Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still blame their choice of engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    This game and fans of the franchise deserve better. :-/
    And Star Trek too...

I like Star Wars and Star Trek, though i am more of a Trek fan. But seeing how crappy both games are just boggles my mind. Like how Tekko mentioned the game engine which i think was a poor choice to lease/modify/whatever an engine. I dont even know what STO's deal is but i think it may have also been a one-size-fits-all type of game engine that was made to work for several of their games. TBH i dont really care, so anyone who knows and is ready to explain just save your "breath".

I am only level 68 right now but it seems like so much to do right now. Plus after the server merges yesterday the population is crazy high.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromy69 View Post
    I am only level 68 right now but it seems like so much to do right now. Plus after the server merges yesterday the population is crazy high.
    There honestly is a ton of stuff to do at max level, given that the entirety of the game is still a viable place to earn CXP. The issue many people like myself have, who have literally been playing for years (I played the Beta before it launched back in 2011), is that the vast majority of the content that's available at max level is content that we've already done 1000's of times because it's been out since launch. It's already old. For people who haven't seen it all a million times I'm sure it's great, but for veterans, its incredibly old news and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    There honestly is a ton of stuff to do at max level, given that the entirety of the game is still a viable place to earn CXP. The issue many people like myself have, who have literally been playing for years (I played the Beta before it launched back in 2011), is that the vast majority of the content that's available at max level is content that we've already done 1000's of times because it's been out since launch. It's already old. For people who haven't seen it all a million times I'm sure it's great, but for veterans, its incredibly old news and boring.
    Sadly, thats about as true as it gets.

bioware has relied way to much on getting gamers that have stuck around to do old and stale content again and again while producing little new content.

It's just one of bioware mistakes over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I started playing again ... and my random Flashpoint is always hammer station it seems.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I started playing again ... and my random Flashpoint is always hammer station it seems.
    Deselect it then. That's what I do for any FPs I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Deselect it then. That's what I do for any FPs I don't like.
    That would stop you from getting the group finder bonus though.

It would also stop you from getting the daily reward as well as I think all boxes have to be checked for at least the first time you run it.

I know right now, if you do a random and don't have them all checked, it will not count to get the Darth Hexid companion as you have to be able to get the daily reward for it to count.

Of course, if none of that matters to you (or you have ran your one daily and got the bonus already) yea, just uncheck what you don't want to run.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    That would stop you from getting the group finder bonus though.

It would also stop you from getting the daily reward as well as I think all boxes have to be checked for at least the first time you run it.

I know right now, if you do a random and don't have them all checked, it will not count to get the Darth Hexid companion as you have to be able to get the daily reward for it to count.

Of course, if none of that matters to you (or you have ran your one daily and got the bonus already) yea, just uncheck what you don't want to run.
    For the companion. Do you need to the daily(bonus) three times or just 3 groups via group finder in total?

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    For the companion. Do you need to the daily(bonus) three times or just 3 groups via group finder in total?
    What companion?

What companion?
    Darth Hexxid/Hexid on the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    You have to have the daily bonus acive for the PVE side of this to get the companion.

You can do 3 PVP matches and get the PVP achievement and get credit for the companion that way AND you can do all 3 back to back. If you like PVP, it's much easier that way.

If you want to get her through PVE. You have to have the daily reward available. So in one day you can't run 3 FPs and get her because you can only get the FP daily reward once a day.

However, to get around that and because it's legacy wide. You could run 3 daily FP's on 3 different toons and get credit. (one per toon)
    You could also run 3 different LFG events. Like, One FP, one uprising and one OPS. Just remember, story mode does not could for FP and UR IIRC - for those it has to be Vet or above. All OPS difficulty levels work as long as it's through the LFG tool.

What companion?
    Darth Hexid. The companion that lost out to Master Ranos from the DVL event a while back.

Shes a Darth Maul wanna be.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_wX7RmGGQbs/maxresdefault.jpg
    Last edited by quras; 2017-11-14 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    You have to have the daily bonus acive for the PVE side of this to get the companion.

You can do 3 PVP matches and get the PVP achievement and get credit for the companion that way AND you can do all 3 back to back. If you like PVP, it's much easier that way.

If you want to get her through PVE. You have to have the daily reward available. So in one day you can't run 3 FPs and get her because you can only get the FP daily reward once a day.

However, to get around that and because it's legacy wide. You could run 3 daily FP's on 3 different toons and get credit. (one per toon)
    You could also run 3 different LFG events. Like, One FP, one uprising and one OPS. Just remember, story mode does not could for FP and UR IIRC - for those it has to be Vet or above. All OPS difficulty levels work as long as it's through the LFG tool.

Darth Hexid. The companion that lost out to Master Ranos from the DVL event a while back.

Shes a Darth Maul wanna be.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_wX7RmGGQbs/maxresdefault.jpg
    Eh, not really interested. I hope they bring back Shae Vizla though in another event or even as a purchase.

So I went ahead and hit the unsub button about a week and a half ago. I'm done with being stuck in a love/hate relationship with this game any longer. The experience has been like being the battered girlfriend and always coming back to the abusive boyfriend who apologizes and promises to change, only to revert to his old ways after a few days of flowers and boxes of chocolates.

I took a 2 year break and came back a bit after 5.0 released and literally nothing changed. SWTOR is like the only MMO I know of where you could be gone for 1, 2, or even 3 years and pretty much nothing changes. They made this game so solo-able that it's become a solo game with a chatroom and a few coop minigames.

PvP is a joke with all of the throwers, queue syncers, wintraders and backfillers running amok. Then you have tons of people getting top 3 spots for characters on accounts that they end up selling. It's all an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikozye View Post
    So I went ahead and hit the unsub button about a week and a half ago. I'm done with being stuck in a love/hate relationship with this game any longer. The experience has been like being the battered girlfriend and always coming back to the abusive boyfriend who apologizes and promises to change, only to revert to his old ways after a few days of flowers and boxes of chocolates.
    While not the best F2P plan. I think you are way off base with that analogy.

I f you have never paid a single dime. So what, you can't get over 350K credits. So you can't use purple gear. So you can't use more than 2 hot bars. So you can't hide your helm or match colors.

You can still easily play the best content this game has to offer and thats 8 class stories and do it all for not a single penny. Honestly, I don't find it all that bad when I consider what I am getting for nothing and if I want to get more out of an MMO, you should pay to remove those minor inconveniences. If you want to do more in the game, be competitive in PVP, run a lot of FP and OPS and use the best gear then I have no problem in making gamers pay something.

So overall, while I think it needs some tweaking, it's no where near as bad as you claim and I give swtor a "F"ing hard time for their stupidity.

I took a 2 year break and came back a bit after 5.0 released and literally nothing changed. SWTOR is like the only MMO I know of where you could be gone for 1, 2, or even 3 years and pretty much nothing changes. They made this game so solo-able that it's become a solo game with a chatroom and a few coop minigames.
    Yes, it mainly focused on single player content with very little MMO/group content. However, your mistake is saying nothing much has changed and thats is so far from the truth I don't know where to begin. Hell, galactic commend alone is such a major change that it sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.

Is it mainly solo stuff thats been added over the past 2-3 years. Yes. Little group content? Yes, again. but lets not pertend some major things hasn't happened.

PvP is a joke with all of the throwers, queue syncers, wintraders and backfillers running amok. Then you have tons of people getting top 3 spots for characters on accounts that they end up selling. It's all an absolute joke.
    This I will agree with. PVP is a joke and quite terrible in in swtor a right now it's worse than ever with how bioware put one of the major mats needed for the best augments in the game in one of three places.

Nightmare PVE which so few people run anymore it's a wonder it's still in game. So thats a slim to none chance of getting that mat.
    In galactic command crates. While they can drop in a crate it's RNG and another low chance. Pray to the RNG Gods and shit in one hand and see what happens first. So thats pretty much a no go as well as a reliable source.

Then you have Ranked PVP. Notice I said ranked only so you can't even queue up solo to get the new mat. So whats happening is like minded groups are forming to get into ranked PVP just for the mat and who the "F" cares if they win or lose. It's a guaranteed "win" to eventually get the mat. No wasting time in a nightmare group and wiping. No wasted time hoping a RNG crates gives you the mat. Win or lose - do ranked PVP and eventually after some matches get the mat you want.

So Ranked is flooded with people that just don't care about PVP but feel enticed to do RPVP for the mat and it's a cluster "F" beyond reason that bioware designed into the game.

SO yea. PVP is a joke right now. It hasn't always been that way but right now it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    SNIP... Would it have been impossible to rename the character as "Charactername of Servername" and use Servername to identify characters? Lazy devs are lazy..
    Impossible for the swtor development team yes but I wont lie. I think it would look monumentally stupid to see "Charactername of Servername". It looks bad enough to me for guild names much less character names and I can't even imagine how hard or screwed up in game mail might get screwed up.

While I have no doubt it could be done. I can see why it wasn't done.

and lost most of the unique names.
    How unique could they have been if someone else had them? While I get your frustration, you were also a non-paying customer at the time and a pay customer should always come first and server mergers was a must have.

A question about Hutt Cartel and (especially) Shadow of Revan expansions, should I also do side quests or just main missions in those expansions?
    At least once yes. I encourage people that play to do at all the quests at least once. Do the story quests and side missions even the planet ones at least once. They are good but not as good as the class stories but they are worth doing at least once to get the full expereince.

I was contemplating playing around with SWTOR again. There are only 2 remaining US servers and they're strictly PvE now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    I was contemplating playing around with SWTOR again. There are only 2 remaining US servers and they're strictly PvE now?
    There are only 2 remaining US servers and both are located in VA. So if you are west coast or APAC, you're going to get more lag they you might expect. There is a lot of bad blood with bioware and how they did it all. bioware killed off the entire west coast servers and pretty much lied about doing it while moving it all east coast.

They suck ass for doing that so secretly.

They are not just PVE though. The player can choose PVP or PVE at anytime and move to those instances if they want OWPVE. You also have all the normal PVP queue up stuff like arenas, huttball and battleground type things but they are not strictly PVE.

Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Fortunately I'm in the mid-Atlantic so lag shouldn't be an issue. When I played during launch there we so many servers it was ridiculous, then shortly after I quit they began merging. I couldn't believe it when I looked at their status page and noticed they were down to 2 US servers and they had them flagged as PvE so I figured they eliminated PvP servers and just went with instanced PvP.

I miss Huttball. Probably the single most fun experience I had in SWTOR. I wasn't even that great at it.