Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is Elune an Elf?

When I look at Cenarius, I wonder where the elf half comes from.
    Was it Elune who evolved the dark trolls into the night elves, into her own image?
    So if there are worshipers on other worlds, could there be other elves in the cosmos?

I recall someone at Blizzard saying that Velen was correct when he suggested Elune was a Naaru on Twitter.

it was the powers of the Well of Eternity that made the trolls evolve into the elves but it could have been Elune that guided the process into the form they are today. Elune is powerful so im guessing she can change her form to what she sees fit for the time so the form the elves praise probably isnt her true form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    I recall someone at Blizzard saying that Velen was correct when he suggested Elune was a Naaru on Twitter.
    The reason why Velen thinks she could be one is because the similarities he feels but we learn in the game that Elune is older than the Naru and created them in part when the ordering of light and shadow took place.

5+ Year Old Account
    I personally believe Elune is the light equivalent of void lords, just as the old gods are the Naaru equivalent of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my head-cannon, Elune is actually the last titan. Similar to this post from last year:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...8977755#post-8

She's probably a Naaru according to Velen. I imagine that what has happened with Alleria is a foreshadowing for Elune as it gives a good explanation as to why non-nightelves would think of elune as a nightelf. Possibly more than foreshadowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    In my head-cannon, Elune is actually the last titan. Similar to this post from last year:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...8977755#post-8
    It was a good guess till they revealed she created the Naaru.

I'm with Vondoo, Elune is a Light Lord/Lady.

I thought Elune was just a made up deity and isn't actually real. The early night elves believed she lived in the well of eternity and started a religion around her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    She's probably a Naaru according to Velen. I imagine that what has happened with Alleria is a foreshadowing for Elune as it gives a good explanation as to why non-nightelves would think of elune as a nightelf. Possibly more than foreshadowing.
    I think Velen perceived something familiar regarding her, but was unaware of the magnitude of what he was actually dealing with it. She is the creator of the Naaru and probably far greater than they.

Elune is a very real entity just look at the ending cinematic to Val'sharah.

Our best guess at the moment is that she is most likely the entity that created the Naaru. And is most likely the polar opposite of the Void Gods.

I'll say it again, Cenarius is half elf. Where did that come from?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannus View Post
    I'll say it again, Cenarius is half elf. Where did that come from?
    I guess that's just the form Elune chose for cenarious

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    I thought Elune was just a made up deity and isn't actually real. The early night elves believed she lived in the well of eternity and started a religion around her.

Elune looks to be much more powerful than a Naaru. They seem to need to be in close proximity to effect anything. Elune came from like the moon or outer space in the cinematic, so i would guess her power is much greater. She may be the creator of Naaru, like others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    I guess that's just the form Elune chose for cenarious
    But Cenarius came long before the night elves. So they just happen to look the same?

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe Elune is a Naaru.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    elves are now the favored race by warcraft's current team of hacks so why not.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    elves are now the favored race by warcraft's current team of hacks so why not.
    Guess that's why their capital is being torched.

We know the Trolls were there before the Titan Constructs. Or at least: We have seen nothing so far as to how the Trolls evolved. We DO know however, that the Nightelves look like the form Elune choses life to give.

What if we learn at some point, that Elune created the Nightelves actually BEFORE the Trolls...but the Old Gods cursed them and Trolls are simply deformed Nightelves?

Anyhow, we will learn more about the creation of the Nightelves (and their form) when we learn more about the Trolls. Zandalar might shed some light on that!