Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This is a sign that we are at stock market top.

Titanfall 2 sold poorly.
    Oh course it did. This is peak EA. Fund a game, pull the studio in. Set them up for a sequel to die and then 'save' them by buying them out. Turn them into their next yearly microtransaction factory till it suffers brain drain as key roles leave then shut it down and buy another.

Something had to replace visceral in the gimp box.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's already what it is, because the games are highly mediocre.
    I would have to disagree there. They are some of the best shooters to have come out in several years and TF2 as a whole was widely considered a great game. From it’s suprisingly good single player campaign to good multiplayer matches as well, not to mention it has gotten really good updates to it since launch, its all around one of the better FPS to come out in a long time.

Unfortunately, EA didn’t market the game as well as they should have and also sent it out to compete against their other big title at the time, Battlefield 1, which was a really dumb move. The marketing was done so poorly that surveys that were conducted showed that many PS4 owners didn’t even realize that TF2 came out for their console.....they just thought it was going to be Xbox/PC exclusive like the first one was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    who would sell themselves to EA? It's literally making a deal with devil. Is respawn stupid or were they legally forced to sell to EA?
    $400 million to the owner is a very very easy way to change minds.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    who would sell themselves to EA? It's literally making a deal with devil. Is respawn stupid or were they legally forced to sell to EA?
    Yes because I'm sure you would say no to 400 million dollars?

Right?

Titanfall 2 sold poorly.
    Titanfall 2 sold poorly because it was release literally between two juggernaut game releases. On top of that EA made a deal with Microsoft to have Titanfall 1 console exclusive and Respawn didn't know it. That was damaging to TF2 because many people on PS4 didn't have a clue what Titanfall was or if they needed to play the first one first.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is what is inevitable to happen horrid? Yes.

But in between the indie developers who worked their ass in overtime and likely put their family savings to create that game now got enough money to require.

The prospect of being acquired by EA may seem horrible to gamers (who nevertheless continue to support EA with their cash) but it's a good reason why someone might want to be a developer; make a great game and cash out by being acquired.
    Yep from a business standpoint its a smart move, Even more so when TF2 has likely not turned a profit for them.

I sure as shit wouldn't say no to 500mil, Hell I would do many things just for 10k LOL
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, not like titanfalls actually ended up being good games... they tried being innovative sure but not really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Don't misunderstand, EA's business practices are dodgy as hell (and the way it manipulates companies before acquiring them should not fly legally but I don't think the small companies involved have the cash to take them to court). I just wanted to make it clear that the companies we see acquired often are indie studios whose founders worked their asses off, likely placed themselves and/or loved ones in financial risk and now they are getting their pay off. That's a happy thought.
    Honestly I have far less trust that those people could keep making great games if EA did not acquire them anyway; there is such a thing as burnout and a small studio simply cannot manage the cashflows to deal with cycles of development (plus they often just have this one idea that works out and no followup). One great game and you are out is good enough for me if it motivates dozens of other developers to try and make that "one great game".
    Oh I don't disagree at all and didn't misunderstand ya

What EA does is shitty as fuck, But I know anyone here would love to get such a payoff. If given the option the people who go (Fuck EA) would say yes to 500mil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Meh, not like titanfalls actually ended up being good games... they tried being innovative sure but not really good.
    This is a matter of opinion.

In my opinion both are great games (TF2 being the clear better one). Also from what I hear the mobile game isn't bad ether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another developer that will inevitably shoehorn predatory transaction and gambling into an otherwise passable product.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

This whole thing stinks, and I'm just glad that I haven't supported EA for a long time.

This is a sign that we are at stock market top.

Titanfall 2 sold poorly.
    Which has nothing to do with, or doesn't really reflect the quality of, the game itself. The game was pretty awesome and had one of the most entertaining single player FPS campaigns I've played in a while.

Deleted
    This sucks badly, Respawn have an ear for the community like no other developer. I've thoroughly enjoyed TF2 and will remain playing whilst there are others doing so.

I've played a lot of fps (prefer arena) and whilst there are a couple of things which tilt me, overall it is a standout in a sea of ordinary. I can't think of another fps from the last 7 or 8 years I've had more fun playing.
    Last edited by mmoce90cf0ffae; 2017-11-10 at 06:38 PM.

what a shame, there goes titanfall, legit fun games.

I hope anyone who was worth a damn at the company finds a way to jump ship after they get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well that's fucken derpressing
    Derpressing is the right word.

Welcome to Electronic Arts, where games go to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's already what it is, because the games are highly mediocre.
    I thought the second one was pretty fun. If they didn't release it along side BF1, and actually advertised for it people would have been playing it so I could enjoy it longer. When I was trying to join multiplayer and having 5 minute queues 2 days into release. I just uninstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I thought the second one was pretty fun. If they didn't release it along side BF1, and actually advertised for it people would have been playing it so I could enjoy it longer. When I was trying to join multiplayer and having 5 minute queues 2 days into release. I just uninstalled.
    You should look into it again. Titanfall 2 has been something of a surprise as its the only fps game beyond overwatch thats had its userbase continually increase. But its just rarely reported on. Its not some colossal userbase but its higher than any call of duty last they reported it like 2 months ago. It didnt get big in the mainstream which means it got a core audience rather than a launch boom from the 'this is my yearly shooter' dudebro crowd and they stuck around and like R6 Siege the constant, positive word of mouth only made the game grow.

Its like the Anti Borderlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Welcome to Electronic Arts, where games go to die.
    you mean game developers.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Sadly a trend that will continue until the people who spend thousands on games like fifa 18 and maiden VXXXXXXXXX stop spending. You guys blame EA but they make money, the people you should really blame is the brain dead consumers who shell thousands on micro transactions for fifa and allowing the practice to continue..