Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only QoL "upgrade" i would support is the updated character models and animations anything other than that is gonna be a no from me and even when they dont have that Ill be fine with it

Quote Originally Posted by sumerian999 View Post

Are you sure they are ''just trolls''? Sure, some of them are. But what about those who claim, and feel like they belong to the community, and are actually genuine in their demands?
    Blizzard is going to do what they want to do, and we won;t know what that is until they tell us. I seriously doubt Blizz is going to put ANY more effort into this than they have to, so I suspect we will get THE actual vanilla we had back then.

I've said it before, there is no way Blizzard doesn't have complete, running code, fully detailed bug lists/patches/etc... of every major build since the beginning. They won't change a single thing and seriously, they don;t have to. It grew very well until later devs ruined the gameplay.

Purists will be happy, because we are getting exactly what was released then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekys12yearold brother View Post
    it's not the classic wow community entering a civil war.
    it's more of a problem that classic community are getting the thing they wanted for 10+ years and some guys just kind of show up when they're getting what they want trying to change the perception of what people wanted.

the classic server is basically the classic communities baby and their ex-wife is suing for custody so she can get the babies ears pierced.
    there's no civil war just unrelated people trying to change the vision of the project at the last second.

- - - Updated - - -

i agree but i'd say maybe make it so there can be more than 1 high warlord/grand marshal, i can see people dying of blood clots to get that.
    ironic considering my previous statement.
    Maybe yea sure but its a slippery slope. Im more concerned about graphical questions not so much the models and spell animations etc but stuff like draw distance etc etc. Easy fix for everything else is dont change it. But there are many under the hood questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    what about non automated group finder like we have atm in retail for mythic + and raids

i dare you to tell me 1 technical difference between posting your group there and spaming the f... out of trade

and convinience doesnt count - because have to run to town every time someone leaves one of coupdl of dungeons that took 1-3 hours is not immersion its a bad game design.
    No. Friends and Guilds should be the primary source for that - whisper someone, or ask in guild chat. Any kind of tool takes out the need to interact. This will forge a strong community with friends guilds and friends' guilds. Take that away, and we will be staring at menus again.

Want to stare at menus? Go play retail.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    No. Friends and Guilds should be the primary source for that - whisper someone, or ask in guild chat. Any kind of tool takes out the need to interact. This will forge a strong community with friends guilds and friends' guilds. Take that away, and we will be staring at menus again.

Want to stare at menus? Go play retail.
    all im telling you is that wont work in 2019 or whenever classic will be released.

nowadays players will never accept having to spam trade for hour just to get group.

From what I understand from limited interview information, they'll be doing things under their new architectures. Assets/gameplay should be the same, which is what we care about, but the under the hood will look different, have battle.net friends list integration (like all their games), and won't support Windows XP most likely. Just bug fixes, not features.

As for what patch, there's no doubt we'll see a version with all raids. Maybe one with BWL as the max raid too? Options are cool. We'll see. It'd be easier for them to do 1.12 with the Naxx/AQ closed, but hopefully they go the extra mile and have pre 1.9 class gameplay too, that's the main thing to be concerned about IMO, otherwise it's partial credit

Regarding adding in stuff like LFR and all that, I'm noticing a lot of intentional trolling on reddit and elsewhere. Some do mean it, but most of it is just because its the trendy thing to troll right now. That won't be happening, and confirmed as much at Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You banged your head on that nail, mate. This is basically why I do not believe Classic should have any further QoL changes than it has from the start and patches.
    Wtf does that mean? He banged his head on a nail?

Do you mean he hit the nail on the head? Meaning it was accurate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altear View Post
    Wtf does that mean? He banged his head on a nail?

Do you mean he hit the nail on the head? Meaning it was accurate?
    Basically, the human creation known as @Frylord was accurate in his statement given in a previous comment quoted by my own previous comment. Apologies for not remembering the english phrase.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-11-12 at 10:16 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    The WoW Classic community is entering a civil war.
    That's a nice(false) narrative you've got going there.

The truth is that, once again, this is between the people who have been playing vanilla on private servers for years without any issues and live tourists. The players who want the game as it was, with it's highs and lows and the group to which blizzard has been catering to all these past years, resulting in the current live servers.

If one is to be true to the facts, one must answer the following question: why leave live servers where, as it's known to all, blizzard has and continues to listen to every suggestion, whim and plea we currently see thrown at classic servers? They have more content, they look better, there are more people playing, etc. In short, you have everything that you could ask for.

The answer is, of course, as always, because they want MORE. If there is something that's not catering to them, that is a most pressing and distressing issue. Of course it's for them as well. How could it not be? This is the underlying assumption at the base of the mentality which produces this type of individual. Of course you're invited! Why, we couldn't do anything without you! You're the big d$%^ dragonslayer, titanslayer, deathwing slayer, moguslayer, you're the bestest ever! And you're so good you can accomplish anything without even talking to people! Just press this button here and you're in a qu- wait a second. .

Where's my dungeon queue button? And where's my big d$%^ dps? These quests are so BORING! they're not as flashy as i'm used to on live! Oh, these character models are crap, i want my new models! Where are my heirlooms?!? What did you say? It takes three MONTHS to get to max level???? Holy shit, but i'm an important person! I have a LIFE you f$#%ing nerds! CHANGE IT! For ME!
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    From what I understand from limited interview information, they'll be doing things under their new architectures. Assets/gameplay should be the same, which is what we care about, but the under the hood will look different, have battle.net friends list integration (like all their games), and won't support Windows XP most likely. Just bug fixes, not features.

As for what patch, there's no doubt we'll see a version with all raids. Maybe one with BWL as the max raid too? Options are cool. We'll see. It'd be easier for them to do 1.12 with the Naxx/AQ closed, but hopefully they go the extra mile and have pre 1.9 class gameplay too, that's the main thing to be concerned about IMO, otherwise it's partial credit

Regarding adding in stuff like LFR and all that, I'm noticing a lot of intentional trolling on reddit and elsewhere. Some do mean it, but most of it is just because its the trendy thing to troll right now. That won't be happening, and confirmed as much at Blizzcon.
    Adding onto this, something else I hadn't thought about: whatever under the hood changes they do might allow specific addons to work that might not have back in the day, which might change gameplay, as an unintended consequence, but it's up to the player if they want to do that. ie: not sure if an avr addon is possible in the 1.12 framework but something like that might be, nbd if so. They gotta do what they gotta do under the hood to make the game function

I find this thread to be quite heavy. I find it harder to believe there is no civil war as it keeps growing, and the rest of the forum is suffering a similar fate.

Just look at this thread on Reddit. It's pretty massive, and it essentially says what I've been saying all along.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ght_all_along/

I find this thread to be quite heavy. I find it harder to believe there is no civil war as it keeps growing, and the rest of the forum is suffering a similar fate.

Just look at this thread on Reddit. It's pretty massive, and it essentially says what I've been saying all along.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ght_all_along/
    What I'm gathering from this Reddit thread is the same conclusion I draw from the postings here:

- People who played on Nostalrius and other vanilla private servers ACTUALLY want vanilla, without any QoL changes bullshit
    - Ever since the WoW Classic announcement, plebs have come out of the woodwork who never wanted vanilla before
    - Those same plebs are now spamming the communities with threads begging for QoL changes in WoW Classic
    - The majority opinion fucking hates these suggestions and doesn't want QoL changes in vanilla at all

Your problem is you look at who screams the loudest and say, "Well, they were right all along. You think you do, but you don't." But that statement only goes for the shitposters who only now have an interest in WoW Classic, and only if it's changed to their liking. It does not at all apply to the people who have asked and fought for vanilla WoW all along. We think we do, and we DO.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    What I'm gathering from this Reddit thread is the same conclusion I draw from the postings here:

- People who played on Nostalrius and other vanilla private servers ACTUALLY want vanilla, without any QoL changes bullshit
    - Ever since the WoW Classic announcement, plebs have come out of the woodwork who never wanted vanilla before
    - Those same plebs are now spamming the communities with threads begging for QoL changes in WoW Classic
    - The majority opinion fucking hates these suggestions and doesn't want QoL changes in vanilla at all

Your problem is you look at who screams the loudest and say, "Well, they were right all along. You think you do, but you don't." But that statement only goes for the shitposters who only now have an interest in WoW Classic, and only if it's changed to their liking. It does not at all apply to the people who have asked and fought for vanilla WoW all along. We think we do, and we DO.
    The thing is, I find it difficult to make the distinction between initial ''Classic reclaimers'', who have been demanding Vanilla servers without any changes from the beggining, and the ''Classic reclaimers'' who have been requesting Vanilla from the beggining -BUT- without realizing they wanted QoL improvement to come with it.

Some of the reformists are newcomers and trolls, that's true. But I think part of them were with the Classic community from the start, and are now pushing their agenda.

Essentially, you have a fracturing of the PARENT COMMUNITY into multiple ones, from radicals to reformists, with (I do admit) a bunch of newcomers who want to jump on the bandwaggon while demanding QoL changes for their enjoyment.

What I'm saying is, I find it hard to believe 100% of all the Classic reclaimers are pure radicals, who want 0 changes. I dont believe that. There are different degrees of reform acceptation inside of that community, even if some reforms are light.

The whole idea that everyone who wants changes to vanilla is a troll is one of these perfect examples of what people in an echo chamber think. WoW's playerbase has been incredibly fragmented and divided over the course of its entire history (why do you think the game changed so much over the course of its life anyway), but oh hey, on that topic, the community is 99% united and only trolls disagree!! Give me a break. You're burying your head in the sand if you truly believe this.

For the record, I don't want them to change anything. Not even bug fixes. You want vanilla? Here's vanilla, enjoy. But I know Blizzard will fix bugs at the bare minimum, it would be unprofessional for them not to do so. Will they go further? I don't think so, but it is a possibility. They're doing this for the money after all, so if they think there's reasons in implementing a few features such as a LFG tool (NOT LFR or LFD that's another thing entirely) and class balance these may make it in.

And if the divide is between the true-hearted, hardcore, pure-blooded Vanilla Enthusiasts and the filthy, smelly Live Tourists, consider the fact that the former may not be enough for Blizzard to make enough money our of the venture and that they may want said live tourists to not only play Classic, but for some of them to stay.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-11-13 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeith View Post
    There are people that like retail, retail exists and they are happy with that, hence a valid group of people.

There are people that like Classic exactly the way classic was. This game used to exist and can be recreated, also a valid group of people.

Then there are people like you, that want a version of WoW that has never since 2004 existed. You want a miss mash of patches which essentially is a new game. This is not a valid opinion and you don't get to jump on the bandwagon of classic and morph it with your very subjective ideals.
    And there is a group like you, who doesn't know how to read. This is not my opinion, it's the opinion of a lot of people that played Classic, and realize it has a lot of issues, and they don't want to go through all the tedious shit (that is there just for the sake of being tedious). Also, your post is beyond stupid, Classic had many patches, I'm sure you don't even know all of them.

So yeah, their opinion isn't less valid than someone like you, who probably never played Classic, but wants to be a purist just to be edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post
    There's no problem... I thought it was glaringly obvious that it didn't need to be said. The last content patch of Vanilla, so 1.11 and Naxx. Done.
    You mean 1.12 right?

War? More like special olympics probably.

It's either classic or not classic. It's as simple as that.

Blizzard should have never announced this. Horrendous idea that is just gonna be a shit show.

If its "vanilla" then it should be day one like release; isnt it?

There's a lot of posts saying "it's so obvious what it should be" and then 15 pages arguing over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lens Hunter View Post
    Blizzard should have never announced this. Horrendous idea that is just gonna be a shit show.
    I am kind of wondering if this explosion of competing interest groups has made them regret the decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.