Thread: Titanforging

Titanforging

For anyone that is playing Destiny 2, wouldn't an infusion like feature help with the titanforging problem in wow?

It's a great feature, that blizzard can really polish up in my opinion

Deleted
    For anyone that doesn't an explanation would be nice

Basically you take an item you don't want, that has a higher ilvl and infuse it into the older item.
    The new one gets destroyed, the old one gets the ilvl of the new one.

And yes, such a feature would be great. BUT the philosophy behind Destiny 2's loot system is a different one.
    It's not about prolonging the game, but rather completing your "collection".

I.e. I don't see Blizzard adopting the system.
    Last edited by Geschan; 2017-11-13 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geschan View Post
    Basically you take an item you don't want, that has a higher ilvl and infuse it into the older item.
    The new one gets destroyed, the old one gets the ilvl of the new one.

And yes, such a feature would be great. BUT the philosophy behind Destiny 2's loot system is a different one.
    It's not about prolonging the game, but rather completing your "collection".

I.e. I don't see Blizzard adopting the system.
    Would kinda break the game for most classes... a all crit/mastery fire mage sounds good on paper but would be a nibhtmare to balance.

Or a arcane mage with a ilv 1000 shard of woe with every other stat being raw mastery...

It wouldn't be that bad actually, since diminishing returns make extrem stat stacking already quite inefficient.
    Certain trinkets would definitely break the game. But it should be possible to limit infusions to current content.
    For example like "legion items only". Enchants are already doing that.
    Set Boni might become a problem too.

In general I don't think that a infusion system is needed. The problem with legion simply was that trinkets where all over the place.
    Thanks to the wacky scaling with secondary stats, certain trinkets had way to much power (*cough* arcano crystal *cough*) for their itemlevel.
    If trinkets had been balanced more evenly the need to farm old content for tf trinkets wouldn't have been that bad.
    Same goes for Set-Boni.

It would certainly break the game. Being able to reliably take any high level item and throw it into another to raise it would absolutely mean things like having to make sure every tier bonus is stronger than the last or that raid trinkets were all demonstrably better than those from beforehand. This would crank the arcanocrystal problem to 11.

Honestly Blizzard has got the whole Legendaries and titanforging changes backwards. Legendaries needed iteration. They would have been 100% fine if they were utility only (plenty of Blizzard employees said this too). Why they won't try again with that route is just classic Blizzard all or nothing design.
    Titanforging on the other hand doesnt need iteration, it needs to die or be severely nerfed to max out at one level above the content its found in. Getting +5 to +10 ilevel from an item is one thing, getting mythic raid gear from world questing is ALWAYS going to be stupid no matter how much they attempt to justify it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Would kinda break the game for most classes... a all crit/mastery fire mage sounds good on paper but would be a nibhtmare to balance.

Or a arcane mage with a ilv 1000 shard of woe with every other stat being raw mastery...
    Yeah, I am sorta leaning on this..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would rather think combining two of the same item to get a +5 itemlevel upgrade could work. But it should be for raid items only or else it would lead to extreme m+ farming which should not be our goal. And the items should be of equal or higher quality to be "infusable". So you would need a mythic item to infuse a mythic item.

This would give us "slow" auto titanforging and would eliminate unwanted loot. And it would give is powergrowth back that is not solely rng. In the same vein as the trinkets from argus