Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    You're right, no body is being forced, but that is the argument every time something in game comes up from questing to raiding. Prestige is a thing, that is why we have achievements, mythic raids, challenge armor / weapons, and mage tower.

It is silly to think otherwise.
    But how is getting it in classic versus vanilla NOT a achievement itself? It should theoretically be just as hard right? Just as long as they don't add the game time token.

Why are the 3 dudes that want Vanilla Servers making all these threads all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    But how is getting it in classic versus vanilla NOT a achievement itself? It should theoretically be just as hard right? Just as long as they don't add the game time token.
    We already have vanilla achievements.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have vanilla achievements.
    Which really has nothing to do with the conversation.

I don't think anything will transfer over due to your concerns. At best there'll probably be an unrelated transmog or mount unlocked on the main servers for playing on the vanilla ones. Either something that was always unobtainable (come on, bengal tiger!) or something entirely new that wouldn't trample on past rarities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    If Blizzard is going to open official Vanilla servers, I expect they will feature a lot of vanity items that are currently exceedingly rare. I'm thinking primarily of the original epic class mounts that were retired in 1.4, but a lot of other things fall into this category, from the Zul'Gurub mounts to T3 and Naxx crafted gear, and perhaps even the Amani Battle Bear if legacy servers continue on to Burning Crusade.

Since I primarily play the game to collect stuff, I can't help but wonder... what sort of effect should we see from this on the Standard servers?

I'm sure many people will want to use the Classic servers to add legacy items to their Standard collections. It makes sense in a way. Since these items will be at least temporarily, if not permanently available on Vanilla servers, their value as keepsakes for people who used to play back in the day will be greatly diminished. Right now, your only chance of seeing a Green Kodo or an Ancient Frostsaber is to encounter a veteran player lucky enough to have kept one. With Classic servers, all you need to do is log there and you will potentially see them everywhere.

That being said, I don't think the people who lobbied for Classic would like their game to be modernized with mount and transmog tabs just for the sake of collectors, and many collectors might not enjoy feeling like they "have to" play Classic intensively to get something they want to use in Standard.

So I propose two potential solutions that would make everyone happy:

1. Simply reintroduce these mounts and transmogs to the Standard game, or change the means of acquisition from BMAH to actual gameplay. They can come from current content rather the old vendor or instance. They can even have new names, in order to preserve the integrity of the originals, simply add new mounts using those models. Since horses are receiving a graphic update in BFA, kodos already received one, and other mounts may get one too in time, the extra colors are particularly desirable.

2. Add hidden achievements on Classic servers that translate into rewards on Standard. For example, leveling a char to 60 will grant you a token in Standard WoW that you can exchange for one of the original epic mounts, killing KT on a Classic realms grants you a token you can exchange for a full T3 set in Standard, etc. This is more of a middle ground solution. There is no visible intrusion on Classic realms in the form of a Collector tab, and players still need to invest somewhat in their Classic characters to get the rewards, but a bit less than it would take to actually buy the mount or collect individual items.

What do you guys think? How would you like this handled?

P.S. To edgy Vanilla lovers who think Vanilla mounts and mogs should remain exclusive to Vanilla servers, don't be hypocrites. You wanted access to retired content in a way you could enjoy, and Blizzard listened to you. There is no reason why collectors shouldn't have the same expectations - only we don't want the gameplay, just the vanity items.
    I think it should be allowed. They set a precedent for this type of thing when they allowed people to earn old PVP gear no longer available, with the BMAH and similar methods of unlocking old sets that are no longer achievable in the traditional sense. So why not let people earn them the old fashioned way again?

Quote Originally Posted by woofpup View Post
    There was a post from Blizz a few months ago about "Pristine" servers now being called "Classic". In that post it said your toons and stuff on that server would NOT share anything with toons on other servers.
    pristine isnt classic, its modern wow content with classic wow systems.. what I really wish we could have instead of old wow

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to invest the time into classic I do feel you should be rewarded in the actual live game. It would be a nice bonus and actually incentivize players to play classic.

Deleted
    Er, no. I spent literally millions on my t3 sets. If you want them or the ZG mounts, you go farm for gold aswell.

1000% with the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think you all are understanding the level of effort required to get 60 and have 1,000g for an epic mount + training before the release of blackwing lair to which they then get removed(1.4) as someone who has played on pservers it is possible more then enough time but dont 60 warrants being able to buy that mount. also the mount itself isn't the expensive part, you can buy it off a vendor for 100g and wait to train the riding for 800g+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Princessy View Post
    Er, no. I spent literally millions on my t3 sets. If you want them or the ZG mounts, you go farm for gold aswell.
    Good to know buying tokens is hard.
    Also: those who never had the *luck* to get the drop shouldn't be punished because Blizzard decided to remove something and give no chance at people to get it like Challende Modes for example.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    ofc some former unobtainable mounts and mogs will be accountwide and not exclusive to classic, cuz gametime.
    btw a smart and profitable move to compensate the xtra costs by involving pl that otherwise wouldnt play "Classic". i still wont, cuz Vanilla = SM.

Ideally, I would want them to do a one-way crossover between vanilla and standard servers. If I get an unobtainable mount, pet, title, or complete a questline that rewards an achievement (lock/pally/druid mount questlines, hunter bow etc), I would want them to show up on standard servers. However, vanilla servers should remain exactly as they were back then, no transmog, no achievements, mount/pet tab etc.
    This way, it would add more incentive to do the content, especially if you would play both standard and vanilla servers.
    I dont mind either way, but would definitely play the vanilla servers a lot longer if rewards carried over to standard realms.

Which really has nothing to do with the conversation.
    Again, we already have vanilla achievements.

In vanilla the achievement was doing it, no additional reward.

In that case, don't you think the fact that people will once again be able to do them diminishes the achievement of those who have done it in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    In that case, don't you think the fact that people will once again be able to do them diminishes the achievement of those who have done it in the past?
    No achievements in vanilla, just accomplishments.

You need both?

Along the same lines of the OP, along with a few others on this thread, here would be my interpretation of how to implement these ideas.

Before I start, let me state this to begin. Anything that you accomplished in vanilla wow before the cataclysm is now either an achievement or a Feat of Strength in current game. Also, any transmog that your character could equip is also in your wardrobe for any quest you completed in vanilla. So, I see not issue in expanding these ideas forward.

Now, I have seen this stated many times before, but I don't want someone coming in and stealing my gear cause they want it for transmog. A little note, in vanilla it was done, but not for transmog, it was done solely to sell that item. Gold was hard to come by and many times people would ninja loot just to vendor said items. If blizzard sets vanilla to what it was this would still be the case and a much more annoying thing than someone wanting something to add to transmog. Also, people could roll on plate even if they couldnt equip it. Secondly, in a raid environment, trust me, there would not be this going on, the guild will be trying to gear people up so good luck getting that piece of gear over another just cause you want it for transmog. It will also be a very large time investment to be able to raid naxx and people would not be getting t3 just handed around, again, the amount of loot vs number of players was nowhere near what it is today so gearing up was a long process, unless you were the main tank.

Now the next question here.. should we be able to unlock transmog for quests we do. My answer is yes. Why not? Please tell me what it is taking away from you that people who are doing the "same" content you did to unlock this transmog as others did back in the day who have it is hurting you in any way. Also, if you do not plan on playing classic servers your opinions are not needed. I would seriously love to know why someone would have an issue with this. It does not take away from the gameplay and since there was no transmog in vanilla it would be a oneway unlock.

What I think quite alot of people here are thinking is that you will be 60 in 2 days, this is not the case, you will be leveling for weeks to get to 60 in classic, anyone who would like to spend this time to do quests on different classes to unlock quest transmogs is dedicated. They are doing it the way it originally was and spending alot of time to attain this. Again, I do not see how this is taking away from your experience in any way, form, of fashion, if anything it will increase the amount of people leveling in classic and allow for more grouping out in the world and a better playing environment.

These are solely my opinions on the subject, but feel free to give me yours as well. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account

You are not making any sense. I am not talking about achievements in terms of the points you get for doing thing. More literal.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think it'll end up being a way to unlock unobtainable transmog. blizzard's stance on things like corrupted ashbringer, scarab lord, etc is that you didn't earn it when it was hard so we're not going to take that away from the players who did. now it'll be hard(?) again so they might just let the people who do the work get the transmog/mount. who knows. if it happens i do expect a lot of backlash from people who thought they were special.

personally i'm way too lazy to try to get any of this old shit whether it's unlockable or not. i think they should leave it be so we don't have people rolling on gear they'll never use just to unlock it for their retail accounts.