Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

I'm less excited about vanilla and more excited about

the RPG elements that existed in vanilla. Talents, stance dancing, weapon skills aspects that more or less invested you in your character plus the removal of a constant lever puller simulation. People are so fixated on Vanilla that they ignore a lot of the great things we've lost for a more streamlined mainstream game which sucks.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

15+ Year Old Account
    u forgot caster dpsers going oom from dpsing too hard, having to learn to manage their mana.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    u forgot caster dpsers going oom from dpsing too hard, having to learn to manage their mana.
    Not if you had a mana battery with you...I mean a shadow priest.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because what you feel is great, isn't great to other people.

Personal bias and opinion are not universal.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Don't forget getting that hit cap.

Deleted
    Your actually saying vanilla had better gameplay?

I could not even cast my totem on my shaman during MC as i did nkt have any mana o.O

Barrens chat :P

This is the sort of discussion I like to see in regards to Classic servers. Taking another look at the rough edges that have been smoothed down over the years and re-evaluating if they should have been smoothed down in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Don't forget getting that hit cap.
    Suddenly i was reminded of that time i lvl'd up a warrior during tbc, and praying that my hits wouldn't miss or else i'd be dead.

Fun times

Mana management, that's what spell ranks were for. I had 3-4 heals of various ranks to keep up with it. Two minute pot cooldown does not help either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Back when damage per mana > damage per second. It was all a balancing act. If you ran out of mana too early, you were SOL, if you ended a fight with too much mana, you potentially left damage on the table.

I'm looking forward to stance dancing, trinket dancing (rogue and hunter), attunement quests strings, and hunter/priest class weapon quest, just to name a few.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

I was a late bloomer (wouldn't give up Diablo II for a long time to join WoW, so I missed vanilla... started just before Launch of LK... was leveling up during the Zombie invasion -- which really made life difficult turning in quests in Westfall...)....

So, my question is: I assume that vanilla had hunters using mana as their source for dps, just like it was when I started? Meaning, going back to Aspect of the Serpent for mana regeneration? I miss those days....

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Wrong era, my dude

Quote Originally Posted by zorv View Post
    I was a late bloomer (wouldn't give up Diablo II for a long time to join WoW, so I missed vanilla... started just before Launch of LK... was leveling up during the Zombie invasion -- which really made life difficult turning in quests in Westfall...)....

So, my question is: I assume that vanilla had hunters using mana as their source for dps, just like it was when I started? Meaning, going back to Aspect of the Serpent for mana regeneration? I miss those days....
    Aspect of the Viper was added in BC. Hunters had no mechanics for regen in vanilla besides spirit and mana potions. When you ran oom you chugged potions or just autoshotted. Considering autoshot is most of your damage, it's not so bad.
    Last edited by solarfallz; 2017-11-12 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    weapon skills
    Yes, it was so fun going afk while attacking a mob, to boost up your weapon skill.

I completely loved being in westfall, leveling up my unarmed by attacking a defias bandit and going afk.

Afk gameplay best gameplay. Very innovative, much rpg.

I will give you the other things, but weapon skill isn't a feature to be hyped. I'm glad it's there, it's fine, it's interesting. But it's not some amazing feature.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    the RPG elements that existed in vanilla. Talents, stance dancing, weapon skills aspects that more or less invested you in your character plus the removal of a constant lever puller simulation. People are so fixated on Vanilla that they ignore a lot of the great things we've lost for a more streamlined mainstream game which sucks.
    Actually eating and drinking after a few mobs, don't remember the last time I did tbh ( outside of raids/pvp I'd say at least a couple of expansions).

Quote Originally Posted by Atrieus View Post

I could not even cast my totem on my shaman during MC as i did nkt have any mana o.O
    I'm saying Vanilla had better RPG and character investment.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Aspect of the Viper was added in BC. Hunters had no mechanics for regen in vanilla besides spirit and mana potions. When you ran oom you chugged potions or just autoshotted. Considering autoshot is most of your damage, it's not so bad.
    This is true, you basically were permanently oom. Judgement of wisdom helped and I think there were mana oils too, not sure how much that returned over time. I do distinctly remember using feign death to drink during bosses, I can't remember if that was removed or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atrieus View Post
    I don't know, it's a game that I actually want to play, so that must say something for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    This is true, you basically were permanently oom. Judgement of wisdom helped and I think there were mana oils too, not sure how much that returned over time. I do distinctly remember using feign death to drink during bosses, I can't remember if that was removed or not.
    A lot of people FD drank, but it's actually a DPS loss over autoshooting with spirit regen. With mana potions and oils you can sustain mana for most fights.

I'm not looking forward to stance dancing at all, always thought that was crappy. In fact it's one of the things discouraging me from rolling a Warrior.

Talent trees, eh, been there done that. Also I remember always being frustrated with the crappy decisions it made me make. Oh you want this cool active ability that greatly improves QoL? Too bad, you need 1% more attack power instead because that's mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    That was TBC. In vanilla all they did was provide 15% shadow damage to the warlocks.