Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why? It's an ugly spell. Just make fel barrage baseline and it can be our replacement for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Why? It's an ugly spell. Just make fel barrage baseline and it can be our replacement for it.
    That would be sick actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Demon Hunter still not getting a 3rd spec? How much time needs to go by before DH gets a 3rd spec already.
    what would it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    I don't see how. Why would you ever not be targeting something in combat? The game now auto-targets nearest enemy when using most damaging abilities anyway. The other way to do it would be how First Blood works (First Target Hit).
    It's like mobs in packs are dying from other dmg sources every second, right? You also NEVER actually used EyeBeam while having targeted something completely different too?

Could someone copy and paste the changes onto here? When I click that link on wowhead, page comes up blank regardless of my adblocker being on or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    It's like mobs in packs are dying from other dmg sources every second, right? You also NEVER actually used EyeBeam while having targeted something completely different too?
    You misunderstand. The 100% damage boost is to primary target. They are not nerfing the current value in aoe, they're just adding a ST bonus to it. Your aoe won't suffer for not having a target selected.

Deleted
    You misunderstand. The 100% damage boost is to primary target. They are not nerfing the current value in aoe, they're just adding a ST bonus to it. Your aoe won't suffer for not having a target selected.
    I think I understand quite correctly. My dmg will suffer IF I happen to have a different target selected than the aoe pack I am using EyeBeam on (or no target at all), IF they don't code EyeBeam mechanic to enforce taging an enemy. As opposed to someone who WILL have a target selected AND it will not die immediately when they start casting EyeBeam. I understand it's harder to understand if you don't run m+ (especially faceroll lower keys).

Initial Vengeance changes are a pretty significant nerf, but looks like that way for initial tank changes across the board. I hope all golden traits will be baked into classes in general.

I think I understand quite correctly. My dmg will suffer IF I happen to have a different target selected than the aoe pack I am using EyeBeam on (or no target at all), IF they don't code EyeBeam mechanic to enforce taging an enemy. As opposed to someone who WILL have a target selected AND it will not die immediately when they start casting EyeBeam. I understand it's harder to understand if you don't run m+ (especially faceroll lower keys).
    I run m+ just fine, and I don't understand what you're complaining about. If your target dies quickly and you don't get the full bonus of the main target eyebeam, what's the harm? The priority target that needed to die died faster and your group doesn't need to worry about it. Damage to the other adds stays same as live.

It's virtually a non-issue other than if you want to pad meters. In which case you rolled the wrong class for m+.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-11-09 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    I run m+ just fine, and I don't understand what you're complaining about. If your target dies quickly and you don't get the full bonus of the main target eyebeam, what's the harm? The priority target that needed to die died faster and your group doesn't need to worry about it. Damage to the other adds stays same as live.

It's virtually a non-issue other than if you want to pad meters. In which case you rolled the wrong class for m+.
    I think you might be projecting your own mentality onto me, mate. I have not complained about anything. Just pointed out with a lot of "IF's" what you agree with me on - you just wrote it differently as in
    you don't get the full bonus of the main target eyebeam
    - IF implemented this way, it's a punishing mechanic. Do you know IF they will implement it this way? Without changing EB mechanic? Without changing tag-mechanic? I don't ... but yeah, please teach me more about complaining, wrong chaoice and whatnot. In other words: you are right, if that's what you are after in ze internetz.

I think you might be projecting your own mentality onto me, mate. I have not complained about anything. Just pointed out with a lot of "IF's" what you agree with me on - you just wrote it differently as in - IF implemented this way, it's a punishing mechanic. Do you know IF they will implement it this way? Without changing EB mechanic? Without changing tag-mechanic? I don't ... but yeah, please teach me more about complaining, wrong chaoice and whatnot. In other words: you are right, if that's what you are after in ze internetz.
    It already exists in windwalker, and their fists of fury was exactly changed from the same scenario eyebeam was in to a main target benefit with less damage on secondary targets. That was its entire purpose, to increase the viability of the skill on a single target without imbalancing the aoe output.

It's a good change through and through, and it fixes eyebeam not being wanted in a single target rotation.

Ideally they should also reduce the cd of eyebeam to 25-30 seconds as well.

Or alternatively keep it the same cd and bake fell barrage baseline.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-11-09 at 09:16 PM.

I feel like they should bake in Delusions into the spec. It makes Meta a much more interesting ability.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why in the world do we need a third spec for those asking for it?

One tank and one dps spec is enough, considering we are playing melee demon-souled marauders. Healing makes no sense and unless you're wanting some silly 2-hander spec, we don't have a need for a 'ranged' spec.

What would we throw? Our edginess?
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

And you are against second DPS spec because why? Mages can throw fireballs and frostballs, why DH can smash things only with 1 spec?

Dont you think adding third spec would be a good addition to the class? Not only people could try something different without rerolling completly but also this would allow us to have some options between tiers when havoc does not perform that well or when we dont like set bonus for the spec.

Noone would force you to play that spec, noone asking for removing havoc, why having more options is a bad thing for some people? I just dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And you are against second DPS spec because why? Mages can throw fireballs and frostballs, why DH can smash things only with 1 spec?

Dont you think adding third spec would be a good addition to the class? Not only people could try something different without rerolling completly but also this would allow us to have some options between tiers when havoc does not perform that well or when we dont like set bonus for the spec.

Noone would force you to play that spec, noone asking for removing havoc, why having more options is a bad thing for some people? I just dont get it.
    There's just no logical differentiating 2nd dps spec that a Demon Hunter could be unless they cooked up some bullshit like hovering Illidan caster. Demon Hunters are glaive-wielding frontline melee fighters. Blizzard is serious about making sure class decisions fit logically and lore-wise and there's just no 'there' there with this idea. It's a proverbial nothing-burger. Blame blizzard for making DH lore so shallow.
    Last edited by Ysho; 2017-11-10 at 12:46 AM.

And yet there are arms and fury warriors and both spec are different and fun to play. They are not "frontline melee fighters"?

Im sure so experienced with game design and talented people that Blizz have could come up with good ideas if they want. Its like saying warlocks should have 1 spec because it should be about summoning demons and not some destro mage stuff.

And who would think about rogue as fuking pirate before Legion? And gues what? People are enjoying also outlaw.

So dont tell me theres not enough lore for different DH spec because Blizzard is making all time new one and they always can come up with some good gameplay mechanic, completly different than havoc.

And yet there are arms and fury warriors and both spec are different and fun to play. They are not "frontline melee fighters"?

Im sure so experienced with game design and talented people that Blizz have could come up with good ideas if they want. Its like saying warlocks should have 1 spec because it should be about summoning demons and not some destro mage stuff.

And who would think about rogue as fuking pirate before Legion? And gues what? People are enjoying also outlaw.

So dont tell me theres not enough lore for different DH spec because Blizzard is making all time new one and they always can come up with some good gameplay mechanic, completly different than havoc.
    Difference being that demonhunters are restricted to certain weapons and Illidan's depiction of a demonic rogue-like character.

Warriors are about as generalist as you can get.

Destro warlock are not destro mages. Warlock players try to get rid of demons and want just green fire, but that's retarded because what defines a warlock is their pact with demons, the casting of curses through void magic, and fel fire. If you want a fire mage, go play one.

A demonhunter without glaives is not a demonhunter, that simple. It's like a druid with no shape shifting or a shaman without elementals.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-11-10 at 07:12 AM.

Deleted
    Difference being that demonhunters are restricted to certain weapons and Illidan's depiction of a demonic rogue-like character.

Warriors are about as generalist as you can get.

Destro warlock are not destro mages. Warlock players try to get rid of demons and want just green fire, but that's retarded because what defines a warlock is their pact with demons, the casting of curses through void magic, and fel fire. If you want a fire mage, go play one.

A demonhunter without glaives is not a demonhunter, that simple. It's like a druid with no shape shifting or a shaman without elementals.
    Uhm ... Allari the Souleater - Havoc follower, wields scythe ... also the whole "Outcast" band of followers wielding polearms, swords and daggers (Akama) ...
    Yep - no room for any changes there, you're right. Obviously.

"Demon Hunters primarily use Warglaives, but can also equip daggers, fist weapons, 1H Swords, and 1H Axes."
    If you really think in BfA DH will use only glaives after artifacts are gone then think again pls. Theres basically 0 arguments against third spec and as pointed out theres already DH NPCs that use scythes. And whats the problem to use warglaives with third spec also?

"Demon Hunters primarily use Warglaives, but can also equip daggers, fist weapons, 1H Swords, and 1H Axes."
    If you really think in BfA DH will use only glaives after artifacts are gone then think again pls. Theres basically 0 arguments against third spec and as pointed out theres already DH NPCs that use scythes. And whats the problem to use warglaives with third spec also?
    Actually from the beginning of Legion, I always xmogged my weapon to swords. So its not a problem for me.