Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    especially since the original intent of the 2nd amendment is to give the people the ability to defend against a tyrannical government.
    You do realize if the government goes "tyrannical" you're fucked right?
    There's that silly persecution complex again. If you really believe that, why are you still playing? And if you're not, why are you hanging around to bother the people who are?
    Kirroth

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Because comparing the United States with Finland is an oh so useful comparison.
    Yeah, don't know why @Mormolyce had to bring that up. It has nothing to do with the typical Tuesday in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Maybe it's time that people be open to the possibility of discussing that the 2nd amendment has done far far more damage than what was supposed to be its initial purpose. The constitutional amendments aren't some infallible directives passed down from a higher being, they were made by humans as flawed as your or I who couldn't possibly foresee the ramifications of it.
    Imagine hating guns so much that you hate the rule of law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough, the texas shooter was shot by a law abiding gun owner, and stopped the attack.
    It's just a pity it didn't happen until after he'd killed 20+ people within a couple of minutes. But you know, silver lining and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantash View Post
    You do realize if the government goes "tyrannical" you're fucked right?
    Don't be silly. Drones and armoured tanks can easily be taken out by a couple of well placed ar-15 bullets
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If a child keeps cutting himself with a knife do you keep giving him a damn knife?
    Oh look, a generalization with as much merit as thinking all Muslims are terrorists because ISIS...how clever.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

But if one of the victims were armed, this could be avoided.

Cause you know, the solution for the gun problem is always more guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah, don't know why @Mormolyce had to bring that up. It has nothing to do with the typical Tuesday in the US.

I was trying to figure out how you could be so inured to mass shootings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Oddly enough, the texas shooter was shot by a law abiding gun owner, and stopped the attack.
    Imagine how many shootings wouldn't happen if guns wasn't so easily accessible in the first place. That way you don't need to rely on someone to gun them down.

January 25th 1989, 2 dead.

November 7th 2007, 9 dead.

September 23rd 2008, 11 dead.

That's every single school shooting in Finland ever.

For US it's like every other thursday or something?
    This is what I was getting at.

Prevention is better than cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I was trying to figure out how you could be so inured to mass shootings.
    Sure, it would be a big deal if a school shooting happened in Finland.

But shootings in US pretty regular thing and three victims (as per the original headline) is also quite low.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    California has some of the strictest gun control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    But if one of the victims were armed, this could be avoided.

Cause you know, the solution for the gun problem is always more guns.
    Well that's how the last one ended, an armed civilian.

Sure, it would be a big deal if a school shooting happened in Finland.

But shootings in US pretty regular thing and three victims (as per the original headline) is also quite low.
    I was just trying to say that that fact alone is really sad.

Are the mentally ill not entitled to due process?
    Ironically, said due process is to prevent them from owning guns, and not the other way round.

Alt-righters really do have minds that work backwards.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

What? Now I'm racist against Muslims? Why do you keep attacking me lol. It reeks of desperation. I am just curious why the lives of all the people that died this year due to some idiot with a gun in the US are worth your ability to buy a gun so freely?
    Alt-right logic: "We need more guns to prevent problems that arises with gun ownership".

Like everything they do, even if it clearly doesn't work, just double down.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    No, i don't.Criminals can get a hold of a weapon without it being legal.Ever heard a little thing called a black market?
    So Smith and Wesson has an illegal guns factory cranking them out for the black market?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    If only it had been some other tool used to assault these folks, then it would not have been so bad.
    For once, you manage to be factual.

Most militaries don't wander around with swords or bows anymore, because guns are simply much more effective at killing.

If the killer is limited to weapons other than guns, the death toll is extremely likely to be far lower.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

What? Now I'm racist against Muslims? Why do you keep attacking me lol. I am just curious why the lives of all the people that died this year due to some idiot with a gun in the US are worth your ability to buy a gun so freely?
    I could rant about the 2nd and what not but really its pretty simple for me, because i believe that humans are the most dangerous animal on this planet and if in the course of defending my life or a member of my family from one i believe in the use of effective and deadly force. A gun provides the effectiveness in limited collateral dmg and we all know how deadly they can be. Thankfully ive not be in a situation where ive had to act upon my belief against a human, but i have had to against a bear and a puma. As scared as i was in both those instances i know how much more frightened id be, how much more dangerous it would be, when it comes to humans.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Policies are laws are never made for the individual person.
    They are applied on a individual level.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, why didn't they stop when they realized they were in a gun free zone!?

Oh right. because that shit has slightly less than no meaning to a criminal.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    For once, you manage to be factual.

Most militaries don't wander around with swords or bows anymore, because guns are simply much more effective at killing.

If the killer is limited to weapons other than guns, the death toll is extremely likely to be far lower.
    Well if you want to praise knifings thats on you. i personally think any assault against innocent folks with any tool is bad enough. You dont know the out come anymore then i do as what would have happened here if this man didn't have access to a gun. To claim you do is insanity.