Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    I never got the chance to play Vanilla though I know people that did and I really want to experience it. The only thing I think would need to be changed is any game breaking bugs that had to be patched out (things like the Hakkar Blood Plague), purely because there's no point leaving them in when the devs are aware of them and know how to fix them.
    Yup exactly. No modern era things should be added. As long as the game is playable, do that. Unkillable C'thun cannot be in it obviously. I've seen people want shit like mythic or harder raid difficulties and LFG "but you have to go to the stone still!11". No. Just no.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Many ppl like still the challeging part of Warcraft and thats long gone in the Retail Version. Ofc crybabies are afraid ppl leaving the Legion whatever servers to play Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxzar View Post
    Many ppl like still the challeging part of Warcraft and thats long gone in the Retail Version. Ofc crybabies are afraid ppl leaving the Legion whatever servers to play Classic.
    This right here is why I don't like people that want vanilla, they are largely just assholes, so I had hoped they never got what they wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

And what do we call those who dump on retail with threads in this forum like "Classic will kill WoW"? Or the pure zealots who try to start arguments?

Anti-Retail-ers?

There's no one side in this. Both extreme sides are just as bad as each other.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really against classic servers, I am however sick to death of the self-entitled delusional jerks who advocate for them.

I get it, you don't like the current game, bully for you, I think its the best its ever been. I think classic will be cancer because I actually remember playing it, but I simply plan on not playing it. Maybe you could return the favour instead of spouting insane dribble like "classic will kill current!!!!" and "it will be 10 million subs!!!!" and "hope current dies", etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Since you want to know why: Because Vanilla is outdated and they (including me) believe people are confusing nostalgia with what it really was like.
    I am reminded of the phrase, "You think you do, but you don't". I would recommend against projecting your feelings onto others.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    So it goes from "No one wants this" to "Blizz would never do this" to "People wont like it"

Every time they are proven wrong they just change their argument. Why do these people dislike vanilla so much?
    To be fair, "Blizz would never do this" was a fairly logical conclusion, given that they said countless times that they would not do it.. The talks with Nostalrius even appeared to ammount to nothing, and even still we may yet be waiting 2 years for this project... It's not so difficult to understand why those things were the common view.

And despite all the hype created, it's seeming ever more clear that Classic WoW doesn't have the same interest that Battle For Azeroth has, the discussions about classic are considerably less active on MMO and official forums than the discussion around BFA, and a lot of the discussion revolves around people trying to modernise or change Vanilla, and people arguing their points. While the purists (of which I am one) are more numerous than the ones who wish to change the game, the playerbase interested in BFA is seemingly much larger.

I'd be very surprised if Classic sustains 50% of the retail games playerbase beyond the initial launch period.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    So it goes from "No one wants this" to "Blizz would never do this" to "People wont like it"

Every time they are proven wrong they just change their argument. Why do these people dislike vanilla so much?
    I didn't think they'd do it and still think it's a mistake (they say they won't do BC servers but you can't believe them now, because of this precedent).

That said, I hope those of you who wanted Vanilla servers like them... BUT...

I have zero patience with the people who are all of a sudden, after getting what they've long wanted, asking for Vanilla.... but with functional, gameplay changes. Those people? Screw them. It's like asking for a present for Christmas for years... you want that bike... and then you get that bike... but you whine about the color and what pedals it has.

So, if you're one of those? Why do YOU dislike Vanilla so much that you want to change it?
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-11-10 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

It's pretty ridiculous. Sometimes we like to play older video games, like FF6, or Super Mario World. Same holds true for classic WoW. People tend to think their opinion is correct, and don't take the time to understand others can have different viewpoints.

Since you want to know why: Because Vanilla is outdated and they (including me) believe people are confusing nostalgia with what it really was like.
    You do know private servers exist right?

There's zero nostalgia, I can see what vanilla was like right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    You do know private servers exist right?

There's zero nostalgia, I can see what vanilla was like right now.
    Ok. What class(es) do you play on this private server?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Ok. What class(es) do you play on this private server?
    Tried a few of them over the years, Not playing any private server at the moment.

How does what class you play relate to nostalgia though?
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

Kinda of the same reason all the people whining about wanting "vanilla" servers are now whining and begging for non vanilla changes to said servers

Tried a few of them over the years, Not playing any private server at the moment.

How does what class you play relate to nostalgia though?
    Your ability to enjoy Vanilla in part corresponds to what class and spec you like to play. If you enjoy being a Prot Pally for example what do you do in Vanilla? Class and spec balance and design in Vanilla was atrocious.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think blizzard wouldn't do it since they pretty much said they weren't going to do it. Even some of the players that heard before the announcement thought they were being trolled. I'm sure a lot of ppl won't like it but it will have a smaller dedicated player base than wow. Even now a lot of ppl r asking for qol changes to vanilla, it will be interesting to c what blizzard does. Qol changes could alienate the players who want vanilla the most since it won't be a true vanilla, but w/o them it will be a niche game. I could care less about vanilla, I'll probably mess around w/ it a little here and there when I get board but I won't dedicate to playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    This right here is why I don't like people that want vanilla, they are largely just assholes, so I had hoped they never got what they wanted.
    why generalise an entire fan base off of what some dude said on a forum? There's plenty of people that just want to play classic again for the nostalgia. "I dont want people to have fun because they're assholes" what does that even mean?

Same reason why some people watch Towelliee streams. They are just dumber than rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Your ability to enjoy Vanilla in part corresponds to what class and spec you like to play. If you enjoy being a Prot Pally for example what do you do in Vanilla? Class and spec balance and design in Vanilla was atrocious.
    That's funny because originally i played a Paladin, The whole "every class should be able to do everything" came later in WoW.

I honestly don't care if Paladins aren't a viable tank, They don't need to be.
    Yeah.

We have *endless* amount of whining here and everywhere else whenever something is not tuned "just right" or is missing certain QoL features.

Vanilla is basically full of that. If you want "Vanilla", you'll have to live with that. But the majority of WoW players will most likely not be able to do just that. Source: Just read posts and comments on every WoW-related enviroment/discussion board you can think of.

That means you'll have to do quests that are worse and more repetitive than current quests, outdated quest design in general, to a certain degree - really clunky and awkward class design with lots of useless stuff build into it that random noise and doesn't add anything to the game. Really simplistic boss-mechanics by today's standards (I'm sorry, but that is just the truth and I won't consider this an "opinion" of mine, if someone wants to argue me on this I might as well argue with that person about how shit smells unpleasantly/doesn't smell at all) and so on and so forth.

If people are saying "but they can implement certain QoL to Vanilla now" - Well, then they don't want Vanilla either then, so what's the point?

I can't even imagine how these people will, all of a sudden, cope with the fact that you can't fly in Vanilla-WoW.
    Just quoting this since it says pretty much everything I would have wanted to say.

I will just add:

People don't "dislike vanilla." Vanilla was amazing. 13 years ago. But you're never going to get back the excitement and wonder that came with launching the game for the very first time and stepping out of the gate that led to Northshire Abbey or The Den to explore a completely new world.

That's funny because originally i played a Paladin, The whole "every class should be able to do everything" came later in WoW.

I honestly don't care if Paladins aren't a viable tank, They don't need to be.
    Of course they don't need to tank. They just have to press cleanse ad nauseum. That was sensible raid and class design at the same time.

Actually what I do expect is:
    Ret Pallies are for DPS
    Prot Pallies are for Tanking
    Holy Pallies are for Healing

How well did that go in Vanilla?