Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Sorry, but this may just be the Brit in me, But why the fuck is being a Doctor considered such a lucrative career in America? Like really, It's a almost mandatory service, and you let them all cost you thousands for nothing.

Imagine if Firefighters were like that. or Police.

It's horrific.
    Because being a doctor requires a rarer skillset than being a firefighter or policeman.

However with the technology we have, things can easily be done by nurses and other less trained staff that currently require (by law) to have a doctor do.

An extremely high skill position like a heart surgeon is pretty necessary for a lot of people. I'm not sure why you'd think highly skilled people should not be compensated well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Most of them arent "poor", they are financially irresponsible and its their own fault. If you are only making minimum wage you shouldnt be spending money on things that arent essential to sustain your life (TV, cable service, lottery tickets, smart phones, air conditioning, smoking, alcohol, drugs, eating out, making kids that you cant afford, entertainment, vacations, etc...) Have some personal responsibility

Yes, because poor people not wasting their stacks of money on Taco Bell, a pack of Marbs, or having a kid is suddenly going to take them out of poverty.

Jesus christ...are people really this stupidly fucking right-wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Most of them arent "poor", they are financially irresponsible and its their own fault. If you are only making minimum wage you shouldnt be spending money on things that arent essential to sustain your life (TV, cable service, lottery tickets, smart phones, air conditioning, smoking, alcohol, drugs, eating out, making kids that you cant afford, entertainment, vacations, etc...) Have some personal responsibility
    Nice victim blaming. Actual scientific research shows that people born into poverty have a social disadvantage right from the start and aren't even educated enough to know how to have personal responsibility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    Because being a doctor requires a rarer skillset than being a firefighter or policeman.

However with the technology we have, things can easily be done by nurses and other less trained staff that currently require (by law) to have a doctor do.

An extremely high skill position like a heart surgeon is pretty necessary for a lot of people. I'm not sure why you'd think highly skilled people should not be compensated well.
    Because alot of Doctors are glorified consultants who just use a computer Database to find out the right prescription. Surgeons perhaps deserve the high pay, but a BP or walk in doctor? No.

Honestly? The fact that we have so many Indian Doctors shows it's not a hard skillset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Nice victim blaming. Actual scientific research shows that people born into poverty have a social disadvantage right from the start and aren't even educated enough to know how to have personal responsibility.
    Too bad for them then. My parents were poor as fuck, now they live fairly well off by having personal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    My employer.
    You realize that the employer pays the other amount you don't right...... either way someone is paying for it one way or another....

Because alot of Doctors are glorified consultants who just use a computer Database to find out the right prescription. Surgeons perhaps deserve the high pay, but a BP or walk in doctor? No.

Honestly? The fact that we have so many Indian Doctors shows it's not a hard skillset.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad for them then. My parents were poor as fuck, now they live fairly well off by having personal responsibility.
    Your parents don't represent the majority of people.

Deleted
    Your parents don't represent the majority of people.
    One is a Mechanic and the other worked on the Phones for banks. Pretty typical lower class jobs. They just didn't spent money on £400 TVs every 3 months.

Now they CAN afford to spend money like that, but don't. Because Hard work and money sense are not only for the middle class.

People born into poverty have a genetic disadvantage moreso than a social one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The average cost of health insurance in the US is between 170$ and 350$ per month per person at 21 depending on what sort of plan you use from Catastrophic to Platinum. There are a few reason as to why health services costs so much in the US and that has to do with accessibility. That is to say there is no real limit to how accessible a doctor is. The thing is that certain plans are only carried by certain hospitals/doctors and the Onus is on the user to use those hospitals/doctors, they can still go to the other doctors but they should expect issues. Also people like going to emergency care whenever they get a headache which is far more expensive than just scheduling a meeting

- - - Updated - - -

People born into poverty have a genetic disadvantage moreso than a social one.
    I was unaware that genetics make a person predisposed to being poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    The problem you're facing when you make something as Healthcare profitable, is they're gonna drive those prices artificially into the sky and the ones who's gonna pay the price is that retard who decided to randomly get cancer, fuck that guy for getting cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The average cost of health insurance in the US is between 170$ and 350$ per month per person at 21 depending on what sort of plan you use from Catastrophic to Platinum. There are a few reason as to why health services costs so much in the US and that has to do with accessibility. That is to say there is no real limit to how accessible a doctor is. The thing is that certain plans are only carried by certain hospitals/doctors and the Onus is on the user to use those hospitals/doctors, they can still go to the other doctors but they should expect issues. Also people like going to emergency care whenever they get a headache which is far more expensive than just scheduling a meeting

- - - Updated - - -

I was unaware that genetics make a person predisposed to being poor.
    Well it literally does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it literally does.
    So tell me what genetic marker makes you poor?
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Well it literally does.
    See, if it does, then does that mean Genetic cleansing of poor people is justified? If we stopped Poor people from breeding, could we solve Poverty over a single generation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    The problem you're facing when you make something as Healthcare profitable, is they're gonna drive those prices artificially into the sky and the ones who's gonna pay the price is that retard who decided to randomly get cancer, fuck that guy for getting cancer!
    The thing is that when you see people being charged 2k for a few stitches it's because they went to the Emergency Room rather than the area for non-emergencies

Mental Illness for many people, and lack of care.

Deleted
    The thing is that when you see people being charged 2k for a few stitches it's because they went to the Emergency Room rather than the area for non-emergencies
    See, in a smart system you wouldn't make a profit off of using the emergency room as an express lane.

- - - Updated - - -

Mental Illness for many people, and lack of care.
    Actually most Mentally Ill people I see are Middle Class.

Or Minorities due to Inbreeding. Funny that.

Having a high time preference (the inability to delay gratification) is mostly genetic and a fantastic predictor of whether one will live in poverty.

https://evolutionistx.wordpress.com/...-mental-trait/

- - - Updated - - -

See, if it does, then does that mean Genetic cleansing of poor people is justified? If we stopped Poor people from breeding, could we solve Poverty over a single generation?
    Just because an uncomfortable fact exists, does not mean we need to start massacring people. Gene editing and embryo selection are coming, although some people are uncomfortable with eugenics. For now, I think it is just best to understand all the facts so we don't keep wasting our time on futile solutions.

Deleted
    I got a question. Americans that have insurance.
    Do you still feel worried, that you might get sick? In terms of insurance ofc. I mean all you here about is insurances trying to screw over their customers.

Deleted

Just because an uncomfortable fact exists, does not mean we need to start massacring people. Gene editing and embryo selection are coming, although some people are uncomfortable with eugenics. For now, I think it is just best to understand all the facts so we don't keep wasting our time on futile solutions.
    This gets very uncomfortable when we enter the realm of the fact that Black people as a Majority are Poor. I didn't understand you were still alive and well mr Hitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, in a smart system you wouldn't make a profit off of using the emergency room as an express lane.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is that there are only so many doctors working the express lane, and there are some people that actually need the express lane, dumbass #5 who decided to clothesline themselves with a metal wire and is barely injured gets no pity from me for needing to go to the ER for a few stitches when he could wait in the lobby and probably get out in the same amount of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egeris View Post
    I got a question. Americans that have insurance.
    Do you still feel worried, that you might get sick? In terms of insurance ofc. I mean all you here about is insurances trying to screw over their customers.
    The people who get screwed over are the ones who go to Doctors that aren't covered under their plan generally.