Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No. Absolutely not.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Those were good items. Don't recall using them in BWL/AQ40. Especially Ironfoe. Weapon DPS mattered alot back then.
    Probably for 2 reasons.

1. Ironfoe was incredibly rare, like VERY VERY rare.
    2. Ironfoe was grossly underestimated by many.

Infact, Ironfoe on a human warrior with Anubisath in OH and worldbuffs will outperform most BWL weapon setups.

I advocate for pure Classic not because I think it would be best, but because it is what will be what everyone can agree on. One person's limited item stacks and bag space is another person's resource management game mechanic.

I'm not purist, just pragmatic. QoL changes are subject to widely varying opinion. What's fine for you is a deal breaker for the next guy. Etc.

And the more Classic tries to cater to everyone's changes the more it stops being Classic.

If Blizzard is seriously considering tweaking the formula I hope they do some very careful polling / data gathering.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

This is classic forum not prestine.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    Arent people just gonna be realise how basic classic was?

and how much they miss current conveniences.
    I think that the horse for that has long died and buried somewhere out there that no one can find it..

I won't play it if they change it at all. It better be just as awful as vanilla was.

Deleted
    I dare them to release it with flying just to see the sheer amount of crying on the forums.

On topic: None of the above with the exception of the Group Finder tool. As fun as spamming trade chat was, I think it's been one of the most useful tools released in years by Blizz.

What I would love to see though is the ability to unlock transmogs, mounts and titles for your main account but not vice-versa. No need for mount tabs, or achievements panes, just some way to unlock them for your main account from classic. Probably won't be too interested in playing through it much after the initial nostalgia rush if there aren't some lasting account unlocks to go for, especially with a new (depending on the time) expansion. I've already done the classic grind, I don't feel the need to do it again without incentive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    I won't play it if they change it at all. It better be just as awful as vanilla was.
    There are many more who won't play it if it doesn't have some QoL improvements. Just sayin'

What is it with all these threads about adding features to wow classic.
    They already have a mmo-game with all those features aimed at one audience, it whould be completly idiotic of them to move all of the features over to classic aswell if they are looking to attract a new audience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    There are many more who won't play it if it doesn't have some QoL improvements. Just sayin'
    Not entirely sure of those numbers do you have a source?

But ye, those that won't play are the people already subbed playing legion, so blizz doesn't need to cater to them since they're already paying.

These server are meant of players that want the classic experience, and since blizz already said they're committed to "recreating an authentic classic experience" there's no real debate here, changes and QoL changes made outside of the 1.1 to 1.12 patch will not be in classic WoW servers.

I don't want any features. Just bug fixes and server stability.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Then the server should be shut down.

It's not WoW Classic if they make changes to Classic to make it 'profittable.' Then it's "WoW Remake" and they might as well add world/daily quests, shorten leveling, and make the gear grind less annoying - Because at that point, you're NOT making WoW Classic.
    WoW Classic is whatever Blizzard calls WoW Classic. It's not 'Vanilla', it's Classic. It is their game and they'll do with it what they please. If they decide it should be as close to identical to vanilla as possible, spot on for them. If they decide it needs some tweaks here and there to retain popularity, that's fine too. It is their property.

They never said the game would be "vanilla" the name of the game is World of Warcraft: Classic, which means they could keep the spirit of vanilla but have some of the convenience features that the game has now.

I don't think players are going to get upset that they no longer have to look in their bags to find the ram mount they bought so they can right click it to mount up, but rather all they have to do is go to their mount collection tab and put it on their bar.

Also, 3 second mount cast time vs 1.5 second cast time?
    Actually they said it would be as close to Vanilla as possible.

The only way for this Classic experiment to work, is to charge a sub, and leave it as it was back then. No changes. Bugs and all. Just like private servers.

Then it will of course die, because Vanilla was shit. And everyone will finally realize that the only reason people even care about private servers is because they're either too poor or too cheap to pay for a sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never almost any one of these things would make Classic Servers a no deal for me, I and many others didn't ask for a retail lite version with classic content.

Keep Classic = Classic or don't bother.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are Vanilla purist threads the new Flying threads? Like how many do we need a day?

The only thing I care about is that the version of classic they put in is past whichever patch that they linked flightpaths so you didn't have to stop and pick each leg individually (1.9 I think?)

If you are a fan of the "vanilla" experience, and since Blizzard caved and are now producing a classic experience, do you want a lot of the convenience features that the current game has now?

For example,

• Updated player models
    • Account wide mounts.
    • Achievements in general
    • Account wide achievements
    • A Mount Tab so the actual mount doesn't take up your bag space
    • Higher stack sizes for materials (vanilla it was only 20 max for materials)
    • Larger bags (back in vanilla 18 slot bags were the highest you could get)
    • Guild banks
    • Personal Materials bank
    • Mass auto loot (kill 3 mobs, loot only 1 mob and you get the dropped loot from all 3)
    • LFD
    • Group builder tool
    • the list could literally go on and on and on for hundreds of lines, but you get the point

Do you just want the leveling experience to take as long as it did, and the difficulty of the dungeons, world mobs, raid bosses, to be like it was, but you want all the convenience features that have been added to the game?

I would assume you wouldn't want LFD or the Group Builder tool, because you would want to preserve the sense of community that the game had back then. (which those inevitably destroyed along with cross server groups).

For me to even want to go back to a "classic" wow experience, the game would have to have some of the convenience features of today, but the spirit of the game should still be the difficulty, grindy, long quest chain, huge wonderful world I was used to back then. I would still want achievements, because I think fun things popping up on my screen when I accomplish something is cool, I would want the mount tab where you learn mounts rather than them taking up bag space. I would also want all of the graphical updates they have done to the game to remain, including updated player and NPC models.
    I dont know how you could consider yourself a "vanilla wow fan" and want there to be LFD and new models let alone all the other non sense you want. Vanilla is none of that stuff. Classic servers should be as close to vanilla as they can get it. If you dont like that if you cant go back to vanilla with out, Classic servers are not for you. Classic servers are for people how want vanilla back they want it back the way it was with none of that stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    Arent people just gonna be realise how basic classic was?

and how much they miss current conveniences.
    I play on private servers because i dont like the current conveniences and have no need for them.

Vanilla - warts and all.

No modern conveniences. Give us the pure, original experience.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

But would you be upset if parts of those things made it into WoW:Classic, seeing as how they arent gameplay changes, they are just QoL additions.

Let me put it another way. Lets say WoW never had any expansions, but they just kept adding QoL features to the game. Technically they would all be part of the "vanilla" experience. If blizzard added mass loot during the Naxx patch, I don't think anyone would have been upset back then, and it would be seen to the 4 million players who played during vanilla as a welcome change.
    These are game changing things. None of these happened in vanilla and they should not be on classic servers. Classic servers are for the people who have been asking for legacy servers for years, some have been asking for vanilla servers since the launch of TBC. Clearly Classic servers are not for you do us all a favor and stop posting here and dont log on to classic servers if you attitude is going to be there needs to be changes made.

- - - Updated - - -

They already said they dont care how many people play on the servers and that they want it to be close to how vanilla was. People need to stop suggesting this QoL stuff and go back to legion.