Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Troll Lore/Story I have in my head.

So with Vol'jin being dead for awhile and no other troll seemingly stepping up into the role of "faction leader" I've had this thought/scene in my head for awhile now. I know it will never happen but for some reason I want to share it. So without wasting more time...

THE SCENE
    Sylvanas and Nathanos are discussing war matters in private. Topics are pretty straight forward but at the end of the conversation Nathanos asks "Are we moving forward with the plague production?" (Maybe not plague, my lore isn't stellar but some kind of very questionable/dishonorable tactic is mentioned).

"Of course." Sylvanas replies.

"I'll see it done." Nathanos bows his head and exits the chamber leaving Sylvanas alone with her thoughts.

As the echo of the door being closed and the footsteps of Nathanos fade away, Sylvanas continues studying the maps and reports Nathanos left. A moment of silence hangs in the room, but it short lived. "Dat be da wrong answer Banshee Queen." An eerily familiar voice comes from the shadows behind Sylvanas.

In an instant Sylvanas has bow in hand with an arrow ready to be drawn and released at the shadows behind her. Her eyes search the darkness. "How did you get in here troll?"

"You think you're da only one who can move through shadows?" The troll's voice now resonating from the opposite corner of the room.

Sylvanas pivots and tracks the voice, she draws her bow and takes aim at the shadows. Still she sees only darkness. "Have you come to kill me, Shadow hunter?"

"And if I have?" the voice comes from the same corner Sylvanas has her arrow pointed at.

The shadows behind the Banshee Queen begin to soundlessly move. The murky silhouette of a troll begins to take shape. Sylvanas draws her bow fully and replies, "I will not die here." The shadow figure continues to grow solid and begins to raise an arm, glaive in hand, soundlessly stepping forward to strike. As color and detail start to enter the figure, Sylvanas in a flash rolls forward and turns completely around. Upon rising, the arrow is released and flies perfectly on target.

Sylvanas sees a familiar looking troll, but only for a moment. As the arrow contacts the troll's skull, the entire figure dissipates from the head down, a shadowy decoy. The troll replies, his voice still from the shadows Sylvanas originally had her arrow aimed. "Agreed. I won't let you die here."

"Won't let me?" Sylvanas thinks for a moment, still on guard. "Why are you here troll? Why do you wear the face of that 'Old Troll'?" She turns and asks the voice in the shadows.

"Da Horde will rise or fall based on da decisions you make." All the shadows in the room begin to move, slowly creeping around the room, growing. Sylvanas watches silently. "Dis war will cost us all greatly." Now the shadows in front of Sylvanas begin to build as a wall of darkness crawls forward towards the forsaken ranger. "Only a united Horde will survive." The wall of shadow stops a few paces before Sylvanas. "Da Loa sent me to watch over you. To protect you as you lead da Horde." The shadows begin to creep back to their original locations. As the wall of shadow falls back, slowly reveals a crouched troll. He is adorned in the garb of an elite shadow hunter, with a variety of weapons and trinkets. The troll holds a glaive in one hand and his face is covered by an ornate mask. "Da Horde needs Sylvanas da Warchief, not da Banshee Queen" he says as he slowly rises.

Standing fully upright, the troll towers over Sylvanas. Sylvanas remains silent as the troll sheathes his glaive and reaches for his mask and speaks. "As for wearing da face of dat 'Old Troll'." He removes his mask revealing the familiar face Sylvanas nearly mistook for Vol'jin. "I can't help it if I look like my father."

END SCENE...more or less

So...why? Trolls are lacking influential characters worthy of being their faction leader. Vol'jin has multiple children but only one has been named and he was the youngest and is now dead (rip Yenniku). I imagine the son from my story/head was training to be a shadow hunter and it went very well, crazy badass. Developing one of Vol'jin's sons would also in turn develop more of Vol'jin's story, who we lost too soon. Too soon.

As a shadow hunter, transitioning into a leadership roll would be easy as shadow hunters are the highest authority of jungle trolls. Of course it would take some development to make the transition but yeah. Sidenote: could lead into playable Shadow Hunter class...although that'd be a lot of classes with "hunter" in the name, wtb Blizz a thesaurus.

Sorry for the wall of text. Hopefully that one person who read it doesn't get cancer. So (hopefully cancer free) guy, thoughts? Could it have worked? Completely stupid?

Thanks for your time. Laters and take care.

P.S. 1st post so sorry if the location is wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's something that could work
    If Blizzard ever thought on developing new Darskpear characters ever
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    So many words to introcude another H-h-help'jin. No need for another pussy who will question its leader and speak about costs of war.

if anyone then God King Rastakhan should become troll leader, but only if he is not a wimp like Darkcucks. Trolls need Zul'jin 3.0, ruthless and meat craving.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    So many words to introcude another H-h-help'jin. No need for another pussy who will question its leader and speak about costs of war.

if anyone then God King Rastakhan should become troll leader, but only if he is not a wimp like Darkcucks. Trolls need Zul'jin 3.0, ruthless and meat craving.
    The gist was basically introducing a badass shadow hunter son of Vol'jin, his personality and traits could be whatever worked best to make an interesting and compelling character. Not sold on anything in my head, he could be written like a Zul'jin 3.0. I would rather see an actual Darkspear leading the Darkspears though over them getting enveloped by the Zandalari, but that actually may be what happens in BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Epic View Post
    The gist was basically introducing a badass shadow hunter son of Vol'jin, his personality and traits could be whatever worked best to make an interesting and compelling character. Not sold on anything in my head, he could be written like a Zul'jin 3.0. I would rather see an actual Darkspear leading the Darkspears though over them getting enveloped by the Zandalari, but that actually may be what happens in BfA.
    Race leaders should bow like the shits they are before their Warchiefs, even if such Warchief is a miserable piece of wench cunt like Sylvanas. They need to learn how to growel and moan.

If Help'jin's son will be against everything his father stood for then I'm fine with it. True cannibal savage mystoc jumbo mumbo, like they should be.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This is what Trolls we all about. The original intro cutscene when you made a troll character described trolls as ‘cruel, barbarous and superstitious with a seething hatred for all other races’ but out of nowhere in Cataclysm you had Darkspear obsessed with honour and family in a way that was totally out of character for them.

I love all the dark mysticism that came with the old trolls. Hints of cannibalism and other savage behaviour. I look forward to the Zandalari coming in being all that with a golden civilisation to back them up.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    The next troll leader will in fact be Vol'jin's twin brother, Vul'jin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    This is what Trolls we all about. The original intro cutscene when you made a troll character described trolls as ‘cruel, barbarous and superstitious with a seething hatred for all other races’ but out of nowhere in Cataclysm you had Darkspear obsessed with honour and family in a way that was totally out of character for them.

I love all the dark mysticism that came with the old trolls. Hints of cannibalism and other savage behaviour. I look forward to the Zandalari coming in being all that with a golden civilisation to back them up.
    This is why I adored them in the vanilla. And that cut joke about killing dwarves.

May Zandalari salvage this mess of tusks.

Well Darkspears certainly need a worthy presence, after being seriously mishandled after the revolution. They deserve to have their unique storyline as Zandalari will likely outshine them easily, aspecially when Darkspear leader was tossed out to make space for fanservice queen.

Ofc there will be always haters that will bitch about Darkspears, so there are only two options - either they will continue to get shaft of the story and be irrevelant, to make people complain about them over and over. OR they will finally get a worthy development and presence to show what they are capable off, and offer us some nice new heroes that are not tossed out away for no reason - Like Torunscar which seemed to grow slowly in Cataclysm like Nazgrim.

Ofc we need more Darkspear troll heroes, it was a big mistake to get rid of Vol'Jin before he had a successor to take over a tribe and more of a story than two lines of description.

I think Vanira could make an interestinv Vice-leader if she was given character re-design treatment. But before that happens, Vol'Jin needs to go back in physical form, not as a spirit, but back as alive troll, do fighting and commanding to prove again his worth.
    Bwonsamdi asked for 1 milion of souls for a tradeoff. It could work for a Loa to bring him back like that. And now that not only Zandalari but Kul Tiras aswell is involved it would be a paerfect time for him to act. As he was the one in vanilla to advocate for Trall to deal with Kul'Tiras once and for all. He has a grudge to them, to nagas, and he still has a business for Zandalari. It was ridiculous to kill him off when he had plenty of story for him ahead.
    I think it would be cool if after coming back he would hide his identity and in digusie to fight Kult Tiras, aid Zandalri just to reveil himself at the end of expansion.

I think it would work, sure it's not perfect, but it would be better than what it was so far.

Personal wish is, for Darksprears is that they're portrayed as Dark, that they have this mischevious cunning quality and vibe which Zandalari would lack. I really liked that lined in WoW after you quested against Bleeding hollow, when Denjal said to be careful for them, as they fight dirty. And then he added "Couse we fight dirtier".

And that Shadowhuntress Kajassa killed off entire Warsong party, and it's implied that she murdered draenei captive once she served her purpose. It would show them as capable fighters, that aren't goodie two shoes. This grey spectrum is perfect for me.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-11-14 at 03:20 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    especially when Darkspear leader was tossed out to make space for fanservice queen.
    i dont believe it was fanservice just progress with the story blizz obviously regreted the choice of voljin as warchief

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    i dont believe it was fanservice just progress with the story blizz obviously regreted the choice of voljin as warchief
    How can you tell? If anything during conference when asked about Vol'Jin they appeared to acknowledge that they screwed up with killing him off. There was error on error in entire Broken Shore scenario, everything was done in such a sloppy way that it's unbelievable that someone approved to release it like that.

And lastly, he was the most fitting racial leader for this job, he proved himself, he was embracing Horde values, he was one of the Horde founders. He had it all.
    And now we get another book in which it's written that Sylvanas is doing stuff because Saurfang and Baine are nagging her.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    It's probably because Varian died and Blizz opted to go "factions must have equal losses" route even though Vol'jin's death was total bs.

Ofc we need more Darkspear troll heroes, it was a big mistake to get rid of Vol'Jin before he had a successor to take over a tribe and more of a story than two lines of description.
    I kind of feel that way about many of the races in WoW, not having a clear and well developed character as a backup faction leader should one die. If every single faction leader died today, how many of those factions have a clear option(s) for viable leader? I'm sure it'd be difficult but I'd love to see 2-4 characters per race getting some kind of story progression so Blizz could game of thrones the lore and not leave races floating in a leaderless limbo. Maybe a future xpack each race could get a capital city built (or just overhaul if needed) and have some racial/character driven narrative quest chains if weaving them into the regular zone quest chains proved too limiting. I don't know. I would like to see more/better racial cities but that's not critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The next troll leader will in fact be Vol'jin's twin brother, Vul'jin.
    Go away lmao
    "It really do be like that sometimes..."

I agree, I think the biggest crime is we killed off Zul'jin so long ago, he would be the perfect fit to lead the Trolls and the current Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I agree, I think the biggest crime is we killed off Zul'jin so long ago, he would be the perfect fit to lead the Trolls and the current Horde.
    Bad guy was a proper troll, unlike cremated pile of shit. Maybe they will introduce someone semi interesting in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Epic View Post
    I kind of feel that way about many of the races in WoW, not having a clear and well developed character as a backup faction leader should one die. If every single faction leader died today, how many of those factions have a clear option(s) for viable leader? I'm sure it'd be difficult but I'd love to see 2-4 characters per race getting some kind of story progression so Blizz could game of thrones the lore and not leave races floating in a leaderless limbo. Maybe a future xpack each race could get a capital city built (or just overhaul if needed) and have some racial/character driven narrative quest chains if weaving them into the regular zone quest chains proved too limiting. I don't know. I would like to see more/better racial cities but that's not critical.
    Yeah exactly, bottom line is, that most of playable races aren;t that well developed. They don't have champions with back up story that that could raise up if there was some shit going on.
    Darkspears had Zen'Tabra from current prominent leaders, but she was recently more involved with Hippie Circle than her own tribe.
    Vanira was forgotten in Cataclysm, and she could've been interesting character if devs would involve her in couple of quests.
    Torunscar was promising character, he was the one that was negotiating with Therazane and made her go on truce with ER, and later he was mastermind of ER operations in Twilight Highlands. He was slowly growing in importance. And then bam - killed off in Hour of Twilight Dungeon. Why? It was not a random NPC, and we needed more troll heroes He could easily re-appear in Shaman Class Hall as follower, together with his companion Norsala that also had unique voice actor.

Then we had Kajassa, we had like 4 quests with her in WoD, but those quests shown her shady nature. it would be another competent representative.

Not to mention that I could come up with 5 designs of character for them, where each one has different skills and personality.
    I'd really like to see the cunning asshole archetype re-appearing, like witch Doctor Zin'Jil from Malaka'Jin.

But it all requires work. Here is the hope that Zandalari will show developers that trolls HAVE potential, and that they can be involved in interesting stories.

But not only trolls, the number of recognizable orc( Thrall only?) or tauren (Hamuul, Aponi) is also pretty low.
    Undeads has besides Sylv, there is Nathanos - and I guess Belmont.
    Goblins.. Lol. I only recognise Gob Squad.
    Pandaren... yeah only one, and it's racial leader.

Only Belves has quite a backup.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Yeah exactly, bottom line is, that most of playable races aren;t that well developed. They don't have champions with back up story that that could raise up if there was some shit going on.
    Darkspears had Zen'Tabra from current prominent leaders, but she was recently more involved with Hippie Circle than her own tribe.
    Vanira was forgotten in Cataclysm, and she could've been interesting character if devs would involve her in couple of quests.
    Torunscar was promising character, he was the one that was negotiating with Therazane and made her go on truce with ER, and later he was mastermind of ER operations in Twilight Highlands. He was slowly growing in importance. And then bam - killed off in Hour of Twilight Dungeon. Why? It was not a random NPC, and we needed more troll heroes He could easily re-appear in Shaman Class Hall as follower, together with his companion Norsala that also had unique voice actor.

Then we had Kajassa, we had like 4 quests with her in WoD, but those quests shown her shady nature. it would be another competent representative.

Not to mention that I could come up with 5 designs of character for them, where each one has different skills and personality.
    I'd really like to see the cunning asshole archetype re-appearing, like witch Doctor Zin'Jil from Malaka'Jin.

But it all requires work. Here is the hope that Zandalari will show developers that trolls HAVE potential, and that they can be involved in interesting stories.

But not only trolls, the number of recognizable orc( Thrall only?) or tauren (Hamuul, Aponi) is also pretty low.
    Undeads has besides Sylv, there is Nathanos - and I guess Belmont.
    Goblins.. Lol. I only recognise Gob Squad.
    Pandaren... yeah only one, and it's racial leader.

Only Belves has quite a backup.
    Definitely think most of the Horde along with gnomes and pandaren are lacking.

I never liked Gallywix as the goblin racial leader, I think Gazlowe would be more loyal to the Horde and is more iconic. Gallywix feels like a goon forced into a temporary alliance with the Horde, Gazlowe feels more like a close friend to Thrall imo.

I also feel like Chen should have leaned more towards Horde, considering he literally helped found Durotar and fought alongside Rexxar in Theramore.

The Revantusks should also get some action within the Horde (same with the Stonemaul ogres), even just having a few NPCs that accompany more plot-important NPCs would be better than leaving them in obscurity. Plus forest trolls are cool!

But what about Rokhan? "Death be a real trip, mon!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domcho View Post
    But what about Rokhan? "Death be a real trip, mon!"
    Rokhan's sole trait is being Rexxar's sidekick.

Oh wait, he appeared in Warcraft 3. That's Blizzard's seal of approval for relevant character
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.