Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I'm an alliance player and the only reason I don't like him is because he had no business getting involved in stormheim with sylvanas, were over here trying to fight off the legion and he's having a skirmish with sylvanas. He doesn't care about the alliance, all that matters to him is his vengeance.
    Him taking away that lamp from Sylvannas is probably the best thing that happened for the Alliance in the past 12 years of WoW. The Forsaken would be unstoppable with it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I'm an alliance player and the only reason I don't like him is because he had no business getting involved in stormheim with sylvanas, were over here trying to fight off the legion and he's having a skirmish with sylvanas. He doesn't care about the alliance, all that matters to him is his vengeance.
    That is a problem, yeah... He doesn't care about the Alliance.

When the orcs came through in game 1, he sent a token force even though -his- people were in danger, too.

In game 2, same shit and when it was resolved he wanted to slaughter the orcs (Even the children) and when Lordaeron wouldn't kill the babies he put up his wall and fucked off for a while.

In game 3, while the whole world was drowning in Scourge and Demons, he was behind his wall with his giant telescope going "Nope.gif"

Even through BC and Wrath he just hid behind his wall. It wasn't until trouble knocked on his door that he was willing to act at all. And even then it was pretty minimal in Cata, MoP, and WoD.

And when the high king gave him orders not to attack Sylvie, it's what he went and did, even though it risked the whole world in the process...

... man... he's not evil, but he is a titanic prick when you think about his full context.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Wolverine is a great character because he is more then a 1 dimensional revenge driven, war mongering sociopath.
    So like Genn? You know unless someone like Sylvanas (William Stryker/Sabretooth) who is personally responsible for many of his Lifes major down points, in which he has no issue putting them in their place whilst tolerating the assistance of the Horde (US Army/Brotherhood of Mutants)?

People continually forget that Sylvanas was doing really shady shit with Helya and Genn was there to stop her. I don't know how that makes Genn a sociopath.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-11-12 at 03:22 AM.

He's the Cersei Lannister of Warcraft.

Everyone else, friends and enemies are ready to band together to save the world, and he's too busy settling old scores to contribute anything of value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People continually forget that Sylvanas was doing really shady shit with Helya and Genn was there to stop her. I don't know how that makes Genn a sociopath.
    because he didn't do it with any sort of good intentions, he did it merely to spite her.

with all the effort he spent spying on her to be in just the right spot at just the right moment, he could have been.... you know.... FIGHTING THE !@#$ING LEGION!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Implying there aren't a million good reasons to begrudge the Lich Queen.
    Well, this topic implies that hate towards the lapdog is undeserved, so...

Genn is fucking awesome. His backstory and who he is now(flaws and all) are well done and that makes him my favorite Alliance hero. Velen is my second favorite. Genn and Velen are completely different from eachother, but they both are great leaders to their people and they are the perfect mentors for Anduin. Anduin will need to follow the guidance from both if he is to surpass his father. Genn will get his revenge on Slyvanus. It will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They might be peeved that he was the one to break the tenuous post-MOP peace between the alliance and the horde by attacking them in Stormheim. The dialogue makes it seem like "yeah we're supposed to only fire if necessary, but we're going to make it necessary."

I like Genn, he's strong and has a lot to fight for, while still having a compassionate side that we see in his almost fatherly exchanges with Anduin.

Yeah. Genn lost his son while Anduin lost his father. Genn's fatherly instincts kicked in and that's what reminded Anduin about his father's words.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

horde fangays dont like their bitch queen being outplayed by Old grumpy wolf... oh pickaboo.. what shall we do...

10+ Year Old Account
    @GennGreymane isn't that bad....
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I get why people hate Genn Greymane, but I don't get the people who hate Genn and love Sylvanas.

Genn did wall off his people and while he did it for the wrong reasons, but it did end up saving his people from the Scourge. It was also very hypocritical the way he asked for aid after denying the people of Lordaeron aid. And it was wrong for him to attack Sylvanas at the beginning of the invasion of Stormheim instead of focusing on the Legion.

But, Sylvanas killed his son and plagued his home even though she was ordered not to use the plague. And let's not forget that Sylvanas wasn't very focused on the Legion in Stormheim either. In fact, her main objective in Stormheim was to enslave Eyir, one of our allies against the Legion. She actually went as far as to make a bargain with Helya who was clearly our enemy. Not to mention her casual experimentation on humans and use of torture.

I personally like both as story characters, but looking at it objectively knowing everything we know, they're both shitty people. Sylvanas is still much worse in my opinion though.

Just trying to keep him relevant and remembered before he's shifted off into his inevitable mentor side character role in BfA since he wasn't even mentioned as a major character on the Blizzcon panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    -snip-
    See my post above. I understand that they're both trying to fight with the common enemy... but when the fight is over, she's going to have tremendously advantage with that Val'kyr powers over Alliance. Genn just wanted to even the odds, because if he didn't then there would be no Battle For Azeroth, but rather - Horde dominion over the continents.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Well, this topic implies that hate towards the lapdog is undeserved, so...
    Much more so than hate towards Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There is one thing that has to be taken into account regarding Genn's assault on Sylvanas' fleet in Stormheim. The Alliance already had intel at that point that Sylvanas was heading to Stormheim to steal some power for herself due to the Captain's Log of the Queen's Reprisal captured in Azsuna. Specifically:
    Directly at the camp after the crash the captain of the ship paints a different picture though. She just says she had a target in front of her and and she wanted to attack it, she doesn't regret it, "for Southsore".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Directly at the camp after the crash the captain of the ship paints a different picture though. She just says she had a target in front of her and and she wanted to attack it, she doesn't regret it, "for Southsore".
    On the ship, Genn and the Sky Admiral both paint a different picture. The fact that they're stopping her from stealing power (Which, really, is what 90+% of the PCs do with their Artifact Quests, if we're not graverobbing we're killing people to steal their shit) doesn't even come up. All they're interested in is knowing -where- she is.

Hell, even when you turn it in as an Alliance Player, this is the line you get:

"Do you know what you have here? You might have just delivered some of the most significant intel of the campaign.

I will see to it personally that this gets into Lord Greymane's hands."

The most significant intel of what campaign? The battle against the Legion? How does that intel help fight against the Legion? No. The Campaign against the Forsaken/Horde/Sylvanas that Greymane's forces are still waging.

Deleted
    Genn is the Hero the Alliance needs, but not the one it deserves.
    Finally an Alliance racial leader aside from Varian with a pair.

Genn is pretty awesome, I like how they made him a good fighter too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I think Genn's a good character, but as a character he's not a good person.

The ultimate reason so many people hate him is the cognitive dissonance tied up in the faction bias. The opposed = bad mindset people fall into when they make a political affiliation a part of their self-identity.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Him being a dick is a good thing. He lost everything because the forsaken killed his son & took away his home. I like him.
    pretty much this

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand Genn's Vendetta against Sylvanas, she killed his son & future heir to carry on the family name. So he wants her to suffer.

Ya Genn, still has Tess to take over, but that doesn't keep the Greymane name going.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I understand Genn's Vendetta against Sylvanas, she killed his son & future heir to carry on the family name. So he wants her to suffer.

Ya Genn, still has Tess to take over, but that doesn't keep the Greymane name going.
    ... why not?

She could keep her family name, and name her child, boy or girl, Greymane. Whether the kids are his daughter's or his son's they're still his grandchildren.

It irks me so bad that not only is this viewed as "Weird" it's somehow the woman's shame that her kids can't carry their family name.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.