Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    If you think Sylvanas is just evil, then you must have a very narrow mind. Everything lately points to the opposite.

Let us review Sylvanas

Legion Intro - She shows clear respect for varian, and even saves his life by attacking an infernal that was no threat to heir own airship.

Broken shore - She VISIBLE hesitates to call for a retreat, despite a direct order from her warchief, only when he pleads for her to save lives does she call the retreat, using her val'kyr to carry wounded soldiers to safety, and later on the boat when she realises the consequence of her actions, she again show visible regret.

She is reluctant as all hell to pick up the mantle of warchief, but it is vol'jins dying wish that she does so.

Broken Isles - Here she clearly had an ulterior motive from the beginning, she has learnt of helya beforehand and she seeks to strike a bargain, because she has seen what awaits beyond undead, and she fears it, as would anyone. Her actions are cruel, crude and desperate, and because of this, she does also fail.

Before the Storm Prologue Chapter - She shows no real affection for the horde, displays clear annoyance over her being warchief and she is deeply offended by the desolate council and their will to not extend their lives any further. She also seems intent on bringing the war to the Alliance, probably more a matter of wanting Greymanes head on a platter.

- Now here we have a gap in the story, because some major shit clearly goes down between here and BFA main story with zandalar and kul'tiras.

But in the BFA Cinematic, we can see a horde ravaged by internal conflict and distrust, they lack zeal, they lack motivaiton and they lack belief in their cause. And this is apparent more so in Sylvanas than anyone else, she show genuine concern mixed with anger over the situation and eventually, she snaps. She goes into full on offense and disregards her own safety completely, she singlehandedly decimates several alliance soldiers and with a howling banshee cry she echoes one of the, if not THE most genuine "FOR THE HORDE" I've ever heard in Warcraft history. And you can SEE the light return to Saurfangs eyes, you can see him echo her zeal, you can see that he now see the Warchief in her. I never thought Sylvanas was fit to be warchief, I've for the longest time thought that an old school Thrall needed to return.

But you know what? The sylvanas I saw in that cinematic? I would follow her into battle any day. She was a true leader from that moment onwards, and you could tell, she now felt the horde for what it is. Her misfit extended Family.

Sylvanas is being taken in an amazing direction, and I applaud Blizzard for finally casting aside tropes and bullshit hollywood storyline thinking and going for something far more subtle, but much more effective.

I will keep posting this every time I see a topic with a person who clearly hasnt even tried to look at how Sylvanas behaves as a person.
    I will also copy/paste this if you don't mind.

But in the BFA Cinematic, we can see a horde ravaged by internal conflict and distrust, they lack zeal, they lack motivaiton and they lack belief in their cause. And this is apparent more so in Sylvanas than anyone else, she show genuine concern mixed with anger over the situation and eventually, she snaps. She goes into full on offense and disregards her own safety completely, she singlehandedly decimates several alliance soldiers and with a howling banshee cry she echoes one of the, if not THE most genuine "FOR THE HORDE" I've ever heard in Warcraft history. And you can SEE the light return to Saurfangs eyes, you can see him echo her zeal, you can see that he now see the Warchief in her. I never thought Sylvanas was fit to be warchief, I've for the longest time thought that an old school Thrall needed to return.

But you know what? The sylvanas I saw in that cinematic? I would follow her into battle any day. She was a true leader from that moment onwards, and you could tell, she now felt the horde for what it is. Her misfit extended Family.
    I disagree. I cringed at her yelling it. Especially since Blizzard took great care in showing her in the most obvious evil form possible right before it. The yell itself sounded cool because of the SFX...just like Arthas' "FEAR!" at the end of his Angrathar line. What are those Orcs and Tauren rallied by that cry fight for? The end of all life in the Kingdoms? Is that TRUELY what they should be fighting for? What they believe in?

Or do Tauren and Orcs simply fight for anybody who can scream "FOR THE HORDE!" loud enough? Because i believe THAT was the message Blizzard tried to send with this cinematic.

The scene i really, really hope for in BfA is Sylvanas turning full Lich King, Saurfang challenging her, she having Nathanos shoot him in the back during the duel and while you see her undead coming out slaughtering all the other Horde who came to witness the fight she bows down to a dieing Saurfang and whsipers into his ear: "For the Horde."

I know Horde players will disagree but that would the kind of turning point that really scratches up the story.

If you think Sylvanas is just evil, then you must have a very narrow mind. Everything lately points to the opposite.

Let us review Sylvanas

Legion Intro - She shows clear respect for varian, and even saves his life by attacking an infernal that was no threat to heir own airship.

Broken shore - She VISIBLE hesitates to call for a retreat, despite a direct order from her warchief, only when he pleads for her to save lives does she call the retreat, using her val'kyr to carry wounded soldiers to safety, and later on the boat when she realises the consequence of her actions, she again show visible regret.

She is reluctant as all hell to pick up the mantle of warchief, but it is vol'jins dying wish that she does so.

Broken Isles - Here she clearly had an ulterior motive from the beginning, she has learnt of helya beforehand and she seeks to strike a bargain, because she has seen what awaits beyond undead, and she fears it, as would anyone. Her actions are cruel, crude and desperate, and because of this, she does also fail.

Before the Storm Prologue Chapter - She shows no real affection for the horde, displays clear annoyance over her being warchief and she is deeply offended by the desolate council and their will to not extend their lives any further. She also seems intent on bringing the war to the Alliance, probably more a matter of wanting Greymanes head on a platter.

- Now here we have a gap in the story, because some major shit clearly goes down between here and BFA main story with zandalar and kul'tiras.

Sylvanas is being taken in an amazing direction, and I applaud Blizzard for finally casting aside tropes and bullshit hollywood storyline thinking and going for something far more subtle, but much more effective.

I will keep posting this every time I see a topic with a person who clearly hasnt even tried to look at how Sylvanas behaves as a person.
    You'd be a fucking moron. Sylvanas saw the Horde was losing and she utilized the only tactic that can bring them back on their feet and charging into battle: Scream "FOR THE HORDEEEE" real loud.

She doesn't give a shit about the Horde. Not during Broken Shore, not after it, not during the BfA cinematic. She's simply using them as meatshields to defend her territory.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-09 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The scene i really, really hope for in BfA is Sylvanas turning full Lich King, Saurfang challenging her, she having Nathanos shoot him in the back during the duel and while you see her undead coming out slaughtering all the other Horde who came to witness the fight she bows down to a dieing Saurfang and whsipers into his ear: "For the Horde."
    Maybe she got promised immortality by the old gods. That would explain the opposition in the Forsaken as well. Definitely a better explanation than the "other did it!" like her fan boys here want it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You'd be a fucking moron. Sylvanas saw the Horde was losing and she utilized the only tactic that can bring them back on their feet and charging into battle: Scream "FOR THE HORDEEEE" real loud.

She doesn't give a shit about the Horde. Not during Broken Shore, not after it, not during the BfA cinematic. She's simply using them as meatshields to defend her territory.

Infracted.
    You're making it sound like that matters. A Warchief doesn't need to be a teddy bear, all he/she has to do is leading with effeciency. And in her own way, Sylvanas does the trick overall; surely far better than Garrosh who used to "care" about the Horde but his Arthas-like emotional issues led him to eventually tear it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Maybe she got promised immortality by the old gods.
    Unlikely. That goes against the characterization of someone who broke the chains of slavery and submission and promotes free will as cornerstone of the society she created. Doing a bargain with the Old Gods is not like doing one with Heyla. It'll never going to rest on equal terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    You're making it sound like that matters. A Warchief doesn't need to be a teddy bear, all he/she has to do is leading with effeciency. And in her own way, Sylvanas does the trick overall; surely far better than Garrosh who used to "care" about the Horde but his Arthas-like emotional issues led him to eventually tear it apart.

Unlikely. That goes against the characterization of someone who broke the chains of slavery and submission and promotes free will as cornerstone of the society she created. Doing a bargain with the Old Gods is not like doing one with Heyla. It'll never going to rest on equal terms.
    Only as long as her interests line up with that of the Horde. As soon as that's no longer the case, she'll either manipulate them and use them for her own goals or cut loose of them altogether if that's not possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Only as long as her interests line up with that of the Horde. As soon as that's no longer the case, she'll either manipulate them and use them for her own goals or cut loose of them altogether if that's not possible.
    If Sylvanas does something messed up she'll be cut down accordingly. But it doesn't literally mean shit if she cares about anything or not. Only thing she has to do for staying alive is doing her job well.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    most interesting char in wow
    the best looking one
    undead

lol nope

unless blizzard wants to go under 1 mil subs.

No. They're distinctively different and therefor have different categories they fall into. Sylvanas' ethical bar is the lowest out of all the faction leaders(as it has always been) and in that sense any further plunges are hard to notice, whereas Garrosh had his bar for honorable conduct set pretty high, only to plummet within one patch.

Sylvanas was always borderline MoP Garrosh, whereas Garrosh wasn't always like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    most interesting char in wow
    the best looking one
    undead

lol nope

unless blizzard wants to go under 1 mil subs.
    You sold yourself.

Also people so delusional if they believe killing character will drop sub numvers...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Genn Greymane will and we'll be doing a siege of stormwind at the end of this expansion. Bookmark this prediction.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, Garrosh died because popular opinion turned against him. There's nothing Sylvanas could do that would turn fans against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Sylvanas has always been more Garrosh than Garrosh.
    This. Even Garrosh had to put her in her place because she was too edgy.

Garrosh Hellscream says: What difference is there between you and the Lich King now?
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Isn't it obvious, Warchief? I serve the Horde.

Maybe not instantly but over the time it would.

They will definitely not get rid of character that can provide super good storylines.

Maybe you should stop with your hatred and useless comments about people liking sylvanas just because she is hot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    Nah, Garrosh died because popular opinion turned against him.
    Nah, that's bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Nah, that's bullshit.
    Yea. Garrosh died because Blizzard couldn't coordinate their writers. While one side write him as strong and honorable leader other side write him as nazi scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I disagree. I cringed at her yelling it. Especially since Blizzard took great care in showing her in the most obvious evil form possible right before it. The yell itself sounded cool because of the SFX...just like Arthas' "FEAR!" at the end of his Angrathar line. What are those Orcs and Tauren rallied by that cry fight for? The end of all life in the Kingdoms? Is that TRUELY what they should be fighting for? What they believe in?

Or do Tauren and Orcs simply fight for anybody who can scream "FOR THE HORDE!" loud enough? Because i believe THAT was the message Blizzard tried to send with this cinematic.

I know Horde players will disagree but that would the kind of turning point that really scratches up the story.
    just shows how little you know of Her lore.I was not so keen on her being the warcheif and i never really knew her story,after learning it i found she is allot more than just some villian.You realize that is her banshie form that she hates right?She only used it because she had too.Look at and tell me when the last time you saw her use that form?She hasn't she saw her horde dying and did what she had too.They fought for her because she is their warcheif herp derp.Also she can't be the lich King he is in Northrend.Jesus when was the last time you played this game.you relaize he isn;t dead Bolvar is the Litch king smfh.

No, she won't. It would be too tired even for Blizzard's standard of writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post

Garrosh Hellscream says: What difference is there between you and the Lich King now?
    Yah, but isn't that true, though? Why did we oppose the Lich King? Was it because he did all sorts of stuff with the dead... or because he tried to kill us? I think we wouldn't have cared if he'd just decided to remain in Northrend and let us be.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2017-11-10 at 01:00 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post

That was Garrosh before they fully turned him batshit crazy.Also I think she has done some Growing since then.She now leads the Horde, not just the Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    If she is I hope she’s Garry done right and not turned into yet another raid boss.