Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    that the color of the eyes are for reasons of game not of lore, in the lore alleria it has green eyes but in the game they are blue.

- - - Updated - - -

blood elves with blue eyes in the game

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lanesh_the_Steelweaver

Teris Blightsunder

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Teris_Blightsunder

Sunreaver Captain

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Captain

Sunreaver Frosthand

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Frosthand

the sunreaver Assassin is a very special case not only appears in the purge of dalaran also appears in thunder island and his eyes are still blue
    Sunreaver Assassin
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Assassin
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68756/sun...delviewer:10+0
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70045/sun...delviewer:10+0

astromancer darnarian

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Astromancer_Darnarian
    So by that logic the Wavecrest High elves too have green eyes ?

Stop saying BS. All blue-eyed blood elves are well known bugs exept for 1 or 2 npcs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehujanne View Post
    The reason High elves started calling themselves blood elves was not because of fel or anything like that. They changed their name to respect their brothers who fell to the Scourge. They are literally the same race, it's just that one group of them calls themselves with a different name than the other. Only "biological" difference is their eye color. That's not a difference big enough to make them a new species or anything. Their differences are cultural in nature.
    Why does it matter? Every Allied race already exists as a main one. High Elves and Blood Elves being the same race is not an argument against High Elves being playable or else neither of the introduced Allied races should be playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    Why does it matter? Every Allied race already exists as a main one. High Elves and Blood Elves being the same race is not an argument against High Elves being playable or else neither of the introduced Allied races should be playable.
    Except for that time the Game director said precisely that when asked about playable High Elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Except for that time the Game director said precisely that when asked about playable High Elves.
    He said that High Elves are unnecessary because there are already Blood Elves and Void Elves. If he meant that High Elves won't be playable because they are too similar to Blood Elves, then his Void Elves comment makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    So there are Alliance BElves? The basis for your argument is the non-canon RPG.
    Apparently, the Void Elves are exiled Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    blood elves with blue eyes in the game
    If you are going to use these, you should probably dig out the interview where Blizzard stated that these were mistakes that they would eventually get around to fixing

10+ Year Old Account
    He said that High Elves are unnecessary because there are already Blood Elves and Void Elves. If he meant that High Elves won't be playable because they are too similar to Blood Elves, then his Void Elves comment makes no sense.
    No you misunderstood. While I agree that Void Elves are too similar to Blood Elves and shouldn't have been added (same goes for Nightborne for being too similar to Night Elves), Ion's issue is the same one we've been pointing out for years now.

High Elves are not too similar to Blood Elves.

HIGH ELVES ARE BLOOD ELVES AND VICE VERSA

The Void Elves are very similar, but I concede they are not completely identical. That seems to be enough for the dev team.

Simplest solution is to rename as High Blood Elves

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Apparently, the Void Elves are exiled Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are going to use these, you should probably dig out the interview where Blizzard stated that these were mistakes that they would eventually get around to fixing
    lanesh the steelweaver in isle of thunder has blue eyes
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69259/lan...delviewer:10+0
    lanesh in suramar still has blue eyes

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=114887/la...delviewer:10+0

Sunreaver Assassin in the purge of dalaran has blue eyes

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68756/sun...delviewer:10+0

in isle of thunder has blue eyes
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70045/sun...delviewer:10+0

blizzard did not correct anything !! they kept putting the same blood elves with blue eyes on different patches and expansions

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clear some things up cause I see many confusing comments in this thread. High Elves are not Blood Elves, but Blood Elves are High Elves. Some High Elves became Blood Elves but not all of them. Just like some Night Elves left Kalimdor (Highborne who used arcane magics) who then later became High Elves. But that doesn't mean all Night Elves are High Elves. Both Alleria and Vereesa are High Elves, they are not Blood Elves. They never were part of the dabbling into other magics like fel and they weren't part of the group that survived after Arthas attacked with the Scourge who renamed themselves Blood Elves.

High Elves are just Blood Elves that smoke weed

Deleted
    No you misunderstood. While I agree that Void Elves are too similar to Blood Elves and shouldn't have been added (same goes for Nightborne for being too similar to Night Elves), Ion's issue is the same one we've been pointing out for years now.

First of all, if High Elves are Blood Elves than Vereesa is a Blood Elf which is a stupid statement and you know it.

Secondly, Ion's statement was "Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves and Void Elves are pretty much another flavour of High Elves."

Show me, please, where Ion is saying here that Blood Elves and High Elves are identical while Void Elves are a bit different? All I see here is him saying that Blood Elves are a flavour of High Elves (because Void Elves are another flavour) as are Void Elves. His point is clearly not that High Elves can't be playable due to them and Blood Elves being the same thing, as according to him Void Elves, who are playable, are to High Elves what Blood Elves are to them. His point is that you don't need High Elves when there are already Blood Elves and Void Elves to play as. Whatever else you see in this statement is due to your bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    No. Then all High Elves would have green eyes. The High Elves whHo left Silvermoon weren't around fel energies.
    Gosh Anduin, that's an official source... and it says if you were in Quel'thalas following the 3rd war or Outland during that period when fel was being used (not post TBC), you would have green eyes - that means some high elves do, not all, the majority of the remaining high elf population never returned to Quel'thalas (Dalaran, Stormwind, Theramore etc). Most who did return became blood elves anyway. A few in Quel'thalas rejected the blood elf ideals and left, and some were exiled, (including the most recent exiles who become void elves) - those are the ones that would have green fel eyes, the rest won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Those who left too late would have green eyes and those from Outland should have green eyes as well.

But gameplay > Lore

Even Alleria with naturally green eyes got blue ones, for whatever reason.
    There will be a lore explanation for that I expect. Possibly the void has this effect on the elf even when not in void form. It probably imposes on any existing condition. While I expect out of void form the void elves would be normal Thalassian elves, I also suspect like Alleria's eye colour was changed, this will be one of the so called visible indciations of the void. But.. who knows huh.

- - - Updated - - -

And why @Obelisk Kai fails to see this is beyond me, the trick Mr Kai is to actually listen to what he says rather than what you want to hear and all of a sudden, clarity!

- - - Updated - - -

The Void Elves are very similar, but I concede they are not completely identical. That seems to be enough for the dev team.
    Oh, pardon me, it appears you do understand and I mis-understood what you were trying to say earlier. Politically the void elves are high elves, however, like those who were affected by fel had some minor mutations those who were not affected by fel would not have, those who tap into the void is possible might have the same.

Truth is we do not know the full extent or meaning of what it means to be a void elf. Whiles presumably like Demon Hunters it's some tough shit only elves can achieve, it would appear that only Alleria is teaching, and as Silvermoon kicks out anyone who wielded the void, they are back to being high elves now following the alliance. However they are also a new version of said elf. In a sense like the green orcs are to the brown orcs, essentially being a high elf sub-race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheLegion View Post
    Simplest solution is to rename as High Blood Elves
    I had to laugh a bit at this . But if they did that, we'd have a whole new argument pointing out that High Blood Elves are not the same as High Elves or Blood Elves, but they are High Blood Elves. Whiles some will argue they are Blood Elves that are high on possibly Bloodthistle?, and other cheekies would point out they are elves that have high blood pressure. Still some would think they are tall blood elves, whiles others would think they are social class that are high.

Thalassian elves is what they're commonly called when we don't care to distinguish which political or ideological path they have taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, if High Elves are Blood Elves than Vereesa is a Blood Elf which is a stupid statement and you know it.

Secondly, Ion's statement was "Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves and Void Elves are pretty much another flavour of High Elves."

Show me, please, where Ion is saying here that Blood Elves and High Elves are identical while Void Elves are a bit different? All I see here is him saying that Blood Elves are a flavour of High Elves (because Void Elves are another flavour) as are Void Elves. His point is clearly not that High Elves can't be playable due to them and Blood Elves being the same thing, as according to him Void Elves, who are playable, are to High Elves what Blood Elves are to them. His point is that you don't need High Elves when there are already Blood Elves and Void Elves to play as. Whatever else you see in this statement is due to your bias.
    I read that as follows.

Blood Elves are vanilla flavour ice cream.

High Elves are also vanilla flavour ice cream.

Void Elves are blueberry flavour, but still ice cream.

Traditionally, it has been pro High Elfers desperate to play up any difference between High and Blood beyond the political in a flimsy attempt to pretend there is some difference.

Can you tell me the physical differences of being a Republican or Conservative or a Labour supporter/Conservative voter in real life?

Void Elves are now physically different, even if only by a matter of degrees. High Elves and Blood Elves are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

Oh, pardon me, it appears you do understand and I mis-understood what you were trying to say earlier. Politically the void elves are high elves, however, like those who were affected by fel had some minor mutations those who were not affected by fel would not have, those who tap into the void is possible might have the same.

Truth is we do not know the full extent or meaning of what it means to be a void elf. Whiles presumably like Demon Hunters it's some tough shit only elves can achieve, it would appear that only Alleria is teaching, and as Silvermoon kicks out anyone who wielded the void, they are back to being high elves now following the alliance. However they are also a new version of said elf. In a sense like the green orcs are to the brown orcs, essentially being a high elf sub-race.
    I disagree. If the High Elf traitors to Silvermoon accept the Void Elves, then they will be shown to be hypocrites. Nor can I see the Void Elves calling themselves High Elves.

The Void Elves will be scorned by the rest of their kind. They will be a distinct group within the Alliance and given they are a.) Former Horde and b.) indulging in a magic worse than fel and c.) really only there because Alleria is personally vouching for them, you are going to find them heavily distrusted.

I mean, the nations of the Alliance are going to be more familiar with Thalassian Elves as an enemy people at this point. A threat.

They'd probably be better placed to form a relationship with Night Elf Illidari than the High Elf.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-11-15 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    High Elves are not in a different "political party". Blood Elves are corrupted by Fel magic.
    Except they basically are. They differ from Blood Elves for ideological and political reasons.

Do you think Fel define Blood Elves? Blue-eyed Blood Elves are a thing, you know. "Blood Elf" is the term meant to honor the High Elves fallen to the Scourge. There was never any "biological" implication attached to it.

2. Blood Elves are corrupted to a higher degree.
    Nope, Blood Elves are tainted the same way of Orcs. If anything, their slight corruption is far less visible since it involves the eye color alone.

Are High Elves the same race as Blood Elves? Sure, but so are Void Elves. There is still a difference between those different kind of elves. To say that they are the same is retarded.
    To say they're the same is to state a goddamn fact. Void Elves are defined by the Void-fuckery specifically and that's what make them different. High Elves have literally nothing different from Blood Elves besides the eye colour, a trait that is not even an absolute: within the right circumstances, there can be blue-eyed Blood Elves and green-eyed High Elves. It's all about who has been near a certain source of Fel radiation or not. Blood Elves end up being the majority due to them sticking to Silvermoon.

What truly strikes an absolute difference between Blood Elves and High Elves are either the ideological/political affiliation or, more simply, wherever they were around Kael'thas when he renamed the race. That's it.

Just because some might have left too late doesn't mean that all High Elves are fel-corrupted as well.
    The point flew over your head. The mere existence of Fel-tainted Thalassians that call themselves High Elves rather than Blood Elves disprove the Fel corruption as defining difference between the two groups.

It's not the Fel corruption setting them apart, that was merely situational. Their choices and political allegiances are what truly define them.

Lol Ion said "Spoilers guys: High Elves are pretty much Blood Elves". Did he say Void Elves are just another flavour of High Elves? Yes, but he didn't say "Void Elves are pretty much Blood Elves".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    I read that as follows.

Blood Elves are vanilla flavour ice cream.

High Elves are also vanilla flavour ice cream.

Void Elves are blueberry flavour, but still ice cream.
    You only read it as follows due to your bias. Ion's statement is clear - Blood Elves and Void Elves are related to High Elves the same way, both are different flavours of High Elves. Both are also pretty much High Elves according to him. The statement is clear at what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Lol Ion said "Spoilers guys: High Elves are pretty much Blood Elves". Did he say Void Elves are just another flavour of High Elves? Yes, but he didn't say "Void Elves are pretty much Blood Elves".
    The statement "Void Elves are another flavour of High Elves" implies that there is one more flavour of them. And Ion didn't mean Moon Elves with it.

Void Elves and Blood Elves both are flavour of High Elves. They are also both pretty much High Elves. Take off your bias glasses and just look at what Ion said.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only read it as follows due to your bias. Ion's statement is clear - Blood Elves and Void Elves are related to High Elves the same way, both are different flavours of High Elves. Both are also pretty much High Elves according to him. The statement is clear at what it says.

The statement "Void Elves are another flavour of High Elves" implies that there is one more flavour of them. And Ion didn't mean Moon Elves with it.

Void Elves and Blood Elves both are flavour of High Elves. They are also both pretty much High Elves. Take off your bias glasses and just look at what Ion said.

Whilst we are going down a culinary rabbit hole, we did look at what he said.

He said High Elves are Blood Elves, and Void Elves are another flavour.

Rather than our bias being at work here, it is your own in being determined to pretend a High Elf and a Blood Elf are different in any way.

You know what separates a High Elf and a Blood Elf?

An opinion.

Deleted
    Whilst we are going down a culinary rabbit hole, we did look at what he said.

He said High Elves are Blood Elves, and Void Elves are another flavour.

Rather than our bias being at work here, it is your own in being determined to pretend a High Elf and a Blood Elf are different in any way.

You know what separates a High Elf and a Blood Elf?

An opinion.
    Are you on purpose missing out "pretty much" which means "not identical"? Because it seems like you do. It's simple, the difference between High Elves and Blood Elves is pretty much the same as the difference between High Elves and Void Elves according to Ion. You may disagree with him, I may disagree with him but that's what he said. And considering that Void Elves are being introduced as a playable race, clearly the similarity was not the issue for playability of High Elves. Or else Void Elves wouldn't be introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you on purpose missing out "pretty much" which means "not identical"? Because it seems like you do. It's simple, the difference between High Elves and Blood Elves is pretty much the same as the difference between High Elves and Void Elves according to Ion. You may disagree with him, I may disagree with him but that's what he said. And considering that Void Elves are being introduced as a playable race, clearly the similarity was not the issue for playability of High Elves. Or else Void Elves wouldn't be introduced.
    Similar but different. The Nightborne are similar but different to the Night Elves.

The Void Elves are similar but different to the Blood Elves.

Similarity IS clearly an issue, otherwise they would have just given you High Elves and the Horde a renegade faction of Night Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Of course similarity is an issue, otherwise they would have given you High Elves or at least considered High Elves a viable option for the future but they're not. Even Mag'har Orcs are treated as potential future option but not High Elves.

"Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves" doesn't need much interpretation. It's pretty straightforward. "Pretty much" do not indeed mean "identical" but rather "too similar". Void Elves aren't "too similar". That's why they're playable. It's not rocket science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I think blizz could just add some eye color changing options and that would be nice for the blood elves. There are some blood elves with blue eyes and they should have some pilgrims that came from outlands that ended up staying there. Beyond some ideology point wow needs some more customiza