Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Truth really sets you people off it seems.
    Coming from you of all people?

Fucking gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well as I said it's possible to drive while having had a beer or a glass of wine. Some can some can't, in general it's not a great fucking idea, and if you do make it home and someone says you hit their car on the way home yeah, it's a crime.

If you or someone gets drunk, and they go OMFG this shouldn't have happened, and more importantly it wouldn't have and it can be proven one party or enough facilitated that for the specific results, yes, it's rape.

- - - Updated - - -

Fault, I don't know did you plan on getting drunk and Singing the "Hey Mickey" song, or did someone get you drunk so they could take pictures of you in a thong, clown make up and pom pom's.

Maybe put that shit on Facebook, and make Christmas emails with it.
    You are so out of touch with reality it is actually sad. So the millions of drunk people, globally, that meet at bars and clubs every night to have drunk sex with strangers are rapists?

So if the woman isn't actually hysterically begging for sex, she actually means no, or some such thing?

At this rate, using hookers is going to be the safer bet eventually.

"It should have a clear definition but it doesn't."
    Yes it does: No means no.
    Period.
    If someone says they do not want to, no matter how it's phrased.
    Then that is your answer.

Unless you and the other person have discussed it previously and you're acting out non-consensual sex. In which case, that is what a safety word and gesture are for. If either are said/done. Then it stops, right there. If it doesn't, grats, that's rape now.

That whole article sounds a lot like: "I know 'no means no' but I want an excuse to 'misunderstand it' anyway."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    You are so out of touch with reality it is actually sad. So the millions of drunk people, globally, that meet at bars and clubs every night to have drunk sex with strangers are rapists?
    So millions of people that once own slaves were wrong? Uh Yes
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

So millions of people that once own slaves were wrong? Uh Yes
    Lol god, I genuinely feel sorry for you and your closeted life. I don't know why you're trying to lecture people on a topic/environment that you clearly have 0 experience with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    Lol god, I genuinely feel sorry for you and your closeted life. I don't know why you're trying to lecture people on a topic/environment that you clearly have 0 experience with.
    Yes, I realize women with low self esteem and little self worth are still difficult to get to sleep with losers without alcohol to numb themselves perhaps or black out from the experience, but I think I will stick with the conscious women that I have no problem getting without any of that bullshit and I am fucking ugly.

There is no excuse, and yes I have been young and pathetic too, I still never worried about that. It's not a fucking puzzle or mystery, and if a guy has any fucking decency, he won't find himself in the situation where he thinks he needs to guess.

I focus on the "no means no" part because once someone says no at any time in an encounter most decent persons stop what they are doing and try to verify the well-being of the person raising the objection. So even if you are ready to blast-off, once your partner raises an objection, you simply stop what is happening. Maybe put your clothes back on and call it a night too. Nothing is ever going to be worth a criminal charge. Really, it's just that simple.

And if they aren't in a position to know what is going on to begin with, leave that person alone.

Always reading on here about being drunk and consent and but...but...but...

If you fuck someone that can't legally consent you are a total jerk.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2017-11-10 at 07:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So if the woman isn't actually hysterically begging for sex, she actually means no, or some such thing?
    This is what I've resorted to doing with my girlfriend, as she's made it abundantly clear that anything less than quivering sex-mania on her part is to be met with indifference on my part, lest she do the socially responsible thing and alert the authorities to my attempted rape.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Yeah, I am sure most women know exactly whether or not if they would fuck the rapist that got them drunk in the first place.
    Having drunk sex isn't rape in the first place. Got them drunk? As if women can't drink on their own?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Having drunk sex isn't rape in the first place. Got them drunk? As if women can't drink on their own?
    Yes as can the guy. So again if this is how you like to roll then that’s you.

Deleted
    Best if everyone just stops leaving bars with strangers. Like, completely. Never ever leave a bar or a club or any place where you're intoxicated, with a stranger. I mean, sure, the human species will probably start dying off at a rapid pace, but at least we can fix the problem of consent when drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Murder? Probably not. They would get manslaughter and drunk driving charges I think. But your point that inebriation does not absolve responsibility stands.
    And yours doesn't, you are conflating the actions of a victim with an alleged perpetrator.

What you are implying is that the person who was raped is equally culpable as the person doing the raping.

If you cant see that ts a ridiculous manner in which to run a legal system then you are beyond hope.

By far the best consent is "informed consent". Picked up a girl in a fancy car that you borrowed and you had wildly enthusiastically consented sex? If you didn't tell her the car wasn't yours beforehand, RAPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    By far the best consent is "informed consent".
    When two smart people are going to engage in sex, this is easy.

The issues arise from the non-smart people attempting to engage in sex.

They need a manual that spells out each step in detail. There is an untapped market there.

Well, at least for the ones that don't own a religious manual. =P

we need Chappelle's Love Contract

Here is a plan... don't get drunk

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have a sign on your home entrance that states "all activities inside and outside the premises are recorded for security and protection. By entering the premise, you agree to abide by these rules."

Then when the shit hits the fan, submit video evidence.

(I doubt it would really hold up, but fun to think about off the wall solutions for off the wall problems.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Well shit, I'm a rapist guys. I always take advantage of my wife, and she never gives consent.
    I always thought that was covered in the "to have and to hold"...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I feel like you might be conflating the words "or" and "and". That's a weird mistake to make if you're being remotely honest. Huh.
    I genuienly feel bad that you were patient enough to respond in this thread, I know that might sound stupid coming from me, but damn you were getting some obtuse answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Well that's utter bullshit.
    Explain how making a decision while drunk is okay for one person but not for the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    This is, fundamentally, how things would have to work. Either you are in complete control of your actions while you are drunk or you cannot consent to any decision while drunk. Keeping it morally grey for as long as we have is an insult to all genders, frankly.
    That's completely true. It's a fucking witch hunt, trying to create a victim and a criminal. While in fact people are victims of their own self destructive tendencies in cases like these.