanilla server of their own.
    When they made a blue post explaining stuff about Vanilla people said the same thing.
    When they invited over the Nostalrius team to California people said the same thing.
    When they announced Classic at BlizzCon 2017 people still say the same thing.

...When they will open the servers what will people say? I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    When they made a blue post explaining stuff about Vanilla people said the same thing.
    When they invited over the Nostalrius team to California people said the same thing.

Notice how none of the preceding events you mentioned led to servers being opened?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Cool story, but I can't be bothered to trust someone with My Little Pony avatar/signature about matters of whether or not Blizzard will release a Vanilla server or not. You basically just shared your opinion and nothing of merit.

In other news, Blizzard is releasing Vanilla Servers, as was stated at both BlizzCon and subsequent interviews. So I don't know what this Pony is on about.
    Im guessing you're still waiting for Path of the Titan's as well, seeing as Blizzard announced that too? I hear Starcraft Ghost is getting rebooted as well.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dance Studio?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post

"So it was just prestine server, back to pservers, cya"

So the OP thinks blizzard has started hiring engineers to work on WoW classic as... a false flag operation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Notice how none of the preceding events you mentioned led to servers being opened?

- - - Updated - - -
    Notice how none of the preceding events were official announcement ?

Deleted
    Sorry OP but the vanilla servers are currently more crowded then before the announcment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    You'd guess wrong. DGAF about Path of whatever or Starcraft.

Blizzard announced Classic servers an official Blizzard sanctioned event. Excuse me if I don't buy into your paranoid rambling that has no facts to support it other than "cuz I said so".

We'll see Vanilla servers, it's just a matter of when.
    No they've never announced anything at Blizzcon that they canceled. Ever. Im sure this video from Blizzcon where they announced Path of the Titans is a fake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nTRPEIQoI

...Obviously the server wouldn't just magically open up after his post went up. How thick is your skull?

Nothing is ever 100% guarantee but im 85% leaning on the positive side. Blizzard is more trustworthy on this than not imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    ...Obviously the server wouldn't just magically open up after his post went up. How thick is your skull?
    The events he mentioned happened several years ago.

you're only at denial, that's the first stage

if you look at the forums most people are at bargaining already, catch up dude.

No they've never announced anything at Blizzcon that they canceled. Ever. Im sure this video from Blizzcon where they announced Path of the Titans is a fake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nTRPEIQoI
    Which turned into the glyph system. Announcing a new feature that doesn't pan out so you alter it and flat out lying to the crowd are two entirely different things.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Wait, did they say it will be released... soon?

Your confusing thesis has captured my attention. Tell me more.

But before you do, I would just like to point out that since the announcement of Classic Wow, there has been no noticeable drop in the number players playing private servers, according to realm status pages. And the longer it takes Blizzard to announce a release date, the less that original announcement will affect those number. If people believe that Blizzard is just blowing smoke up their ass, they will be less likely to make the switch.

Im guessing you're still waiting for Path of the Titan's as well, seeing as Blizzard announced that too? I hear Starcraft Ghost is getting rebooted as well.
    Having a feature be announced at Blizzcon != Having an expansion or server or game be announced. A lot of stuff gets scrapped and put into new things. Path of the Titans is a prime example of a feature that's likely what became Artifact Traits, though the new 8.0 Azurite system seems to be more in line with what we were expecting.

Notice how they never announced Titan was coming and we never even knew much about it.

This is a thing they are doing and you're delusional if you think they can just be like "oh btw we're not doing it". It's gonna be awhile (I expect late 2018 or early 2019, POSSIBLY even 2020 if they want to go that late with it), but they can't just go back on that. The backlash would be insane. Honestly, it would cost them more if they go back on that than just never announcing it because that's the kind of shitstorm that makes people quit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.