Poll: Are you guys ok with the two alliance allied races?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Draenei is my favorite race pretty much made all Draenei on my alliance server. I really like the way they look and their lore. But I am not really feeling lightforged Draenei though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its not only about concept. Horde also gets more. Two of three Horde allied races can be druids and its mean new/improved models for druid forms. If lightforged and dark iron could be shamans and gets unique shamans forms i wouldn't complain.

Also straight back orc and troll - how Alliance side balance it?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus1177 View Post
    I honestly feel like they were a bit unfair here. They will give the Horde straight-up Orcs, Zandalari, which is a completely new model, Nightborne, which is a completely new model again and the Highmountain, which is a reskin. The Alliance will get 3 reskins, reskin of a blood elf, resking of a dwarf and a reskin of a Draenei.

I'm a Horde, so I can't say I'm mad about it.
    Assuming it does not change from the footage I have seen, Nightborn and Zandalari use the Night Elf skeleton.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Assuming it does not change from the footage I have seen, Nightborn and Zandalari use the Night Elf skeleton.
    That's weird, I am not sure about the Nightborne, but don't Zandalari have completely different idle stance? That would indicate a different skeleton, wouldn't it?

I'm actually very surprised Allied races aren't 1:1 between Horde and Alliance. Alliance got a new version of blood elves and new versions of two of their own races, while Horde got a new version of one of their own races and two new races that have no pre-existing connection to either faction. Well, I don't know what sort of skeleton the BfA-adjusted Nightborne will have, but Zandalari are confirmed to be different from other races. If Nightborne use night elf skeleton, then it's essentially the same case as void elves, if thematically more separated than blood elves and void elves.

One could say Horde "won" this one, even if the blood elf model isn't uniquely theirs anymore. It feels weird that Tirasians didn't become a new race for the Alliance, since they are pretty much equivalent of the Zandalari this expansion and they have a unique burly model besides the basic human one.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy28 View Post
    Horde gets Nightborne which I am happy about, I really like them. We also get more Tauren and Trolls, the two most original and interesting races on the Horde.
    It appears you made an error. Fixed dat for ya.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy28 View Post
    Just annoys me greatly that the took a Horde race, made it worse and gave it to the Alliance.
    Fixed that for you. They are still okay in my book through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I really was hoping for Eredar, and the less bulky ones. Draenei were already one with the light (including their trait) - golden eyes and better horns should have become additional options instead of "new race". Army of light story is also not that interesting in terms of cultural difference or history.
    My thoughts exactly. I was sad when they announced Lightforged Draenei because that means we won't get the Eredar, at least not for a while, and they are way cooler and more original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged Draenei are a bit boring. I would have rather seen the Krokun be an allied race, then I can finally play a Broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    While most of Allied races have animation rigs of already existed races, only Nightborne and Zandalari both have somewhat original models.
    But I think that most of them are WiP and all Allied races will be much more different from current races.

But I am 100% sure that Horde players will cry (and their tears will be absolutely justified) when Alliance will get fat Kul Tiras humans with 100% unique and original models and animations. It will happen 100% because both Zandalar and Kul Tiras are main allies of Horde and Alliance in story of BfA. So if Zandalari Trolls, the main allied faction of Horde, will be playable, there is a high chance that Kul Tiras Humans, the main allied faction of Alliance, will be playable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    But I am 100% sure that Horde players will cry (and their tears will be absolutely justified) when Alliance will get fat Kul Tiras humans with 100% unique and original models and animations. It will happen 100% because both Zandalar and Kul Tiras are main allies of Horde and Alliance in story of BfA. So if Zandalari Trolls, the main allied faction of Horde, will be playable, there is a high chance that Kul Tiras Humans, the main allied faction of Alliance, will be playable too.
    Why would anyone cry over it?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Honestly, who cares? I'm just happy they are introducing allied races as a thing. A lot of people are excited for Lightforged and Void Elves, and if they're not.. Well, they said they will introduce more races through the system, so better luck next time around.

I'm not sure we're going to get kul'tirassian humans. If they had plans for them I'd assume they'd be the zandalari counterpart. My guess is blizz doesn't think 'hardy' humans will be popular compared to things like void elves and dark irons etc.

As a Horde I want Man'ari T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Why would anyone cry over it?
    Because:
    1) They are cool as f@ck. They are a hybrid of Vrykyl nad Ogres, but not dumb stupid.
    2) They will have 100% original an unique model and animations unlike other allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    While most of Allied races have animation rigs of already existed races, only Nightborne and Zandalari both have somewhat original models.
    IMHO, only Zandalari have somewhat unique skeleton.

Nightborne are reskinned nelves, but Zandalari use a mix of trolls and nevles animations, at least they did in MoP.

And from what I've seen Kul'Tiras humans use Vrykul skeletons...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I am telling you right now:
    Horde are not going to get Thunder Totem, and they certainly aren't going to get Suramar.

Playable HM Tauren will likely be a small off-shoot group the main bulk will remain neutral. Nightborne will almost certainly be a small splinter group under Silgryn, Suramar is not going to switch to Horde.

That said, the Alliance did sort of get the short end of the stick when it comes to this batch of allied races. Dark Iron and LF Draenei basically look identical to their regular race counterparts when in armor, Zandalari have a distinct posture that sets them apart from the Darkspear, and HM Tauren have visually striking antlers.
    Thalrysra is the one talking with Liadrin to bring the Nightborne into the Horde as seen in the Legion Demo. She sent Silgryn as the Surumar ambassador.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    As a Horde I want Man'ari T_T
    Why would man'ari eredars join in the horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    Why would man'ari eredars join in the horde?
    Well, not all of them, but a bunch of Eredar defectors or something like that.

Horde is basically a bunch of ex-slaves and exiles, nice fit, if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PLS View Post
    Void Elves have a teleport racial, like blink, thats op as ___
    It will depend of the range of the teleport. I still think HM Tauren will have the most op racial of the new races, while light forged draenei the most shitty one.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, not all of them, but a bunch of Eredar defectors or something like that.

Horde is basically a bunch of ex-slaves and exiles, nice fit, if you ask me.
    It has more sense if they join alliance, with their own race. They are just evil for fel powers, but if they are redeem, Velen prophet would accept them, since he was the one of the eredar leaders.

Man'ari eredars aren't ex-slaves or exiles, they were the lieutenants of Sargeras, draeneis are the exiles ones.
    Last edited by mmoc8dbfc1017b; 2017-11-15 at 03:04 PM.