Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    They've already established that it is indeed possible, as the other poster already said. Otherwise she'd literally not have a face or hell, even a body. Lor'themar even thought about how the skin on her face was peeling off in his short story. In terms of how it actually works, Guess it just restores her body/heals it. Nfi how Val'kyr magic works, don't think anyone does.
    Well I don't buy it, sounds like a ridiculous excuse to not portray her how she is supposed to look. She died 3 times not just once, if she died just once I could somehow understand that she found a way to perserve herself. But no, she was stabbed, and her body was left to rott before she found it, then she fell on Saronite spikes, and then got headshot. In LTT's short story she was described as hideaus and thar she smells.

But now we got this asspull that Valkyr are kinda working as beauty salon, that can provide better regeneration than trolls have. Also, why the ook undead would care how they look anymore, they're dead.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    You don't seriously think her current "armour" is going to protect her from this do you?
    https://youtu.be/4EQtjJjKU5Q?t=18s

Besides, she's a ranger meant to fight from a distance, not up close. Wearing heavy armour isn't exactly a priority, else all WoW classes should wear plate.
    No, but it will protect her from an arrow or from shrapnel from a fireball blasting nearby wall or something.

She isn't wearing a heavy armour, it's literally a leather piece

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    And here we go again.

It's bad less because skin is open (I would certainly prefer the old version), but more because new armor pieces don't match color of main parts. fix

ps. All picture-links from linked threads.
    Probably it doesn't match because its made from a different material, it's not a solid piece because solid pieces make it harder to move. In case of PSed image - if she bends down when doing a front roll - she will push her armour piece into her stomach, making it impossible to do frontflips. Remember the scene when she vaults a siege tower? Yeah, that would be quite hard to do with a single piece of armour made of same material. As well as rolling after a fall - good luck with that
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    i would assume so, yes

- - - Updated - - -

anyway if they have girls half naked fighting then at least some guys should too. but no one wants to see naked orcs so they covered the girls up.
    Err, Garrosh didn't have much more than pants, did he?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    anyway if they have girls half naked fighting then at least some guys should too. but no one wants to see naked orcs so they covered the girls up.
    Crowley during the prison break?

5+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas looks way more badass now. I dont have a problem with the armour as long as it looks cool and makes sense to the character.

The dragon aspects basically wear bakinis but they sort of sell it because of the whole ' we're dragons ' thing (so they got a pass to look vulnerable and graceful or whatever, because they can just shift into dragons in the end. Nozdormu's nips during cata were out full blast. Pre sure they took care of Deathwing himself. )

That being said- if Sylvanas is now on the frontline, an exposed chest area would be kinda lol k, so i'm glad they updated the model and it looks sick.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, but it will protect her from an arrow or from shrapnel from a fireball blasting nearby wall or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably it doesn't match because its made from a different material, it's not a solid piece because solid pieces make it harder to move. In case of PSed image - if she bends down when doing a front roll - she will push her armour piece into her stomach, making it impossible to do frontflips. Remember the scene when she vaults a siege tower? Yeah, that would be quite hard to do with a single piece of armour made of same material. As well as rolling after a fall - good luck with that
    So you didn't understand what was going on, because it wasn't matter about it looked like the same material and the same piece of armor. For your information: you can make few pieces of clothing suitable for each other according to the scheme - it's clearly visible at fix-picture, they are painted in a similar color and part of them are black (which doesn't mean that it's the same material or part of armor, but it will be much better suitable).

So there is no problem to do this and you're wrong.

ps. Or did you were just too lazy to look at the pictures?
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2017-11-12 at 10:40 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Well I don't buy it, sounds like a ridiculous excuse to not portray her how she is supposed to look. She died 3 times not just once, if she died just once I could somehow understand that she found a way to perserve herself. But no, she was stabbed, and her body was left to rott before she found it, then she fell on Saronite spikes, and then got headshot. In LTT's short story she was described as hideaus and thar she smells.

But now we got this asspull that Valkyr are kinda working as beauty salon, that can provide better regeneration than trolls have. Also, why the ook undead would care how they look anymore, they're dead.
    Sylvanas is vain. Her character didn't change completely by simply dying.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Sylvanas is vain. Her character didn't change completely by simply dying.
    It's still ridiculous that Val'Kyr are supposedly able to restore body from rotting and peeling off to pre-rot stage. And absolutely anticlimatic to justify her better looks. I'd have much more repsect to her if she was actually looking like undead.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    It's still ridiculous that Val'Kyr are supposedly able to restore body from rotting and peeling off to pre-rot stage. And absolutely anticlimatic to justify her better looks. I'd have much more repsect to her if she was actually looking like undead.
    That would put a lifespan on her in her undeath (deathspan?). I think it's far more compelling from a storytelling perspective to have her theoretically immortal, but able to be killed only a finite number of times. The looking for immortality arc is now her character's only reason to exist, and that has to be rushed to completion if she's falling apart.

Jesus someones complaining about this again..... Shes still wearing skimpy outfits ur jerk fantasy still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    I suggest some people could invest more in their real life and meet real girls and thus the question of Sylvanas' belly would subside.
    Interact with people irl? Lol fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Err, Garrosh didn't have much more than pants, did he?
    He used to wear full armor before they "sexified" his model* in Cataclysm.

I know that wasn't the real purpose of the change, but can you imagine the outrage if they pulled something like that with a female character?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

Exactly my point, that leather piece won't account for anything, especially not as a reaction to:
    Probably she realized that exposing her stomach is a bad move for combat, after watching vol'jin die
    Mages, Warlocks and Priests only wear cloth, in which it doesn't really matter whether it covers all of their skin or none of it, as it won't protect you from anything other than a slight draft. Should they too throw away their cloth and don metal plate instead? Most Orcs depicted in cinematics don't wear anything to cover their chests, neither do Demon Hunters, or Trolls.

There is really no reason for her to have added that piece of leather, other than to please hypocritical prudes who are more than happy to see male characters showing skin, but hell and damnation for any female character who dares to do the same.

Apparently it was changed at the start of legion because as a warchief of the horde she now has to do more front line fighting whereas before she was pretty much just sticking to the shadows. Also incredibly afraid of death hence why she almost ****** up the entire stormhiem campaign for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthensis View Post
    She uses one val'kyr per rez, she's left with like 3 or 1 don't remember.
    There were nine val'kyr. First val'kyr rez took one cause that one was the strongest. Cost her three the second time when she was killed in Silverpine, so five. Then one was killed by the Alliance in Andorhol. So four. She's kept these four well guarded ever since.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I think its more shitty they changed her markings around her eyes and turned them into what looks like ran mascara along with eyebrows that seem to be grown down to her collar bone then gelled up and out to the sides. Of all the characters to be done in a 'realistic' style the warcraft elf design looks increasingly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    Well for a lead role fighting the Legion and whatnot, her armor was entirely impractical. It wouldn't make sense for her to fight with her midriff exposed.
    Having a leather corset is a lot more practical than not?

Not really when she's primarily dealing with magic, bullets, and people with the upper body strength of a gorilla.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

5+ Year Old Account
    Quick note to the "Big muscley guys without shirts on are eye candy for women!" crowd.

No. They really aren't.

Big Muscley Guys without shirts on are a -power- fantasy for men. Being big and strong and "Manly" and being around big and strong and "Manly" characters is a power fantasy. Wanna see a muscley shirtless guy sexual fantasy? Watch the Music Video for "Ice Cream" by Cazwell. The guys in that are actively trying to be sexually enticing rather than imposing, threatening, or clearly ready for violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEIPgCggui4

Warning: Too sexy for some, Very gay, A butt.

Sexy/Shapely Female characters in skimpy armor: Male Sexual Fantasy.
    Swole as Fuck Male characters in skimpy armor: Male Power Fantasy.

Now do some women find running around in skimpy armor empowering? Absolutely! And there's nothing wrong with that. Those women, however, are not the target audience of various videogame and comic book characters. Just like straight women aren't the target audience of that Cazwell video... but can certainly enjoy it...
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-11-12 at 04:44 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Quick note to the "Big muscley guys without shirts on are eye candy for women!" crowd.

No. They really aren't.

Big Muscley Guys without shirts on are a -power- fantasy for men. Being big and strong and "Manly" and being around big and strong and "Manly" characters is a power fantasy. Wanna see a muscley shirtless guy sexual fantasy? Watch the Music Video for "Ice Cream" by Cazwell. The guys in that are actively trying to be sexually enticing rather than imposing, threatening, or clearly ready for violence.

Warning: Too sexy for some, Very gay, A butt.

Sexy/Shapely Female characters in skimpy armor: Male Sexual Fantasy.
    Swole as Fuck Male characters in skimpy armor: Male Power Fantasy.

Now do some women find running around in skimpy armor empowering? Absolutely! And there's nothing wrong with that. Those women, however, are not the target audience of various videogame and comic book characters. Just like straight women aren't the target audience of that Cazwell video... but can certainly enjoy it...
    Is that why the most popular selling books directed at women always feature big muscular men with no shirts?
    Or how the most popular male characters for women tend to be young to youngish looking men with muscles often wearing no shirt?
    Or how even female writers tend to make their characters closely follow normal standards of female beauty?
    Or why standards for attractive female clothing tends to be clothes that insinuate the female form? Your own avatar is a good example of this. This has also been a standard for most, if not all of human history, even in female centered groups.

Certainly not saying all women like this, but most of them? No doubt. Standards of beauty are universal for men and women both. Stop thinking "What I like" is "What most people like"
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-11-12 at 04:38 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

On an aesthetic level the new Legion model is hot garbage. Her design for BfA is a marked upgrade.