Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I know there is an issue with loot boxes in this game (or even just in general). I just didn't know how the cards worked in this game, as I was unable to play the beta much, do to the awful blurriness in game.

Anything I've been reading, has been the outrage over the hero costs, it's almost like the cards have been pushed to one side and forgotten, when it sounds like they should also be changed.
    The hero costs are connected to teh loor boxes. The boxes can contain credits, which you use to buy the heroes, hence by buying loot boxes you get the heroes faster.

The hero cost outrage was the perfect distraction by EA. People focused on it and now the discussion about the inherent unfair bullshit on the whole "progression" system was drowned by it.

So the numbers have been crunched and to unlock everything in the base game will take you 4,528 hours or just a nice one off payment of TWO THOUSAND, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

In case people didn't know. Sit down.

EA are the bad guys. You defend these guys you are the dude that was like "i dunno man, the republic was okay but these stormtroopers seem be alright, whats a porgrom every other week?".

EA is always the problem ,doubt Dice had anything to say in it.

Lul at the people in this thread defending this game (that bought it). "You don't need lootboxes, stop badmouthing the game! I love it!"

Honestly, the lootboxes probably isn't a huge deal if EA was up-front about it, even if it is slightly P2W.

The thing is though, those people adamantly saying the game is fine should be thanking those reddit downvotes and the community outrage. Those people are who made EA make things playable for you. Don't you understand that the game right now is easier because those people fought for your rights? Don't side with fucking EA on this, they just care about your money. Side with the people you're playing with.

I dont know why people have a problem with playing a game they find fun. I see people playing grindy games to get the best stuff all the time. No one calling those games publishers dirtbags. The whole "heroes" controversy is stupid to complain about. heroes of the storm had the same system and i didnt hear shit about ppl complaining it took too long to get "all" the heroes. People dont even play every single hero every hour of the day. They have favorites and those are the ones they went for first either with ingame gold or cash. And guess what blizzard didnt price every hero the same. Yet if you had 0 gold it still took 10k gold or 15k to get those popular heroes. How long does that take? And how long did it then take to level up those heroes.

Why didnt you complain this much about the system in HoTs but now your complaining about it in an EA game.

I have seen my brother play Warframe for the past few months grinding away just to level up his mastery w.e that is, where hes got to level up weapons or somthing. I see it as a boring grind but he doesnt see it that way. Hes found some kind of meaningful progression in that system and hes not complaining cuz hes been doing it for months. Why is that any different that you playing SWBF2 for a few months just to max a few heroes? Its not like all your game time is spent playing as the hero anyway? Most your time is spent as a foot solider or as a fighter pilot.

I cant shake the feeling that this and the last game would play way better without the hero shenanigans, as soon as someone who's skilled at the game gets his hands on Darth Maul it basically turns me and my, often times clueless, teammates into fodder for his killstreaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I dont know why people have a problem with playing a game they find fun. I see people playing grindy games to get the best stuff all the time. No one calling those games publishers dirtbags. The whole "heroes" controversy is stupid to complain about. heroes of the storm had the same system and i didnt hear shit about ppl complaining it took too long to get "all" the heroes. People dont even play every single hero every hour of the day. They have favorites and those are the ones they went for first either with ingame gold or cash. And guess what blizzard didnt price every hero the same. Yet if you had 0 gold it still took 10k gold or 15k to get those popular heroes. How long does that take? And how long did it then take to level up those heroes.

Why didnt you complain this much about the system in HoTs but now your complaining about it in an EA game.

I have seen my brother play Warframe for the past few months grinding away just to level up his mastery w.e that is, where hes got to level up weapons or somthing. I see it as a boring grind but he doesnt see it that way. Hes found some kind of meaningful progression in that system and hes not complaining cuz hes been doing it for months. Why is that any different that you playing SWBF2 for a few months just to max a few heroes? Its not like all your game time is spent playing as the hero anyway? Most your time is spent as a foot solider or as a fighter pilot.
    HotS and Warframe are F2P games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You buy loot boxes.

Loot boxes have random upgrade items and/or crafting currency.

Duplicate cards are converted to crafting currency.

You craft upgrades with the crafting currency.

The more loot boxes you have, the more straight upgrade items and craftign currency you'll have. Getting boxes by playing is relatively slow. Buying boxes with cash means instant upgrades and advantage over people who don't buy loot boxes with cash.

You see the issue?
    *cough*

Battlefield 3/4 unlock skip for $$$ -nobody cared about them either.

So how much do you have to play now to craft XY?

That's the only question that needs to be answered, everything else is pointless whining for the sake of whining.
    Especially when people do it without knowing how it works and what you need and get.
    (See Campaign reward bullshittery half assed knowledge etc.)

If you tell me "you need to invest 20 hours/games per card upgrade and there are 140 cards"
    That'd suck.
    If it's like 1-2 it wouldn't. It would be comparable to leveling a character in your favorite RPG game.

And since time is something everyone values and feels differently about, I need/want/would like to get costs and win/loss battle credit-gains.

I'm not buying it anyway, because I'm not a big fan of third person shooters in the first place (unless there is a FPS-only-mode?) and the campaign sucks ... so I'm not invested in the game, but I'd really like to know whether people are overreacting because they like to do that, or if their concerns are actually genuine.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-11-15 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know guys what this game is missing?
    Paid mods.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    *cough*

Battlefield 3/4 unlock skip for $$$
    nobody cared about them either.

So how much do you have to play now to craft X.
    All EA games are at it.

Look at FIFA and ultimate cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post

If you think a buy to play retail release should function like a free to play game designed to sell microtransactions then of course you dont understand. You are the consumer EA wants. The people that bought horse armor in the elder scrolls going "this isn't a slippery slope, haters, its just horse armour, they arent going to cut games up into dlc ever!".

This system is not designed to make the game more fun, or better. Its designed to fleece your wallet. That is the singular reason it exists. To make more money from a project after you already paid for it and keep on disc content for ransom. You might be okay with that but that just means you are part of the problem and voting for companies like EA to push every year for more of a game to be behind additional costs. Maybe one day it will reach your personal wall of gross practices too. When it does you can't complain because you are the guy now defending the poor little guy EA.

So enjoy your "freepay minibuys", just dont call it a grave later, its the future for videogames you chose.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Obi wan: You cant win, Anakin. I have purchased the High Ground paid DLC
    Anakin: You underestimate my wallet.

Also:
    That gif is rather fitting as the goo robot guy keeps coming back just like ea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    I don't know what you guys are on about, I really don't.

Are you really that spoiled you want everything on day 1? I mean, BF1 had that and guess what, everyone on the forums complained about it.

I played the game for few hours today and I feel like I achieved quite a lot! I unlocked a fair bit of star cards and am already on a good path to customize how I want to play my characters. The progression is steady and very much rewarding ... you don't even feel tempted to buy those crates.

Just play the game ... it's fun! All you do is hang onto these numbers and complain how they change and switch 'em around, etc., etc. ... I really hope Game Companies just stop communicating with the "community" and release a product without a word ...

Oh and about unlocking Heroes ... I played around 4 hours today altogether and I already unlocked Darth Sidious, without spending a dime in cash shop ... so stop being foolish and don't follow these so called "game reviewers", because with all this complaining is how they get paid ...

Anyway, do what you want, moan on the forums about stuff you know only from some "game reviewers", hell if I care. The game is good and worth it!
    My problem with battle front is that the progression is loot boxes not that it’s slow. I’ve been playing planet side 2 and you make credits super slow in that to but you can pick out what you want to buy and don’t have to get lucky with a loot box. Even the cash shop in battlefront is loot box based so you can’t even buy what you want with real money just hope you get lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many apologists for EA. Bleurgh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont bother with the AMA, the real questions have been deleted. . . unless you want to know the inspiration behind the artist who did the 3D model for Yoda . . . . . . .

/facepalm

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2017/...e-content.html

It will take 4,528 hours of gameplay (or $2100) to unlock all base-game content in star Wars: Battlefront 2

Just a heads up. With the system implemented in Star Wars: Battlefront 2, it will take you quite a big wallet, or tons of free gaming time on your hand, to unlock the whole game.

Here is the break down:

Notes

I’m assuming that all cards are already possessed, are at level 3, and that the player has 0 credits and crafting parts left over. I’m also assuming that all one time rewards (challenges and level rewards) were used while getting the cards to level 3, so they are not factored in.

Cards from loot crates are assumed to be level 1 55% of the time, level 2 40% of the time, and level 3 5% of the time. Duplicate credit values are assumed to be 200 for a level 1, 400 for a level 2, and 600 for a level 3, this makes the average card level 1.5 and makes the average duplicate worth 300 credits. Loot crates are assumed to provide an average of 2 cards. Crafting parts are assumed to average 50. This makes the value of a crate (once you have every card in the game) worth 600 credits and 50 crafting parts. The credits are accounted for by reducing the cost of hero crates from 2,200 to 1,600.

The cost of upgrading a level 3 card to a level 4 card is 480 crafting parts. Only hero crates are bought because they are the cheapest source of crafting parts.

Players earn credits at a rate of 1,100 credits per hour.

Loot crates required are rounded up. All totals for gameplay hours are rounded to the nearest whole number.

This estimate ignores the time required to get all cards to level 3, the time required to unlock all heroes, and daily crates.

Troopers

There are 17 cards for each of the 4 base troopers. This totals 68 cards and will require 32,640 crafting parts. This will require opening 653 loot crates which will require 950 hours of gameplay (238 hours for a single base trooper class).

Enforcers

The enforcer class type has 5 cards. Upgrading these requires 2,400 crafting parts. This will require opening 48 loot crates which will require 70 hours of gameplay.

Aerial

The aerial class type has 5 cards. Upgrading these requires 2,400 crafting parts. This will require opening 48 loot crates which will require 70 hours of gameplay.

Armor

The armor class type has 6 cards. Upgrading these will require 2,880 crafting parts. This will require opening 58 loot crates which will require 84 hours of gameplay.

Speeder

The speeder class 6 cards. Upgrading these will require 2,880 crafting parts. This will require opening 58 loot crates which will require 84 hours of gameplay.

Starfighters

Each of the three starfighter classes has 9 cards. This totals 27 cards which requires 12,960 crafting parts. This will require opening 260 loot crates which will require 378 hours of gameplay (126 hours for a single starfighter class).

Heroes

There are 14 infantry heroes with 9 cards and 9 starfighter heroes with 9 cards. This totals 207 cards. Upgrading these will require 99,360 crafting parts. This will require opening 1,988 loot crates and will require 2,892 hours of gameplay (126 hours for a single hero).

Grand Total

There is a grand total of 324 cards. Upgrading these will require a total of 155,520 crafting parts. This requires opening a grand total of 3,111 loot crates which will require 4,528 hours of gameplay.

Final cost in crystals

The 600 credits received from a hero crate is worth 27% the cost of a hero crate. This is equivalent to 30 crystals. To account for this, I reduced the cost of a hero crate from 110 crystals to 80 crystals. 12,000 crystals can be bought for $100.

Opening the required 3,111 loot crates requires 248,880 crystals. If you only purchase $100 crystal packs, this will cost $2,100.
    I loved playing the original Battlefront games but i'll likely just skip this one, it's a shame really the actual gameplay footage of this game had me ready to buy the game since i'm a sucker for space combat.

Also MOTHER FUCKIN LIGHTSABER!

10+ Year Old Account
    4.5k hours of gameplay?

Fuck that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    That's not a valid argument tho. My 944 lvl 110 absolutely wrecks fresh 110's and I didn't pay for any of my gear. Just time spent. Like I said, paying is just a temporary shortcut but within the next 7 days you're going to be seeing fully decked out people who didn't pay a dime and they will be wrecking new players.

So in the end, what difference does it make if someone spends 100$ to get geared NOW or someone spends 20 hours to get geared in 5 days.

Pointless arguement
    Would your argument be different if someone was able to use money to purchase an ilevel 960 character right now? Because that's what is going on right now in this game.

For example: Everyone starts at 110 at ilevel 850. And there a number of ways to increase gear level but boil down to two options; spend time playing or spend money. Spending time will get you there eventually, but spending money will dramatically increase the speed in which you do if it doesn't outright get you there.

A better analogy, given that this game is mostly PvP would be in WoW Arena or battlegrounds, you get paired with anyone at anytime regardless of level. Everyone starts at level 1 but there's the option to also spend money to boost to 100. Level 100's can get paired with level 1s. Is it fair anymore for people to be able to buy a level 100 boost if a level 100 can get paired with a level 1 and absolutely wipe the floor with them?

That's the definition of pay to win. The question isn't how long the advantage is there, it's whether spending real money gives you a competitive advantage against other players. The answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Dont bother with the AMA, the real questions have been deleted. . . unless you want to know the inspiration behind the artist who did the 3D model for Yoda . . . . . . .

/facepalm
    Lol, they went through with an AMA? I know I saw a request for such a thing on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Lol, they went through with an AMA? I know I saw a request for such a thing on Monday.
    here it is

Hahahaha

https://archive.is/hiHNg

fuck every little piece of shit game journalist like Klepek who threw an hissy fit over EA receiving threats in an attempt to defend this shit company.