Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I use to play it earlier. But now my favorite gaming list comes from Dark Souls.

Jesus the grind to unlock shit sounds nightmarish. Fucking damn shame, because I'd love to play the game. Oh well, maybe I'll just reinstall Battlefront 2 now that they got multiplayer back up and running. At least I can play that game the way I want needing to invest enough time to get a masters degree in order to unlock everything I want in-game.

Fuck RPG-esque level progression and unlocks in multiplayer shooters, and fuck RNG crates that grant anything except skins. And fuck those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus the grind to unlock shit sounds nightmarish. Fucking damn shame, because I'd love to play the game. Oh well, maybe I'll just reinstall Battlefront 2 now that they got multiplayer back up and running. At least I can play that game the way I want needing to invest enough time to get a masters degree in order to unlock everything I want in-game.

Fuck RPG-esque level progression and unlocks in multiplayer shooters, and fuck RNG crates that grant anything except skins. And fuck those too.
    Welcome to Microtransaction Apocalypse. All AAA publishers will now exploit it as much as possible untill the industry crashes or legislation gets into their way.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll wait till it's in the vault and then play the story for free and uninstall
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    I logged into reddit just to downvote, and I never bother logging on reddit...

They'd made a shit load of money if they just put purely cosmetic stuff behind a paywall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I logged into reddit just to downvote, and I never bother logging on reddit...

They'd made a shit load of money if they just put purely cosmetic stuff behind a paywall.
    They'd be making a shit load of money even without any DLC or microtransactions to begin with. This game is going to sell tens of millions of copies even before this "games as a service" bullshit they're peddling as progression.

The timing here is very deliberate. The Last Jedi appears in theatres in about a month, and it'll be riding that marketing push as the only major star wars game alongside it this holiday season all the way to the bank.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They'd be making a shit load of money even without any DLC or microtransactions to begin with. This game is going to sell tens of millions of copies even before this "games as a service" bullshit they're peddling as progression.

The timing here is very deliberate. The Last Jedi appears in theatres in about a month, and it'll be riding that marketing push as the only major star wars game alongside it this holiday season all the way to the bank.
    Jim Sterling made a good point. He said that while publishers keep going on about needing to do this to make money as game development has gotten more expensive, it's never the high-risk games that do this. It's always those that are heavily marketed and are almost guaranteed to sell millions of copies that have this shit in them, because they KNOW that most people will buy them anyway. Otherwise their model doesn't work.

It's a shame too, because I was actually looking forward to BF2, despite the clusterfuck of the first one. It's not all bad though, I recently reinstalled the actual Battlefront 2, and that game still mostly holds up. I've had quite a bit of fun in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

I know that, but an EA game with no micro transactions is near impossible. So I was just naming an alternative they should have taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant wait to watch this shit game crash and burn worse than the last one. Its going to be beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I cant wait to watch this shit game crash and burn worse than the last one. Its going to be beautiful.
    It's not going to though. People will still buy it and play it, they'll still spend money on MTX. This one will likely do even better than the first one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's not going to though. People will still buy it and play it, they'll still spend money on MTX. This one will likely do even better than the first one.
    They will, just like the last game. And just like the last game, the servers will be barren within 60 days. An extremely small amount of people will stick with this game.

It's a fuckign Star Wars game. Released along with Episode 8.

It will generate millions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's a fuckign Star Wars game. Released along with Episode 8.

It will generate millions.
    Initial sales yes, it will do great. But let me know what the queue times are like in Jan 18.

Refunded it this morning after this Reddit Downvote Debacle. Holy fuck what was EA thinking? I feel sorry for DICE and Visceral. They both spent thousands of man hours developing this gorgeous and mechanically sound game and it is going to be DESTROYED by Publisher Greed. Absolutely Unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Refunded it this morning after this Reddit Downvote Debacle. Holy fuck what was EA thinking? I feel sorry for DICE and Visceral. They both spent thousands of man hours developing this gorgeous and mechanically sound game and it is going to be DESTROYED by Publisher Greed. Absolutely Unbelievable.
    Yeah, people are giving devs the shit when it's CLEARLY EA that are behind this. Just as Activision forced Overwatch into the loot box crap.
    I wish more people would just become completely independent game companies.

EA can fuck right off.

Edit: Saw this on reddit just now:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...tell_you_what/

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    So bit of fun going on over at reddit with this comment here being the most downvoted in reddit history

Probably going for 100k+ downvotes

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...fc&st=J9XQL8A3

EACommunityTeam:

Basically some statistic that it will take X amount of hours to get some specific unlock without paying real money was posted... common business practice sadly and with the thinking that additional unlocks part of the so called free DLC will be locked with this grind or use of real money to have a chance to unlock sooner

Similar situation when CoD: Infinite Warfare reveal trailer on youtube happened with the dislikes...

I doubt anything will be changed for the better in Battlefront 2
    It's -275k as I am writing this post. EA must be writing a guide on how to win the worst PR and worst company award, again and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It's -275k as I am writing this post. EA must be writing a guide on how to win the worst PR and worst company award, again and again.
    With that much negative reddit karma, the devs of the game wont be able to post on the official subreddit for their own game.

LoL!

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Jim Sterling made a good point. He said that while publishers keep going on about needing to do this to make money as game development has gotten more expensive, it's never the high-risk games that do this. It's always those that are heavily marketed and are almost guaranteed to sell millions of copies that have this shit in them, because they KNOW that most people will buy them anyway. Otherwise their model doesn't work.
    No it's the marketing prices that have gone up.

We have people who alone, make better and more impressive games than this steaming pile of turd, or take the entire fucking indie scene, the "game development have gotten more expensive" excuse is just bullshit, it's their marketing and shilling that have gotten more expensive.

With that much negative reddit karma, the devs of the game wont be able to post on the official subreddit for their own game.

LoL!
    Sadly, reddit admins locked their account karma so they're sitting at a comfy 6k...

I just hope EA would finally crash and burn.

But alas, like all corporate assholes in the business, they are too big to fail.