Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

friendly zandalari

why are they friendly ?

we fought them in MOP both the alliance and the horde
    they were clearly hostile to all, what has changed ?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Afaik those we fought in cata/MoP were followers of Zul, not Rastakhan. Apparently the two had a falling out and in BfA there's a sort of civil war going on between them

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Afaik those we fought in cata/MoP were followers of Zul, not Rastakhan. Apparently the two had a falling out and in BfA there's a sort of civil war going on between them
    Pretty much, also in one of the demo vids I saw a boss quote something about Zul need to get ready?
    I hope that King Rastakhan will stay king and just help these guys out trying to find Zul and stopp him from summoning Hakkar (own theory there)
    Also any news about Bwonsambi? is he ressing Vol'Jin or what will happen with Thral and hes urn..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    We don't really know yet. Time will tell.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Zandalar is basically facing a Civil war between followers of Rastakhan and followers of Zul.
    We ally with Rastakhan and help put and end to Zul and his schemes.

I only hope Darkspear trolls get a unique dialogue option, considering they were the only troll tribe to oppose them before
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

As far as I'm aware every Zul'Something (Zul'Aman, Zul'Farrak, Zul'zul'zul'zul'zul'zully'zul) are followers of Zul, the prophet who you might remember from MOP as warning Rastakhan of the cataclysm and ultimately leaving him to watch his nation be ripped in half down the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Zandalari we fought in Cata/MoP were followers of the Prophet Zul. From what I recall; Zul had seen visions of the Cataclysm and the effect it would have on Zandalar, Rastakhan dismissed this vision initially, and after Zul kept pressing the issue, Rastakhan granted him access to the fleet. Eventually this came to pass and many of the Zandalari turned to Zul and they left with much of their ships to unite with what remained of the other Troll empires before going to claim more land as their own.

There's a Lorewalker Cho story about this in game you can view, pretty sure it's also on YouTube somewhere. Before Cata; the Zandalari were quite friendly towards the Horde and Alliance, willing to work alongside them to seal Hakkar away. There was also a couple of Zandalari in Cata who were still on good terms with the factions.

If I understood correctly, Cataclysm fucked their shit up, so Rastakhan was willing to go with Zul's plans to get them out of their predicament, but by BfA it seems Zandalar has divided into a religious sect led by Zul, and a conventional sect led by Rastakhan. The latter is willing to accept aid from outsiders.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

same with void elves, lightforged and highmountain, we are going to find out all the lore behind it in the quests to recruit them. its not going to be a "go click on them to join the horde"

Maybe we go to them, maybe they come to use, maybe its just a faction of em, maybe we only get the quest to get em to join us after we save their entire kingdom
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Wasn't MoP canonically half a decade ago at this point?

7+ Year Old Account
    My guess is Prophet Zul leads the faction against the Horde and Alliance. While as Rastakhan was perfectly fine with working with the Horde, as for the Alliance well something clearly happened to rustle their jimmies against them. Probably realized Horde was superior or just because we have trolls on our side.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    dang garrosh is so alpha
    that eyebrow lift gets me everytime

why did he have to go
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Deleted
    Rastakhan's faction needs help, the Horde give it. It's nothing more than an alliance for survival, much like Sylvanas in the past.

People keep asking how we can befriend a once enemy state....and all I have to ask is, Dark Irons? Its the same situation. Both factions have at one time or another attempted to take back control of Azeroth or summon a Malevolent Fire Elemental Lord.....The Thorium Brotherhood were always a faction of Dark Irons that were friendly-ish with players, as was a small group of Zandalari when the original ZG was out. They were against the Blood Magic the Gurubashi were practicing (hakkar controlled) and helped with enchants/gear for tokens found in the raid. You can never generalise an ENTIRE population based on a few degenerates. Also the Zandalari we fought and killed aren't the same trolls that stayed behind with King Rastakhan on Zandalar, the ones in MoP were the followers of Zul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know but I'm still sitting at exalted with the Zandalari and it's never gotten me anywhere, so...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    why are they friendly ?

we fought them in MOP both the alliance and the horde
    they were clearly hostile to all, what has changed ?
    I felt a bit weirded out by it too, especially since I used to be a fan until the cut themselves away from us by uprooting their little camp. I guess we are having them join as the king lost too much with people going with another to help with the Thunder King, and now he's vulnerable to threats and needs help.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    As far as I'm aware every Zul'Something (Zul'Aman, Zul'Farrak, Zul'zul'zul'zul'zul'zully'zul) are followers of Zul
    There are some specualtions about the meaning of the Zul' prefix in the troll language, such as it meaning "great", but it doesn't seem to necessarily be tied to Zul the prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Also any news about Bwonsambi? is he ressing Vol'Jin or what will happen with Thral and hes urn..
    Bwonsamdi will play a role in Nazmir. He also got a new model for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Rastakhan's faction needs help, the Horde give it. It's nothing more than an alliance for survival, much like Sylvanas in the past.
    So... Warchief Rastakhan then?
    That sounds cool
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Pretty much, also in one of the demo vids I saw a boss quote something about Zul need to get ready?
    I hope that King Rastakhan will stay king and just help these guys out trying to find Zul and stopp him from summoning Hakkar (own theory there)
    He’s Gona pull a cartman and drink the ashes mixed with milk